Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force 24 - Crusaders 29

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Force 24 - Crusaders 29

Man that was a great game to watch. Its a real shame we didn't win but at least they played out of their minds and every try the Force got was from brilliant interplay. I thought the tries we scored were better than the ones they did. And at least we have 2 points to show for it. I'm happy I would be ecstatic with a win and 5 but I'm happy with a close lose and 2. Hows everyone else feel?

Wasn't it odd that no penalties were kicked during the game? Says something about the two teams playing I think.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    yer it was a pretty good game, and two points isnt bad, but as you say, its no 4 or 5 points
    i was glad there was no penalties and only one attempt at drop goal. having a preference for league means im all about the trys, and i agree we did score some good quality ones.

Apprentice
    vCash
    WHAT AN EXCITING MATCH!!!! Plenty of positives to take away from it, however, kicking in general play and for the line did let us down. Interesting to see the Force stacking the short side in the first half. Was that part of a plan to keep McCaw at bay?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    A bit of a let down to lose after being up 24-12 but can anyone really complain about 2 points? You'd have to be insane if before the game they said, we'll let you have 2 points and we won't play. Great game all around. I'm thinking about just giving everyone 10 in the player ratings.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    A bit of a let down to lose after being up 24-12 but can anyone really complain about 2 points? You'd have to be insane if before the game they said, we'll let you have 2 points and we won't play. Great game all around. I'm thinking about just giving everyone 10 in the player ratings.
    I thought Giteau, Cross and Staniforth were the stand outs in the backs and Hardy, Sharpie and the three starting backrowers played a blinder. The scrum held up remarkably well I thought considering that Somerville is almost a shoo-in for All Black tighthead this year and Ben Franks is tough customer.

Rookie
    vCash
    Agree about the obvious Cross (best force on field) and Staniforth but Gitts ? Runs crossfield a bit too much for me and front on tackles? - he is not the wallaby answer at 10 and Deans would know that after tonight. Have to say I was embarressed to be a Force supporter tonight when listening to the crowd booing Carter's place kicks. I hope that no one on this web site was part of that. Crusaders are the best provincial side in the world, I think our boys did a wonderful job tonight - the next two weeks are pivotal for our season - if we get 5 points we will make the four.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I am gutted. A couple soft tries to the Crusaders and crucial turnovers at the wrong times in the 2nd half cost us.

Thought Cross was brilliant.

As for booing Carters place kicks, why not? We want to win, got to put him off somehow.

Gareth Hardy - The All Rounder.

vCash
    Brilliant game, before tonight the Crusaders conceded only 1 try in 3 games and the force score 4 against them. That has to say something about the force, like the commentator said at one stage "The Force get the gaps in the Crusaders backline that no other team could do so far"
    I think the boys can be happy with the result(win would've been better, but...)
    Well done....Go the Force

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash

force v crusaders

a cracking game it really showed how the elvs can be used for attacking play pocock must be getting closer to higher honours spanners over the shoulder pass to cross was the highlight of the round crusaders forwards controlled the second half well our tight 5 was exposed too easily at times must get better for the nz tour feel sorry for sharpy last pass bring on the blues!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Also 27,011 for the crowd? What a load. Looked closer to 37,000!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YOTC View Post
    I am gutted. A couple soft tries to the Crusaders and crucial turnovers at the wrong times in the 2nd half cost us.

Thought Cross was brilliant.

As for booing Carters place kicks, why not? We want to win, got to put him off somehow.
    Pathetic childish rugby league behaviour. Suggest you grow up.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Gitts had a shocker(by his standards)
    A couple of defensive lapses & the Crusaders took advantage:thats what makes them such a good side
    A great game to watch though

vCash
    I thought it was one of the best games ive seen this year in the Super 14. Both sides looked like they had a good chance of winning. I thought in the first half, every thing went according to plan for the Force and every pass they made seem to reach their target. But the second half was less memorable, prob cos most were tired. But it looked a lot better once the replacements came on. The crusaders once again showed why they were the top team in the super 14. Dan Carter showed Giteau his class with his own try and Richie McCaw looked like he didnt even carry an injury before this game.
    But mind you, David Pocock once again stood out with his strong running, tackling and he deserved his very first try for the force and in the Super 14. (that was bam-bam wasnt it?!) He looked like a shoo-in for a wallaby spot and held his own against the world's best openside flanker in Richie McCaw.

It looks like we might have Hardy out for a while, cos he didnt look too good coming off. And O'Young looks like he got a bad knock.
    And did anyone notice recently retired Angus Scott as a runner?! good to see the force still making use of him.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaints View Post
    Pathetic childish rugby league behaviour. Suggest you grow up.
    Good to see you know who I am and what I do at the game...

vCash
    its a game we shouldn't of lost!!!

we played well but lapses of concentration let us down, crossy outstanding, poccock was due to have a big game and he delivered, good to see lachie back and he'll be wrapped to score his try, a couple of bad decisions cost us, gitts kicking out from our end, straight to the saders for a try, shep not finding touch when going for a line out in the second half. it looked like there was more than 27,000 there maybe they weren't counting complementary tickets!! yes we were up against the best provincial club in the world but that means nothing when our team runs on to the park, as for booing carter im all for it, he aint playing for the force is he? i doubt he wants the force to win , mind you the way he struck his drop goal in the second half you never know....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast