Thread: 2007 tries all scored in open play

vCash

2007 tries all scored in open play

Ive just had a look at all the tries scored by the force this year and one thing that struck me is that although several forwards crossed over for tries. I couldnt help but notice that all of them were in open running play...
    not a single push-over, or rolling mail "drive n dive" commonly used by the Sharks, Waratahs & Bulls among others....

It just makes me wonder if this technique will ever be used by Mitchell as a possible game breaker or will he stick to his more exciting ethos of running the ball in?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If it works, don't fix it i guess...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric
    Ive just had a look at all the tries scored by the force this year and one thing that struck me is that although several forwards crossed over for tries. I couldnt help but notice that all of them were in open running play...
    not a single push-over, or rolling mail "drive n dive" commonly used by the Sharks, Waratahs & Bulls among others....

It just makes me wonder if this technique will ever be used by Mitchell as a possible game breaker or will he stick to his more exciting ethos of running the ball in?
    With the recent signings the strength we will have up front will be impressive and I'll be surprised if this is not used. It will certainly be to our advantage to develop the pack into a try scoring machine. I'm really looking forward to seeing the next phase in our teams development, our man Mitch is working to his plan.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Also, this might be why the Spirit are struggling with the new ruck/maul rules. There's been a tendency (with Force forwards) to spend too much time in amongst the backs waiting for the 2nd/3rd (etc) phase hit up the middle. It's hard to make those midfield runs if you lose the ball at the breakdown.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    my biggest concern is that its all good if you have strength out wide but the key to success is a teams all-round performance.. im not saying our scrum is bad in fact thought they did well to hold their own against more fancied packs but their lack of drive power is concerning

Enforcer i hope your right! i think we have a world class back line, now we need some inprovement in the tight 5.