Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bummer

Rookie
    vCash
    Settle petal, no one suggested the coach should go, on the contrary I think (and hope) he will be a wallaby coach in the future. the issue is that we have the numbers on the back of the shirts wrong. I think Mitch would know that and that changes are imminent. The current 9,10 & 12 are bullshit, there is no structured backline play from set piece and you do not win rugby games without it. without changes a long season looms.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    The coach must go? The Kiwi?

If you call yourself a Force fan... be a Force Fan.

Show up, cheer them on and stop winging!
    Yeah - what Jess said!!

The coach must go??????????

The coach who got them up for two wins in the republic?

The coach who gives them a game plan to win, only to sit in the stands and watch them get stage fright and forget that plan?
    If he could he'd be pulling his hair out like the rest of us.

GET ON BOARD OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

They are just as likely to get up and beat the Tahs next week.

Now I'll probably miss the first home win thru work when they play the "Canes".They'll know they're up for a tough night there and will lift accordingly.

The changes I'd make would be Sheps to fullback, Mitchell to wing. I'd maybe think about Spanner to 12 and Junior to the bench. A fit Pusey would have to come in too.

vCash
    Pocock to start! that boy wins us the ball so much! Did anyone see that one tackle he made he was up and winning the ball in a split second! Fava....out! Brown in!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    The Coach must go - I think not - a nights sleep helps (the Irish Win did to)

What the coach achieved this week
    1: New Line out option - Fava did an excellent job in the lineout
    2: Hookers - both hookers had no problem throwing straight
    3: He warned us all week that these guys (the lions) were no pushover and composure and discipline would win and did our backs demonstrate this no they lost the plot
    4: Our lighter forwards did an excellent job against a heavier pack

What I hope he will do this week : Lock all the backs up together away from WAGS , DVDs , Us - and any other media - do some serious team exercises - get rid of the "It'll be me who wins the game mentality" and make em pass backwards until they drop and laugh at themselves and learn to play together as a team

The only back excused from this is Mr Cross - he deserved MOM

The win at home will happen probably against the Hurricanes or Cheetahs because they won't put themselves under such ridiculous pressure to win and nobody but us knows that they can do it.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    WHS???

I made Happy sad...

Apprentice Contributor
    vCash
    sad sad day, i was hoping last night was going to be a bit of history, sadly though, it wasn't. Pretorius has taken a leaf of of Wilkinsons book and kept the lions in touch, but the Force should have had a almost unasailable lead by half if it wasnt for a couple of harsh forward pass calls.

when the force came out in the second half they just didnt have the drive they had in the first half, and didnt appear to have as much possession, a couple of poor kick from gits didn't help and shep must have soaked his boots in oil, again the bloody refs are blind as bats and should work on maintaining consistancy, unfortunately the force were a little hard done by but hey i would rather see a season of 1 point losses than than a season of 30 point floggings

vCash
    Allsaints...

It was Troy_the_Oz who said 'coach must go'

It was your comment 'the kiwi' that got under my skin.

He's one of us now... totally committed to our boys and so now he's the 'force coach' and not 'the kiwi'.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Well, let me firstly say that the game was really dissapointing. I think the forwards have been playing a lot better in recent games and in this game held their own, minus the linout throwing.

I think everyone should lay off Matt Giteau for that last kick, as their was a whole game which took place before that, and lets not forget that his leadership thus far has given the team the wins it had in south africa anyways.

Dissapointing end, but it is on again next week, and going by what happened in last nights game, there will be a lot to improve on

Rookie
    vCash
    Mg has wonderful talent but i think his IQ is <50 hence the illfated field goal.....but you get that. The Tahs at one stage had Lote(of nothing...why is he not booted out of rugby to play with his beloved and well matched mungoes?) the Tatoo King (Rogers) and The Dill - imagine that - their combined IQ would total less than Mr Crickets batting average!. And the so called brains of rugby reside in this State.

vCash
    I'm guessing that Gitts will be a very sorry man this morning along with all the Backs - especially given that the second highest try scorer for the Force and possibly in S14 is a prop.

Don't blame him for attempting the kick someone was going to have to do it - the game was lost in the entire 2nd half

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I'm disappointed in all the people in this thread who have started bagging their own team. Your team has played a season and a bit, have a little patience.

That's all I'm going to say, you know who you are.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    I'm disappointed in all the people in this thread who have started bagging their own team. Your team has played a season and a bit, have a little patience.

That's all I'm going to say, you know who you are.
    you dont have to sit through these Subiaco fiascos like we do

It's enough to drive a man to drink,
    now where did I leave that can?

vCash
    Yeah? Well the people who know who they are, are all starting to sound like your average Tahs fan. So that's about as strong of a warning I can give.

I sat through the Highlanders game at subi and had my heart on my sleave watching all the others on the telly.

vCash
    Good call Jess. At some point, the finger would be aimed at JMitchell , but after returming from Saf with two wins, perhaps a bit undeserved. I can't sit in the stands and hear comments, but the key word used by Jess is BUILDING ! Even grandstands can take years to build. JMitchell is trying to build a franchise new club , with how many personnel relying on his ability to bring home the bacon, in an otherwise foreign environment to the S14 level.

Sure some promises have been made to secure contracts and lure talent to the west. The new guys need time to settle , as they had to last year as well, but I'm more confident now that the playing list can deliver some consistency, once the 'promises' are waived and the team gels again.

Cheer up DMitchell. I enjoyed your play for the Reds at wing and fullback, but your form has slumped. No doubt some changes will ensue in the backline, with others to warm the bench! Thats pro football.

from little things, big things grow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaints
    Mg has wonderful talent but i think his IQ is <50 hence the illfated field goal.....but you get that. The Tahs at one stage had Lote(of nothing...why is he not booted out of rugby to play with his beloved and well matched mungoes?) the Tatoo King (Rogers) and The Dill - imagine that - their combined IQ would total less than Mr Crickets batting average!. And the so called brains of rugby reside in this State.

Do you actually have anything nice to say about anyone?

I made Happy sad...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast