Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ARU opens door to helping hand from Twiggy Forrest - (Maybe?)

vCash
    That team could do all right in the Japanese Top-League. Throw in some Spirit guys, some local club stars, we could be cookin'

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 23-08-17 at 17:55.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I am starting to think that the formulas in the spreadsheet are not working, surely if the end result showed they were in dire financial straights plugging in $50 m should show a better than expected end result, there's seems to show the same result!
    Maybe they used the same spreadsheet that governments worldwide used to justify austerity (the one that a university student discovered was missing some columns in the calculations).

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Screw them to the wind to get the new league players access to the wallabies. Then make a promise not to poach any current or formal pathway players from the eastern states. Then go grab as many Australians playing in the northern hemisphere As possible. Small list below. Burgs lists are better http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=38811

Backs
    Matt Toomua
    Nic white
    Nick cummins
    Joe Tomane
    Peter Betham
    Mike Harris
    Jesse Mogg
    Ben Lucas

Forwards
    Kieran longbottom
    Paul Alo-Emile
    Liam Gill
    Hugh Pyle
    Ben Mowen
    John Ulugia
    Albert Anae
    Luke Jones
    Greg Holmes
    Peter Kimlin
    Sorry I am a bit confused--what about our guys??

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe this was the Twigster's plan all along, not meeting with any clear expectation of a result, but meeting just before the Supreme Court hearing to make absolutely, blind-Freddie, obvious the fact that there is no basis whatsoever to the ARU's calculation that the Force are the team to go.

Let's quickly check
    2017 Performance - three teams worse than us, not that
    Historical performance - Apart from one good year, still beat the Rebels
    Team Finances - Nobody is pushing that barrow anymore
    ARU Finances - Proven to not need $50 Million, so obviously not a pressing reason
    Crowds - Rebels are Worse, Brumbies no better even though they're more successful on the park
    Historical Crowds - Same story

When you add all of that up in front of a Judge tomorrow, it certainly seems like a pretty easy case for there being no reason apart from sheer bloody-mindedness. A clever lawyer (and I'm pretty confident Twiggy will have arranged at least one of them for us) would likely be able to argue corruption and underhanded dealings to make the Nazi party look like kindergarten the only question in my mind is whether the ARU can afford lawyers clever eough to weasel their way out of it.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The Nazis weren't underhanded....they did it all out in the open

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Sorry I am a bit confused--what about our guys??

Nothing but we can't play ourselves, I was thinking that there would be more than one team. If it was possible to bring back these players then the new league could conceivably over take the existing comp for Wallabies posisitons.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Nothing but we can't play ourselves, I was thinking that there would be more than one team. If it was possible to bring back these players then the new league could conceivably over take the existing comp for Wallabies posisitons.
    I wouldn't take it as a given that they will be Wallaby eligible if playing in a comp other than Super Rugby.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah got that but that's why I premised with getting the new league players access to the wallabies.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm pretty sure at the press conference when he announced the Force was cut Clyne specifically said it was nothing to do with performance, it was all financial.
    Yep! Go back to post #1 in the "who are you calling unsustainable Mr Clyne" thread on here.

Thing is, these poor excuses for human beings know that they can lie, obfuscate and change their stories with impunity because there isn't a damn thing that we in WA can do about it as the east coast cabal will ensure they close ranks behind them and protect their sorry arses until hell freezes over.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Just asking if we started up an alternative competition who would we play?
    Obviously 3 teams from Australia perhaps invite south Australia, NT. Then salary caps should be higher than super rugby to lure the best players.
    Asian sides: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China.
    Pacific island sides: Fiji, Somoa, Tonga.

I'm wanting the Force to stayin super rugby. Just wondering about this new option? Or are there other teams more credentialed?

I posted this in other thread but maybe it is better here?

vCash
    how do we get intouch with jack ma (ali baba). net worth 37 billion usd. wants china to host rwc. wants to build sport in china/ hong kong. get him on the team , our league will bust sanzaar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    how do we get intouch with jack ma (ali baba). net worth 37 billion usd. wants china to host rwc. wants to build sport in china/ hong kong. get him on the team , our league will bust sanzaar
    Yes I am with you on that option, Maybe get Tony Fernandez on board also Air Asia would make it easrier for fans to travel ,, get rugby Malaysia on board as well,,, Just think we could have 10 to 12 games a season here in Perth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I wouldn't take it as a given that they will be Wallaby eligible if playing in a comp other than Super Rugby.
    Actually that would be awesome.

Petition WOrld Rugby to recognise WA as an independent union, much like Wales and Scotland, follow it up with a one time offer to WA developed players with international experience to change their allegiance to WA and start working towards a World Cup berth.

Sure we'd start as a minnow nation, but once we stop sending all our players' registration fees to fund the Waratahs, I reckon we might build quickly.

The WA vs Wallabies test would be the highlight of the year for me!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...Petition World Rugby to recognise WA as an independent union..
    Funny, I always wanted us to do that with cricket back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Just asking if we started up an alternative competition who would we play?
    Obviously 3 teams from Australia perhaps invite south Australia, NT. Then salary caps should be higher than super rugby to lure the best players.
    Asian sides: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, China.
    Pacific island sides: Fiji, Somoa, Tonga.

I'm wanting the Force to stayin super rugby. Just wondering about this new option? Or are there other teams more credentialed?

I posted this in other thread but maybe it is better here?
    Depends what level you want the Force to be playing at. It's nice to throw around "Asia" but at the Force's current level Japan is really the only option if you want them playing at a similar level to what they are now. That basically leaves Fiji, Samoa and Tonga in the region. These nations already play each other in the Pacific Nations Cup with that competition squeezed around other fixtures in the global rugby calendar - what would change to make that a viable fully professional league if we join?

However if the ARU decides players need to play Super Rugby to qualify for the Wallabies we would likely see an exodus of players, thus weakening the team and bringing other options into play. You could join an 'existing' competition like the Top League in Japan or this mooted new league in China. Would that be interesting enough to players and fans to make Force involvement sustainable?

Alternatively if you want to start a new competition from scratch, Hong Kong and Korea are a long way behind Japan but easily the next best in the region. The game is also huge in Sri Lanka, and it has a presence in countries like Malaysia and Singapore etc. but their standard is below anything that would be attractive to a fully professional side (see Malaysia's recent WA tour). In that case is such a competition even viable?

I don't have the answers to these questions

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast