Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinFwd View Post
    Luvin' the title of this post coz that's just how I feel.

So the Force has had a $800k bail-out from the ARU who have purchased something as intangible as Intellectual Property from a Rugby Franchise.
    IP and rugby doesn't always go hand in hand. When I played prop I was told that I was wearing my IQ on the back of my jersey.

We've also been told that the ARU is goin to get "more involved" but nobody has told the Members or Fan Base what that means.

There were rumours about the CEO stepping down to a Managerial position and the ARU would be in charge.

What does all that mean?
    First, welcome. Great post that encapsulates what lot's of us are wondering.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Luvin' the title of this post coz that's just how I feel.

So the Force has had a $800k bail-out from the ARU who have purchased something as intangible as Intellectual Property from a Rugby Franchise.
    IP and rugby doesn't always go hand in hand. When I played prop I was told that I was wearing my IQ on the back of my jersey.

We've also been told that the ARU is goin to get "more involved" but nobody has told the Members or Fan Base what that means.

There were rumours about the CEO stepping down to a Managerial position and the ARU would be in charge.

What does all that mean?

Does it mean that Sinderberry becomes an employee of the ARU?
    Does he start working in the best interest of the ARU instead of the Force? Coz they aren't necessarily the same!

Rumour has it that some office functions (payroll? accounts?) are being moved over East.
    This sound smart coz there's cost efficiencies to be made here. RugbyWA and WF are well below a critical mass for an efficient business.

So has this change already happened?
    What have the stakeholders of the WF been informed about these changes?
    What have the clubs been told about these changes? Don't the Perth clubs own the franchise?
    So far Members have been told ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN' - ZILCH - ZERO.
    But changes are already happening people.

Is there any thought of having Member reps at regular information meetings so that we can get behind these changes (just so we can really see when our interests are being sold out to the ARU).

IMO Mark Sinderberry IS NOT the man to Move the Force Forward.
    He seems to have dropped his bundle as soon as the Mining Bubble burst.

He's done well to get the jersey sponsorship going after Emirates pulled out. But the my mates who were sponsors have all pulled out as they were treated like crap with no considerations or return for their sponsorship. Poor information. Irregular contact etc etc.
    I understand that we've missed out on some good signings as he was just too slow to seal the deal and finalise the paper work.

I've been reading the comments on this site and clearly Membership is poorly managed. Seems we could write a book about our experiences there. But there's been no Member info sessions since those Members' Meetings in Sinderberry's early days.

There's just NO BLOODY INFORMATION about what's happening.

Meanwhile the Coaching Panel, support staff and Players are meant to try and focus on game day.
    Is it any wonder they lose the plot from time to time.

Big ups for Foley and Hodgson keeping civil during interviews coz I'm sure that they'd like to vent from time to time.
    Wouldn't want to be a punching bag in the Force's gym.

IF there's anything happening about the ARU involvement wouldn't it be good to know?
    If Sinderberry is working under a different structure then wouldn't it be good to know?

The lack of information is certainly starting to get to me.
    TWF seems to be the best sounding board for such issues.
    That's why I've joined.
    Tired of the Members being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed nothing but BS!
    Mate welcome to the site. My thoughts exactly about who the stakeholders are and the lack of information available or being made available. Oh wait we're just the shitty members who know nothing! SILLY ME!! I can confirm right now that unless there are some drastic changes made i won't be renewing my membership after 11 solid years. Time to get angry members and ask for some real fucken changes instead of the piss and wind these cocks want to feed us. FARKEN FED UP

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Bullshit.
    not bullshit in my Galaxy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    not bullshit in my Galaxy
    Sand trap is not a galaxy.

vCash
    You all talk about the membership problems this yr well I was wondering how many of you knew where all your money was going once you paid it to renew..... It was all paid directly to the ARU accounts and Rugby WA must have to get it back from them..

I only found this out after we had committed to the renewal and I am not very impressed....My point is this has been going down for a longer period of time than you all think possibly since the end of last season as renewals came out in Sept-Oct 2015...

I found out a lot of this as I chose the monthly renewal and the CC I used was renewed during this period and they needed the new number.. A gent from Rugby WA` calledin March to request the new number and he informed me of this... Stephanie is no longer in memberships as she has resigned ..A great loss to Rugby WA as she knew her stuff and fixed any problems we had promptly

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    You all talk about the membership problems this yr well I was wondering how many of you knew where all your money was going once you paid it to renew..... It was all paid directly to the ARU accounts and Rugby WA must have to get it back from them..
    They're not doing a great job of it, despite calling to update my card number they still didn't end up taking out any more money from me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    They're not doing a great job of it, despite calling to update my card number they still didn't end up taking out any more money from me.
    I know at the beginning we had money going in and out of our account
    Maybe its an ARU thing mass F/ ups

Apprentice
    vCash
    Seems that you can find out anything if you talk to enough people.

Seems that the lads are flying to Japan to play the Sunwolves.
    You'd think that they'd be going the direct route Perth-Hong Kong-Tokyo
    This is usually about 13 hrs with some hangin' around in HK.
    Maybe time for some quick games of 7s to sharpen the reflexes??

But no.
    Seems that it was CHEAPER to leave Perth and fly to Sydney.
    Hang around the airport lounge and then fly to Tokyo.
    Played my rugby in Sydney - hate the place.
    A cool 17 hrs travel duration.
    That's gotta help the preparation for the game on Saturday.
    Virtually wipes out today as a prep day.
    No wonder the lads are doing it tough if this is typical.
    I wonder what the CHEAP option will be to get them back home?

Did you notice that dean Mumm has come out admitted to infecting the squad with some baby bugs in Capetown before the Stormers game. Now it's all over the press. You'd reckon the Tahs would tell any story to help their cause. Still a good win in Capetown.
    Hope we can do the same. The win not the baby bugs.

Just had it confirmed that the Force squad was hit with viral pneuomonia (up to 10 players) in NZ the week leading up to the Chiefs game.
    Most of the bench were still crook on game day
    Foles had to run out his best not his sickest until late in the game.

It seems that Foles is old school and doesn't believe in excuses.
    Colds and flu are just part of travel and everybody is open to the same problems.

Seems also that Captain Fantastic, Hodgson, had been crook as a dog all week right up to the (Correction not Bulls) Waratahs game with severe gastro bug.
    He'd lost lots of weight and active both ends.
    No surprise that he was off his game a bit and came off at 60 minutes looking real sick.
    Still had a bloody good game.
    No comments as again 'no excuses' from Foles and Hodgson.
    Explains why Hardwick was warming up when not in the named team.

I spose evrybody knows that any admin issues (membership, sponsorship, interface with clubs, newsletters etc) is all the CEO's (Sinderberry) responsibility. As is finalising contracts. Foles just looks after the playing/coaching aspects of the Club. He hasn't got the right to hire and fire ans Sindeberry has the final say (including chats with the ARU) on contracts.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MovinFwd; 04-05-16 at 19:10.

Player
    vCash
    MovinFwd are you working on behalf of the Force PR department.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought Hodgo looked more drawn and off colour than usual in the post game. Now I know why.

vCash
    I'd say the flight via Sydney is due to Qantas being a commercial partner of ARU but I noticed that Qantas do have a codeshare with Japan Airlines so going via Singapore would be an option.

I also notice that flying via Sydney is an hour shorter in travel time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I know at the beginning we had money going in and out of our account
    Maybe its an ARU thing mass F/ ups
    All my problems my payments (first they weren't taking anything and then they were taking too much) for this year were processing errors, admitted to by some extremely apologetic staff at RugbyWA.

vCash
    [U]

Seems also that Captain Fantastic, Hodgson, had been crook as a dog all week right up to the Bulls game with severe gastro bug.
    He'd lost lots of weight and active both ends.
    No surprise that he was off his game a bit and came off at 60 minutes looking real sick.
    Still had a bloody good game.
    No comments as again 'no excuses' from Foles and Hodgson.
    Explains why Hardwick was warming up when not in the named team.
    Welcome to the site. Some interesting insights. Obviously I've have to get out and about more.

This supports my own game day observations but I think you mean the Tahs game not the Bulls game.

Last edited by andrewg; 04-05-16 at 17:27.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Welcome to the site. Some interesting insights. Obviously I've have to get out and about more.

This supports my own game day observations but I think you mean the Tahs game not the Bulls game.
    Yeah right my bad.

Coz it was the Sydney journos who were writing that Hooper had "seen Hodgson off" at 60 minutes.
    He didn't but what would they know?

Last edited by MovinFwd; 04-05-16 at 19:13.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast