Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Reds coach Richard Graham looks to get one over former club Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    It will be even better if I can get to see us win - over in the UK for a week, so does anybody know if the Super XV is shown in the UK and where is a good pub to watch it in London?
    Where in London are you? If you're near Earl's Court the ibis on Lillie Rd has a pretty good sports bar might be showing rugby? Big Aussie tourist hotspot there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Did someone on GnG rugby just call the Force the "form side of the competition"?
    I think they did!
    http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the...ay-top-5-14/3/

Player
    vCash
    It will be even better if I can get to see us win - over in the UK for a week, so does anybody know if the Super XV is shown in the UK and where is a good pub to watch it in London?
    Try the pub Three Kings right next to West Kensington Station (Near Fulham), great sports bar.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I'm with Herpes... I mean Herbies.
    It doesn't matter who we are playing against this weekend. What I want to see is the same level of agression and commitment and self belief this week as we had playing the Chiefs and the Highlanders and the Rebels.
    Now that my beloved Force has shown me how they can play, how I want them to play, I don't want that to dry up. I want to see it every week. Regardless of who we play.
    And if they can do that we won't lose. Even if the other team scores more points than us at the final siren.
    It doesn't matter who we are playing against this weekend. What I want to see is the same level of agression and commitment and self belief this week as we had playing the Chiefs and the Highlanders and the Rebels.
    Now that my beloved Force has shown me how they can play, how I want them to play, I don't want that to dry up. I want to see it every week. Regardless of who we play.
    And if they can do that we won't lose. Even if the other team scores more points than us at the final siren.
    Agree. I just want to see them play well. Winning is merely a symptom of doing this. Also, having winning as the goal can mess with a players headspace; I think this would less likely to happen if the goal is to simply play good rugby.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    If all else fails get a flight to Dublin..the pub called the Shearing Shed opens "out of hours" for the Rugby

vCash
    God Bless 'em!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Couldn't care a jot about graham or stealing players or geniagate etc.etc. This is all about our team and how this team is being built, the systems that are in place and maintaining the consistency that our team wants and desires. The reds don't matter. They had a hard, scrappy match last week and are tired and if we play the way we want and maintain our form we will win. Here's hoping for our first 4 match winning streak
    This is the competitive spirt i enjoy, support the team for what it is and where its going..
    Players come and go, who gives a shit, as fans we are there to support the team.
    None of this petty name calling rubbish that some people stoop too..

I hope its an entertaining game for both fans, whilst i'd love to see the Force extend their current winning streak as its been great to watch, i'm hoping its not at the expense of the Reds losing.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Did someone on GnG rugby just call the Force the "form side of the competition"?
    I think they did!
    http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the...ay-top-5-14/3/
    That's a bit of a stretch that the Seven sides ahead of us on the ladder might (quite reasonably) take exception to!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    I'm enjoying your enthusiasm and confidence, but the personal insults make you look quite insecure and small. You really need to get over the RG hatred. Not long ago you were saying disrespectful things about Foley also, but now he is the new Messiah apparently.

Play the ball not the man.

The WA contibutions on GAGR are far more reasoned and constructive and a lot less whiney.

You can do a lot better.

Should be a good game, I'm looking forward to it. I am pleased that the Force have done well recently, but I believe the Reds are starting to click, despite the injuries. The Crusaders are notoriously slow starters, so the Reds can look to how they build their ladder position from a slow start.

Reds by 10.
    Sounds like someone who supports a team that hasn't beaten the Force in their last three matchups.

I'm not saying that the Reds won't win - they'd have to be slightly favored, as they're at home, and probably have a bit more confidence after last week. And, I'm not quite sure whether the bye will be good or bad for the Force - it's always good to get a break to recover, but they were on a roll, and it could break their momentum.

I don't see where the Reds are going to be dominant. Haven't yet seen the Stormers game, but reports were that they were getting smashed at the breakdown (and area where the Force are sure to contest fiercely) and they only won by 5 and gave up 17 points to one of the worst attacking teams in the comp.

I see it as a toss up, and largely dependent on whether the Force can recover their mojo after the bye.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    9:30am Sky Sports 3. Best to find a pub open at that time on a Saturday, which also has Sky Sports, no matter whether it is good or not.
    Thanks for the game times and will check out sports bars around the Haymarket area - go Force

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I don't see where the Reds are going to be dominant. Haven't yet seen the Stormers game, but reports were that they were getting smashed at the breakdown (and area where the Force are sure to contest fiercely) and they only won by 5 and gave up 17 points to one of the worst attacking teams in the comp.
    Neither do I. Except for perhaps Cooper magic. But our forwards are working very well as a team and I feel like our backrow will get it over the Reds. That will take Cooper magic out of the equation a bit. I'm a bit worried about a flying Tapuai running at Rasolea.

The Stormers don't contest the breakdown much. Their big bopping backrowers try to get turn overs by stacking the defensive line, knocking back attackers and either forcing knock ons or counter rucking when players are pushing back behind the gain line. I watched the game in the week- the Stormers played like shit. So did the Reds for that matter.

I reckon we need to go to a kicking game again. Really pressure JJ Tuilagi. Go to the maul from the lineout. I reckon we'd get good gains off the maul against the Reds. They aren't a big pack.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    *I reckon we'd get good gains off the maul against the Reds. They aren't a big pack.
    Watched a bit of the weekend Shute Shield this arvo. Randwick has made a bit of a hash of a couple of mauls. One of the commentators said "They should watch the Force if they want to learn how to maul"

You reckon Junior is a bit suss in defence GIGS? CTM played 13"for the Beastie Boys in that match but was dragged at about the 50 minute mark after falling off at least half a dozen tackles.

vCash
    I'm starting to warm to Junior after the last couple of weeks Shas, that was James who said he was worried about Taps running at him.

I DO think that Juniors defense is a weak(er) link in the chain, but he seems to be growing into the role.

I have only ever seen CTM playing at a vastly lower level, so as good as he looked there, it doesn't count for a lot. I certainly wouldn't be looking for an untried fringe player at the moment, be it replacing Junior or anybody else in the team. That needs to come after a poor game.

C'mon the

vCash
    Dunno how I got those wites crossed....but anyway, the CTM situation is a strange one. Came with big wraps, has not showed a lot, yet he's thought of well enough to skipper the A team. Go figure.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Neither do I. Except for perhaps Cooper magic. But our forwards are working very well as a team and I feel like our backrow will get it over the Reds. That will take Cooper magic out of the equation a bit. I'm a bit worried about a flying Tapuai running at Rasolea.

The Stormers don't contest the breakdown much. Their big bopping backrowers try to get turn overs by stacking the defensive line, knocking back attackers and either forcing knock ons or counter rucking when players are pushing back behind the gain line. I watched the game in the week- the Stormers played like shit. So did the Reds for that matter.

I reckon we need to go to a kicking game again. Really pressure JJ Tuilagi. Go to the maul from the lineout. I reckon we'd get good gains off the maul against the Reds. They aren't a big pack.
    Definitely agree with you there. The Force's biggest worry is if the Genia/Cooper axis is firing. The best way to counter that is to harass the hell out of Genia through our back row (and Alby). And it's no secret that Quade isn't a happy chappy when he's getting crap or slow ball. That seems to have been the key to success against them in the past.

Considering that the backrow is a strength for the Force, and going from Gill to Beau is a rather significant drop-off IMHO, I'd have to think advantage Force on that count.

I would also venture to say that we may have a set-piece advantage as well. I can't believe I'm saying that out loud, but it seems to be the case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast