Thread: Reds clash game plan?

vCash

Reds clash game plan?

ideas anyone?

I think they may as well throw caution to the wind and attack out wide. Score tries, let tries in, make it high scoring with the hope in the last 5 we have the positive go forward.

Oh, and get Poey to dack QC...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    game plan is go to for lunch and an afternoon of super rugby, get on bus to game, enjoy the game, head back to with a win for some more celebratory tipples

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My game plan may even start before that with a look at some PSA action if Scotch are out and about. Thanks, has reminded me to have a look. Might just catch you for lunch Happy, the steak is on you

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Win the breakdown battle. We have three opensides, all of whom are Wallabies, they have one who is a rookie. Put him under heaps of pressure.

Poey, Hodgo and Brown all charge at Quade every time he gets the ball and put him under a load of pressure.

Higgenbum is a seagull so dont get too worried about him, but make sure that we pay heed to Samo.

Once we have it in the backs, they have some fast guys but they arent interested in work. And their centres are average at best. Sidey, Dellit, Cummins and Smith should have a field day, especially with Cooper trying to be clever but getting smashed.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Direct running.

This would be Jonno Lance's debut would it not? What is his defence like? I know it'll be reasonable from 7s but will it be up to Super Rugby standard? Find Cooper and run at him. If he's at fullback on D, find Lance and run at him.

No long kicking- only medium length contestable kicks. We are much more likely to win a battle of scrumming than in the line-out. Although I'd wager we'll edge them in both.

I want to see some power scrummaging and some of the mauling we saw against the Hurricanes.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    The Force will plan to win and dominate the breakdown. The Reds replacement 7 is one for the future. He is one 'ard lad but short on big game experience and the Force should flood the breakdown. Slow down the Reds ball and the game is won.

We at last have a 10 that will run straight, take the liine on, organise a backline and put runners into holes. Thank the good Lord and praise baby Jesus for unsung heroes that will have a dig. Arise Sir Chucky.

I think our back 3 could cut a swathe through the Reds injury disorganised defence.

I feel a touch of disappoitnment for the Reds. I would desperately like an Australian team to win the Super tournament and the Reds are our only hope. They are going to get belted by the Force in Perth and drop off the top of the perch..........great for the Force but tragic for Australian rugby.

I also feel frustrated that the Force have lost 5 games they should have won and could have been in playoff calculations.

Dead set

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    Win the breakdown battle. We have three opensides, all of whom are Wallabies, they have one who is a rookie. Put him under heaps of pressure.

Poey, Hodgo and Brown all charge at Quade every time he gets the ball and put him under a load of pressure.

Higgenbum is a seagull so dont get too worried about him, but make sure that we pay heed to Samo.

Once we have it in the backs, they have some fast guys but they arent interested in work. And their centres are average at best. Sidey, Dellit, Cummins and Smith should have a field day, especially with Cooper trying to be clever but getting smashed.
    Regarding the seagull - these are his recent points in Fox super fantasy rugby -

23, 37, 51, 25, 34

Squark, Squark, Squark.

He's in my fantasy team- and I'm glad he is.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Regarding the seagull - these are his recent points in Fox super fantasy rugby -

23, 37, 51, 25, 34

Squark, Squark, Squark.

He's in my fantasy team- and I'm glad he is.
    He doesnt do the tight work. He likes to be seen running with the ball and scoring trys etc. But he wont get involved much with the ruck where a flanker should be.

We have wings that do what he can do - and he was genuinely being considered for 12 for this game earlier in the week.

vCash
    many good backrowers are unloved by fantasy rugby as the points system penalises them rather than rewards... last year Pocock was awesome in every game he played but his fantasy stats were crap.

vCash
    What the team should do has been well covered here. Personally my game plan is similar to Happy's. Different venues and with a first stop at the TAB. Incredibly the Reds are still $1.50 favorites and you can get on the Force at $2.45 head to head. 13+ looks pretty attractive at $7.75 too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    A G on 13+ Force
    Dead set easy coin

Controversy corner

vCash
    When ever I've bet on the Force we've lost - I'm staying well away from the TAB today

vCash
    If you can't handle the heat............

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    game plan is go to for lunch and an afternoon of super rugby, get on bus to game, enjoy the game, head back to with a win for some more celebratory tipples
    Great for you, nice attempt to passively aggresively hijack this thread. Stay on topic!

Rex, I'm going to put a g on the Force tonight on your advice. They better win!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post

Rex, I'm going to put a g on the Force tonight on your advice. They better win!
    Glad I continued the hijack then - gave you a chance change feet. Take your own advice.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David