Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies star Quade Cooper conducting talks with Parramatta Eels

vCash
    TG you are quoting a mungo journo, he has basically rephrased Brett Harris's article to appeal to the league readers(oxymoron I know)...

Interesting to note that article has changed since I first read it this morning, the incorrect part about the QRU been in receivership has been removed, he is obviously well credentialed
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    \
    Three solid reasons to stay.

I'm just saying..
    reasons to stay yes but do you know the reasons for him looking at the NRL? and dont say because if the money, cause hes likely to earn More in Union than the NRL.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    TOCC, no need to get defensive. I just posted the latest item.

vCash
    Purely pointing out he is a mungo journo, nothing defensive there
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I post articles from Grumble Growden as well.

vCash
    Good for you...I'm sorry if you thought I was having a dig at you, but I wasn't
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    reasons to stay yes but do you know the reasons for him looking at the NRL? and dont say because if the money, cause hes likely to earn More in Union than the NRL.
    Long term he can earn more in rugby - short term, he can earn more in NRL.

This is a Gen Y'er, so his attention span probably lasts no more than 5 minutes.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post

Here's mine - he enjoys playing at the Reds, he sees the Reds as having a great foundation for future success and his family and friends are in Brisbane.

Three solid reasons to stay.
    Let's all hope he remembers these reasons when they wave the big $$$$$ in front of him at NRL HQ, last time I looked Parramatta is a long way from Brisbane, which would have to make Newcastle he preferance based on those "solid reasons"

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    so every time they have a meeting with either side that side "firms" as favorite?? Cmon you sucky journo's... oh wait i forgot .. they need to fill a newspaper with something, theyd have no news to report if they just reported on the actual news.

vCash
    This morning on Sunsire the bar informed me he's said no thanks to the ARU's offer and they are sending Rocky in to sort sort his brain out? No?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Quade Cooper on sleeping pills before burglary

Quade Cooper on sleeping pills before burglary

* Wayne Smith
    * August 20, 2010 12:00AM

QUADE Cooper may have been under the influence of sleeping pills when he committed the actions that led to burglary charges against him.

The Wallabies playmaker was arrested in the early hours of Sunday, December 6 and charged with one count of burglary of a Surfers Paradise residence.

Cooper had spent the Saturday night at fellow Wallaby Peter Hynes' bucks party, a gathering he attended while possibly still under the influence of powerful sleeping pills, provided to him by Wallabies medical staff, that he had taken that day on the Singapore-Brisbane leg of the return journey from Britain following the Wallabies' tour.

Among commonly reported side effects of a drug he is believed to have taken are memory loss, rapid mood swings and violent temper outbursts. At the time of Cooper's arrest, Angelo Venardos, director of the Creevy Russell legal firm acting on his behalf, said it would be unfair for the public to prejudge his client without knowing all the circumstances.

This revelation appears to be the missing piece to the puzzle. It was anticipated any mitigating circumstances would emerge during Cooper's court appearance but the matter never went to trial because the 22-year-old was persuaded by the ARU into going down the mediation path instead.

It is understood Cooper wanted to have his day in court - especially since the mediation process was rumoured to ultimately cost him $30,000 in compensation paid to the alleged victim of the crime - but he went through mediation because the ARU told him it would not re-sign him until the charges against him had been resolved.

It is not uncommon for players to be given sleeping tablets on long flights. Nor is it uncommon for them to be given such medication on the night before a Test to allow them to get a good night's sleep. But because no player would drink alcohol before a Test, it is understood Cooper may not have been aware of the dangers of mixing alcohol with sleeping pills. He also might have mistakenly deduced from the fact he was given the medication 24 hours before a Test that the drug would not linger in his system.

Cooper's apparent ignorance might have been further compounded by the fact that he delayed his return from the tour and did not travel home until several days after his teammates. Hence he would not have had immediate access to team medical advice.

Wallabies doctor Warren McDonald last night would not confirm or deny what Cooper had or had not been given, citing doctor/patient confidentiality.

Because Cooper was not able to begin meaningful contract negotiations with the ARU until after his legal problems had been resolved, it was only last month that he received his first offer.

The fact that the process had been so long delayed worked heavily to the advantage of the ARU which presented Cooper with an initial contract top-up offer $30,000 below what it had made to a former Wallaby who last played Test football in 2007.

Cooper was so insulted when he learned he was judged to be worth less than a player whose international career was widely presumed to be over, that he ordered his agent Richard Colreavy to explore what might be on offer in rugby league.

It was only when he realised that rugby league valued him far more highly that he began to take a far harder line in negotiations with the ARU.

He has, as a consequence, been portrayed as money-grubbing, a portrayal Colreavy believes is grossly unfair.

Colreavy last night refused to comment on either the sleeping tablet revelation and the initial "insulting" ARU top-up offer, claiming client confidentiality.

Indeed, he was alarmed that their publication might jeopardise his finely-balanced negotiations with the ARU.

However, he told The Australian there still was a chance of the deal being done before Cooper leaves Sydney this morning with the Wallabies for their two-Test Tri-Nations tour of South Africa.

Whether that deal will be with the ARU or with the Parramatta NRL club remains to be seen but it is believed the Eels are not prepared to hold their offer open until his return from South Africa on September 6, especially since Cooper might not want to settle the matter until after the Bledisloe Cup Test against the All Blacks in Sydney on September 11.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225907485073

vCash
    Sleeping pills are not a crime-inducing drug.

Drinking alcohol on top of taking 'powerful sleeping pills' has the effect of multiplying the effect of the sleeping pills and would have made the bozo so drowsy that he would not have been able to kick down a door.

I think they have released this story because it impicates the ARU for supplying the drug to Quade and want to give the impression that it wasn't really his fault.

It is very convenient that they wont name the medication. A sleeping tablet that causes violent temper outbursts?...really? .....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast