Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bashed France centre Mathieu Bastareaud heads home to Paris

vCash
    Hasn't it happened to everyone? Gotten into a fight with a mate over a call girl?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yes i"m 20 years old and a thick bastard! I thought only mungo players dreamt up shite like this?

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    What an ass.
    That's being polite. He's actually the hole of one.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sounds a little more believable, that's the trouble with bullshit, the truth will always come out eventually.

Bastareaud punched by teammate: media

29th June 2009, 8:15 WST

The French rugby player who claimed he was attacked as he returned to his New Zealand hotel last week may have been punched by a teammate, according to French media.

Mathieu Bastareaud, 20, had said he was set on from behind by up to five men following the second rugby Test between France at the All Blacks in Wellington on June 20, leaving him with a serious eye injury.

But late last week he admitted he had lied about the incident, saying he had drunk too much after France's 14-10 loss to the All Blacks and hit his head on a table back at the hotel.

French newspapers are now reporting that story was also a lie, saying Bastareaud's teammates may have been involved in the incident.

"Drunk and aggressive, Bastareaud was reportedly calmed down by a fist from one of his teammates," the daily Le Parisien reported.

French players Louis Picamoles and Fulgence Ouedraogo were named as being involved in the incident by news agency Agence France Presse.

Both denied the allegation.

An internal investigation by the team said Picamoles and Ouedraogo arrived back at the Holiday Inn in Wellington on June 21 in a taxi with two women.

Bastareaud arrived at the same time in a second taxi.

Wellington police said there was a 25 minute gap between Bastareaud entering the hotel and going to his room, during which it was alleged one of his teammates had punched him.

Picamoles and Bastareaud were among four injured players who flew home from the tour last Monday, while Ouedraogo stayed on to play against the Wallabies.

Bastareaud admitted fabricating the street attack in a statement on the website of his French club team, Stade Francais.

"I was ashamed and panicked and I thought I would be sent packing by the team management," the statement said.

"I told the original story because I thought it would be believed, but given the coverage it has subsequently received I thought it would be better to tell the truth."

Wellington police took credit for Bastareaud's admission, saying their inquiries began to unravel his version of events two days after the claim was made.

Bastareaud had not made a formal complaint but police had committed at least seven detectives to investigating the attack.

Inspector Pete Cowan said police had asked the New Zealand Rugby Football Union to contact their French counterparts to see if Bastareaud might reconsider his story after police found a lack of evidence to support his story.

Bastareaud now faces a French disciplinary commission which could lead to a fine or suspension from the team.

NZPA

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Hasn't it happened to everyone? Gotten into a fight with a mate over a call girl?
    more than once for me, normally because other players wives, daughters and girlfriends can't keep there hands off my hurculean physique and unreal calf muscles.

Last edited by Action Hardcore; 30-06-09 at 14:05. Reason: I like females
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    I assume you're refering to when you played for Midland? They are more your class of lady

vCash
    hey a root you pass up is a root you'll never get mate

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The French rugby player who claimed he was attacked as he returned to his Wellington hotel has attempted suicide, according to reports.

Mathieu Bastareaud, 20, lied that he was set on from behind by up to five men following the second rugby test between France at the All Blacks in Wellington on June 20, leaving him with a serious eye injury.

Police investigated the incident for several days last week, before Bastareaud admitted he lied.

He said he had drunk too much after his France's 14-10 loss to the All Blacks and had hit his head on a table back at the hotel.

French website L'Equipe reported that Bastareaud would have liked to "end his days".

Max Guazzini, president of Bastareaud's club side Stade Francais, told French media the player was now being treated at an unnamed Paris facility due to "severe psychological problems".

Mr Guazzini said Bastareaud was "completely ruined" and needed rest. He would remain under observation for two weeks.

The latest twist in the saga followed reports that Bastareaud's injuries may have actually been caused by a punch from a team-mate.

"Drunk and aggressive, Bastareaud was reportedly calmed down by a fist from one of his team-mates," the daily Le Parisien reported.

Louis Picamoles and Fulgence Ouedraogo were both reported to have been involved in the incident, although both players denied the claims.

An internal investigation by the team said Picamoles and Ouedraogo arrived back at the Holiday Inn at 5.22am on June 21 in a taxi with two women.

Bastareaud arrived at the same time in a second taxi.

Picamoles and Bastareaud were among four injured players who flew home from the tour last Monday, while Ouedraogo stayed on to play against the Wallabies.

Bastareaud admitted fabricating the street attack in a statement on the Stade Francais website.

"I was ashamed and panicked and I thought I would be sent packing by the team management," he said.

"I told the original story because I thought it would be believed, but given the coverage it has subsequently received I thought it would be better to tell the truth."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/2551506...uicide-reports

vCash
    DICK HEAD

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I quite like the phrase, "Calmed down by a fist" though

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Blimey. Bastareud has more issues than AH.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    he tried to commit suicide? poor bugger must be really messed up then. to think thats your only way out...

hopefully his doctors can set him right again. not that he will read this. but there is always something to live for

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2