Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NSW vs QLD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    I am no tahs fan but they are going to kill the reds if the reds play the same as against the Cheetahs. The reds have been playing s#!t There is no structure and no plan, ball skills is 0 and sometimes I wonder if they know which way to run. Thereares one or two guys in the reds side that can get the tanks for the win against the Cheetahs and that is all.
    im not sure whether to laugh at the ignorance or cry at the stupidity....

"no structure or plan", where do i even start on this one, firstly i suggest you watch a replay of the force vs cheetahs match, secondly im going to explain a little about rugby strategy to you. Queenslands game plan(yes they do have one), was decided by weighing up the strenghts and weaknesses of each side. Cheetahs have a massive but immobile pack whilst the Reds have a lighter and more mobile pack, on top of the it was 36 degrees during the match, so what you had was the Reds playing looses football to run the Cheetahs off there feet, they avoided the breakdown becuase this was where the cheetahs had the avantage, as a result they were pushing passes and offloads, when you push passes that little bit to far you have dropped balls..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    LOL this is fun, your sitting on your computer all day reading every single post and memorising queensland statistics, and im about to go to the beach and have fun all day. HAHAHAHA
    Hey Jizz, I was at the beach yesterday - yes thanks, it was lovely.

Memorising Qld statistics? Hardly. Just not falling into the trap of making clueless generalisations like some.

Don't forget the 30+ sunscreen for the back of your neck

vCash
    Benn Robinson is in doubt for NSW, adds to the list of fellow injured props Dunning and Kepu..

Waugh and Freir are also carrying niggling injuries

Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    im up for it, maybe a "berrick to the tahs 2010" sig would be nice!
    to easy, bets on...

if i was you i wouldnt waste to much time trying to think of something witty though, NSW are going to lose

vCash
    The Reds have very smart inside backs and speed to burn out wide. If they get any decent ball, they could put points on. They could be very dangerous on the counter attack. The Reds also have a pretty handy backrow.

The Reds pack have been tradesman-like without being spectacular. They are struggling a little to get good ball and are not advancing the ball over the advantage line with any great skill.

The Tahs have been very solid in defence. Kurtley is a speed bump and the Reds will send plenty of traffic his way. He is a confidence player and if he has to make a lot of tackles and gets bumped around a bit, he might go off the boil with his attack. The Tahs have been very good at scrum time and the lineout has been surprisingly good considering the loss of Vickerman and Rocky. The lineout can be a bit shakey if TPN is throwing. This could be exploited by the Reds.

The Tahs have been building. Although the performances have been a bit rusty, they have been winning, unlike the Reds. The Reds beat the team that will come last in the competition and suddenly, the Reds fans are choking the monkey.

The Tahs defence will be hard to break down. The Tahs will win the set piece exchanges. The Tahs have an edge at scrum time but this might be sacrificed if Robinson is out. The tahs should be too smart to provide counter attack ball on a platter for the Reds. Kurtley's kicking can be a bit suspect at times however. Palu will take the Tahs over the advantage line. The tahs will look to exploit a clear advantage with Rob Horne at 13. His speed and strength will present trouble for the Reds. If the Reds get on the backfoot, they fall apart. The ex leaguie will get a few high balls as well.

Let the festival of hate begin

Tahs in a bruising encounter by 12 points

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You reckoned 15 on the colo...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    'tahs suck arse, Reds will win on principal. Look out for a Beale epic fail, QLD by a drop goal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    The Reds have very smart inside backs and speed to burn out wide. If they get any decent ball, they could put points on. They could be very dangerous on the counter attack. The Reds also have a pretty handy backrow.

The Reds pack have been tradesman-like without being spectacular. They are struggling a little to get good ball and are not advancing the ball over the advantage line with any great skill.

The Tahs have been very solid in defence. Kurtley is a speed bump and the Reds will send plenty of traffic his way. He is a confidence player and if he has to make a lot of tackles and gets bumped around a bit, he might go off the boil with his attack. The Tahs have been very good at scrum time and the lineout has been surprisingly good considering the loss of Vickerman and Rocky. The lineout can be a bit shakey if TPN is throwing. This could be exploited by the Reds.

The Tahs have been building. Although the performances have been a bit rusty, they have been winning, unlike the Reds. The Reds beat the team that will come last in the competition and suddenly, the Reds fans are choking the monkey.

The Tahs defence will be hard to break down. The Tahs will win the set piece exchanges. The Tahs have an edge at scrum time but this might be sacrificed if Robinson is out. The tahs should be too smart to provide counter attack ball on a platter for the Reds. Kurtley's kicking can be a bit suspect at times however. Palu will take the Tahs over the advantage line. The tahs will look to exploit a clear advantage with Rob Horne at 13. His speed and strength will present trouble for the Reds. If the Reds get on the backfoot, they fall apart. The ex leaguie will get a few high balls as well.

Let the festival of hate begin

Point to where they have fallen apart this year. They have played two ver hard opponents in South Africa and performed strongly - no capitulation. Then they thrashed an admittedly weak South African team at home.

As for the Tahs, they were handy against a rusty 'Canes but then looked far from convincing at home against the two weakest NZ teams.

Try to contain your Growden like lust for all things sky blue - they aint really been tested yet and I'm not convinced by them yet.

vCash

I hate to say this but I think you are right

vCash
    You also took the Cheetahs over the Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    You also took the Cheetahs over the Reds
    And only the Cheetahs is to blame for their loss They gave it to the Reds and the Reds almost did not take it

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and the tipper of the round was?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Point to where they have fallen apart this year. They have played two ver hard opponents in South Africa and performed strongly - no capitulation. Then they thrashed an admittedly weak South African team at home.

As for the Tahs, they were handy against a rusty 'Canes but then looked far from convincing at home against the two weakest NZ teams.

Try to contain your Growden like lust for all things sky blue - they aint really been tested yet and I'm not convinced by them yet.
    The Reds were beaten in every facet of what is modern rugby in Pretoria. It is remarkable that they stayed in touch. They came back against a very disappointing Stormers who went to sleep after putting them to bed early. They beat the spooners........I suppose you have to cling to something right?

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    And only the Cheetahs is to blame for their loss They gave it to the Reds and the Reds almost did not take it

Sorry, the tears of laughter in my eyes almost stopped me from reading your insane ramblings.

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your world?

vCash
    The Reds were beaten in every facet of what is modern rugby in Pretoria. It is remarkable that they stayed in touch. They came back against a very disappointing Stormers who went to sleep after putting them to bed early. They beat the spooners........I suppose you have to cling to something right?
    Yep just like the Tahs cling to the delusional belief that they are God's gift to rugby, or that Lote will ever contribute anything positive to your side.

Keep talking it up big fella - that's just the way the Reds like it.

vCash
    the irony in your statement says it all

I will be interested to see who plays at 12 for NSW, a Beale-Tahu combo is quite good for attack, but in terms of defense they are massive liabilities. If it is a Beale-Tahu combo i suspect that there will be traffic run through that channel all day long, expect to see Ioane and Hynes directed through there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast