Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Big Day Out Death

vCash
    ...just say no!....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The most annoying part of the situation is that they had opened up a forum on the radio yesterday and some phenomenally...stupid woman had the gall to blame the sniffer dogs for her death. How on Earth can you blame a dog for a person taking 3 ecstasy pills after most definately having been educated not to take drugs? How can a dog be blamed for a girl be so phenomenally stupid to swallow all 3 pills instead of ditching them or copping the penalty for possession?

Lock up the dealer and send the addict to rehab. The dealer is the one who distributes the drugs to the kids, obviously its their choice to buy but any person who can sell drugs to a kid and still have a conscience deserves to be jailed with the other lovely people in the prison system. Then the manufacturer deserves to road-test his product, the crap that drugs get cut with is insane. Some of those products ie. bleach are enough to kill you let alone all the crap.

I know its sad that she died and yes her family is left to pick up the pieces but when it comes to taking illicit drugs (and in some circumstances licit drugs) I have absolutely no sympathy for what happens to you. If you are stupid enough to ignore all the health warnings, the education campaigns and common sense then its your problem.

The only time I will show empathy is to other innocent bystanders who are injured/killed in which case I have no problems with actually hating a person. I know thats a strong thing to say but when it happens to you/your family there is no forgiveness to people who can do that to others.

Last edited by laura; 04-02-09 at 21:21. Reason: what jehna said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    That must be a distressing thought for a law student
    Not really...i'd rather be out of a job and see the justice system work than deal with poor excuses for human beings who waste time and money by cloggin up the system because they need to find someone to blame for the problems in their lives and their actions instead of hardening up and taking responsibility. The law is way too soft of people because society is too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Obviously this is a sore point with me. We need to harden up and actually put people AWAY, don't break the law it's SIMPLE.

Rant over.
    Agreed in many ways. However, from my limited experience thus far with crims is that in the case of drugs, the users are not the ones we need to be locking up. In fact it is usually worse as it invites them into a world where it is much easier to access drugs. Users need to get into rehab and fast. Not that i'm trying to absolve them of responsibility but the problem is that prioson doesn't stop them from using. On the other hand, dealers (who are far to intelligent to use themselves) need to be locked behind bars with the key thrown away. They are a pathetic excuse for human beings and in many cases can be traced as the cause of many other crimes as they exploit users and force them to turn to other crime to fund their habit. It's bullshit.

In the end though, you're right...don't break the law.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3