Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tahs' amateurville horror

vCash
    the ARU is controlled by nsw old boys though, i dont agree with it either, the clubs in nsw are very powerful in that they all have people affiliated with them in higher positions of power!

the money issue for the ARC is bullcrap, it didnt cause the problem, the main problem was the clubs felt they were going to loose money by the new comp running, they should have just created teams and had people apply to play for them rather than having feeder clubs! the fleet were the prime example of that!

the issues with all of this were discussed quite openly during the super 14 season and there has been calls for the waratahs to have an independent board without club involvement which again the clubs are fighting at the moment!

the whole ARC comp was hastily put together though, i have no doubt if they had waited a year or so it could have been a success!

it just goes to show how great a team the Waratahs are though that even when there is so may politics and dramas surrounding them they still made the final!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and LOST.

vCash
    like the force lost to the Tahs?

vCash
    nobody remembers who came 2nd ....

nsw clubs say jump, ARU says 'how high?' ... it's holding rugby in australia back from taking over.

vCash
    i agree with that! the board cause so much disruption to the Tahs, unfortunate thing is, it would be hard to get a board or leadership of any sort that has a rugby background and understands the issues but doesnt have some bias or agenda to push or punish certain teams!

maybe we should get someone form europe for the ceo position so they can make the bussiness decisions!

vCash
    maybe you like need a chick for the job
    we will make all the rite decishons

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe you could ask Peter O'Meara. Not sure if he has a new job yet.

vCash
    John O'neil needs a handler, thats all i know!

vCash
    I could handle him

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hv6Wi0tN6k[/YOUTUBE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i agree with that! the board cause so much disruption to the Tahs, unfortunate thing is, it would be hard to get a board or leadership of any sort that has a rugby background and understands the issues but doesnt have some bias or agenda to push or punish certain teams!
    the ARU is controlled by nsw old boys though, i dont agree with it either, the clubs in nsw are very powerful in that they all have people affiliated with them in higher positions of power!
    the rumours int he article are pure bullcrap!
    the article itself illustrates why nswru gets into trouble and that is because the club scene (still run by the old boys club!) pushes there own agendas and loyalties over whats good for the game! people have called for an independent board to stamp out such problems but there is alot of back room politics preventing this from happening!

but for a team to be branded racist is virtually impossible in nsw club rugby as i havnt seen in a club in a few years without a mix of polynesian, australian and european players running around for them! for a team to celebrate the fact that there fans are racist would be one of the worst things i have heard in a long time!
    So what I hear you saying is that the NSW club system doesn't have a racism problem?

I'd suggest you're wrong mate, and that wasn't the point of the article. I'd reckon there are racist supporters sprinkled sparsely through the clubs, because clubs draw from the fabric of our society and racists exist in our society. I've never heard anything at a club match I've attended either but I wold stop shot of saying it doesn't exist because I haven't seen it.

In any case the article was about a certain club which has a group of supporters (I think it was supporters) who make racist comments and the inaction allegedly taken by the club and the union, now if that's the case, there's a problem, and sitting here saying "I've never heard it but it's a small group and I hope they get banned for life" is not going to help very much. If the board aren't acting, they deserve that part of the article.

As for the rest of it, yes.....it's a bit of a muckrake, I've only got two things to say about it.
    1 I kept on hearing from you guys during quokkagate and the demise of Firepower where there's smoke there's fire and it's the fault of the administration, so.....back at ya, surely the NSWRU should have investigated Visy's business dealings and been aware of whatever the hell they're accused of....which of course they're guilty of because it's been reported in the SMH. along with the age old this is all happening because your team sucks.....don't blame me, just returning serve from January!

2 If the SMH are running a story like this either the is so squeaky clean at the moment there's not even a shadow of a bad news story in the whole place (if that's the case great) or the SMH are beginning to redress the imbalance which has been prevalent as shown by the fact that the beginning of the year saw repeated, persistent muckrakes directed at the whilst this was all brewing.(if that's the case great)

Either way, while they're kicking the sky blue in the guts, they're not kicking us. I prefer us not getting kicked!

C'mon the

vCash
    agree with you,

i didnt say racism doesnt exist, just that its not the whole club thats racist, if someone is a victim of racism then by the nsw club rules it can only go to a tribunal hearing if a formal complaint is made! so therefore if supporters are being racist someone needs to make a complaint, agree totally if the club knows about it then they should do something about it, sorry if i didnt make that clear, i dont agree with it at all!

i dont have a problem with anyone bashing the Tahs, i give you guys crap, you give it back, we support different teams wouldnt have it any other way!

with visy though, it doesnt affect our sponsorship at all, the reason Firepower was such a big deal is that you signed four or five players based on third party agreements with them, those players might not have gone to the force without that money! i dont think Visy is actually paying for anyone to be at the Tahs!

it would be good if the SMH didnt kick anyone in the guts and instead promoted the game but as long as news limited is involved thats not going to happen!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I like your points GIGS20 as the NSWRU and the Waratahs should have used the comb with the little teeth to do the looking before.

vCash
    i dont think you can actualy fault the waratahs for the visy thing when you used a sponsor that didnt even have a bussiness plan of its own to recruit players!

vCash
    this is on topic!

Apprentice
    vCash
    What is topic.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast