Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coach Robbie Deans has no intention of resting players despite a risk of burn-out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    18 months ago, mate
    I think he has mentally blocked all of last year out, for obvious reasons.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Nov 2006 was the last time we played ireland

and yes what a 2007 the tahs had ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    Nov 2006 was the last time we played ireland
    true story, I hadn't looked that up - just thought I'd remembered it from an article I read last week. sorry bout that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    we won right, against a team who we lost to six months ago
    That's right, we won against a team twice as far from the top of the world rankings as us, we lost to them 18 months ago, they didn't exit the pools in the World Cup and sucked like an industrial strength hoover in the six nations......we used 11 Waratahs out of 15 players in both teams.....Boys and girls can anybody identify causality?......the large man in the back wearing ocean blue? do you have your hand up?

Last edited by GIGS20; 17-06-08 at 22:55. Reason: should read the rest of the thread before I reply
    C'mon the

vCash
    England at the RWC were crap, but with the Munster victory, new coaching and some fresh blood that are a vastly improved team to that which we played at the RWC.

I dont think Aus went to bad considering that the players had to adjust the rules again, play against a pack which has being playing together for a while and are pretty good , get used to new coaching philosophies and new defensive patterns.

vCash
    Good start by Moses there, but he failed miserably. HTFU Mosebag, it should be simple on Force forum and you are making it hard. Dude, don't let me down.

Surely we could rest the front row though. They look tired....

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm talking about the key players, you know the ones who made up 11 of the 21 to play on Saturday?
    Those 11 Waratahs include three utterly useless front rowers, two backrowers that didn't really cut the mustard and one that got about 5 minutes game time. And another handful that did bugger all.

In fact the only 2 guys that didn't flatter to deceive were Burgess and Tuqiri.

Besides we did better against a better Irish side in Perth (you know that place where all the quality players play now) in 2006. That Irish side had two much closer loses to NZ and hadn't just monumentally flopped out of a World Cup. Plus that team had far less Waratahs. Perth + Less Waratahs = Better Performance.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    At the risk of letting some facts cloud your story...
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That's right, we won against a team twice as far from the top of the world rankings as us, we lost to them 18 months ago, they didn't [sic] exit the pools in the World Cup and
    To the detriment of their rugby, the Irish board opted for a cash settlement (which still sounds like a bribe to me) instead of home games like the Welsh and Scotish in exchange for their votes for the French to 'host' the tournament. They then lost to France in France and to Argentina in Frane (home to half the Argies), and became a casulty of the 'pool of death' at the RWC.

I've ranted previously on the stupidity of doubling all ranking point exchanges during the RWC, and the effects of this really showed on the Irish. Their hard work over 4 years achieving a realistic ranking of 5th place was eroded firstly through their loss to the (then) lowly ranked Argies, followed up by their absense from ranking point bonanza that business end of the tournament became
    Code:
    1/10 78.5  (7)
    24/9 79.49 (6)
    17/9 80.99 (6)
    10/9 80.99 (6)
    03/9 80.99 (5)
    27/8 80.99 (5)
    sucked like an industrial strength hoover in the six nations......
    I didn't watch 6N, however looking at the results they're about what I'd expect from Ireland. Perhaps they could have beaten the Italians by more in Dublin, and lost by less to the English in London, but it doesn't look overly disastrous.
    Despite their industrial strength sucking, their ranking only dropped marginally from 78.5 to 77.18 during the tournament. Their drop from 7th place to 8th place was more due to a resurgent Wales than a falling Irish.
    we used 11 Waratahs out of 15 players in both teams.....Boys and girls can anybody identify causality?......the large man in the back wearing ocean blue? do you have your hand up?
    I've lost you here - there were 11 Waratahs out of the 21 used on Saturday, and we won. Is there a point disguised in there somewhere?

The Irish have 7 Munster forwards who are fresh from winning the forward play dominated Heineken Cup on a display of forward dominance.
    As a team the Irish have a new Coach, had been playing consistant law interpretations, and came within 9 minutes of upsetting the All Blacks the previous week.

In conclusion, I'd give the Irish a lot more credit than you have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Good start by Moses there, but he failed miserably. HTFU Mosebag, it should be simple on Force forum and you are making it hard. Dude, don't let me down.
    Sorry chook, hadn't seen the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    England at the RWC were crap, but with the Munster victory, new coaching and some fresh blood that are a vastly improved team to that which we played at the RWC.

I dont think Aus went to bad considering that the players had to adjust the rules again, play against a pack which has being playing together for a while and are pretty good , get used to new coaching philosophies and new defensive patterns.
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Those 11 Waratahs include three utterly useless front rowers, two backrowers that didn't really cut the mustard and one that got about 5 minutes game time. And another handful that did bugger all.

In fact the only 2 guys that didn't flatter to deceive were Burgess and Tuqiri.

Besides we did better against a better Irish side in Perth (you know that place where all the quality players play now) in 2006. That Irish side had two much closer loses to NZ and hadn't just monumentally flopped out of a World Cup. Plus that team had far less Waratahs. Perth + Less Waratahs = Better Performance.
    Waugh did more in 5 minutes that Smith did in 75. Swappies next week.

Dunning didn't have the greatest game though BaxTAH was not bad and Freier more than useful.

vCash
    I agree, Waugh was more productive than Smith, as soon as he came on, took an a hell of a tackle!! He looked worn out after the match hahaha

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Unless you rate a flankers work by their backline play and the quality of their chip kicks, Smith is miles ahead there.

vCash
    I'd use attack as a point of interest in a backrower's play yes....Unless I was a Waratah, who everybody knows don't think attacking rugby is in vogue.

Defence DOES win matches, don't misquote me there, but without ANY attack whatsoever you can't win!

In short, there has to be a balance. Simply making big tackles and competing at the breakdown for 80 minutes only makes the scoreline lower, it doesn't help you win!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    BaxTAH was not bad
    BaxTAH was shit. As soon as he came on the scrum collapsed and turned into a total joke not just a weaker area.

Super14 teams aside, if these are the best props Australia can produce we're in trouble.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    FT, We're in trouble.

Waugh looks good with 5 minutes to go in a Int. match. Lets test him with a bit moretime.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast