Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What went wrong

Senior Player
    vCash
    The grubber or chip kick is used with devastating effect by some Kiwi teams, especially the Crusaders and HAS to be considered as an option occasionally, especially with a rushing defence. It beats our predictable 'one out' stuff. Though more pick-and-drives WITH SUPPORT would also be good.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
    hey nearthetop how can you say the force are still developing (what a load of crap) they have half a dozen wallabies in the team. Your comment about chiselhead, quality not quantity if i wanted to read crap all day i would read happy`s and inforcers posts.
    what does everyone expect? its our 3rd year in we should have won the s14 by now? yeah we got 6 wallabies. that leaves 27 other players in the squad who aren't. lets be a bit more realistic eh. takiari, pek, aj and hockings would struggle to put 25 caps together between them, o'youngs still a second choice scrumhalf IMHO. mckay's played 3 games in three years. pococks not quite there yet. the backline reshuffle has hurt more than its helped considering the game plan revolved around having playmakers at 10 and 12 ( sorry spanner fans ) sheps been patchy for a while ...... as for chisel im wondering what his motivation is, a mate of yours perhaps? ..... the tough draw is taking its toll also

Quote Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
    hey nearthetop how can you say the force are still developing (what a load of crap) they have half a dozen wallabies in the team. Your comment about chiselhead, quality not quantity if i wanted to read crap all day i would read happy`s and inforcers posts.
    and just because i choose not to join the ' we know where the force are going wrong, we need to fix this and that and the seasons falling in a heap ' bandwagon, it doesnt mean im not shitty about the way thing have panned out. the boys will be hurting just as bad for letting down us, the fans as we are after watching the game. i dont agree with bashing my team of choice when they lose , so i dont do it, feel free to kick em while their down all you want

in all seriousness, with the player turnover we've had while trying to blood 18 and 19 year olds and having one of the most inexperienced tight fives going around, is 2 and a bit seasons in one of the most cut-throat comps on the rugby planet long enough to develop an all conquering rugby team? the winning culture we crave?

Last edited by Jehna; 20-04-08 at 13:46.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    chiselhead, been a member since 06 but only 75 posts. joining in putting the boot in eh. wheres the posting when the force win or is shooting fish in a barrel your only style
    Trouble with your shoelaces again?

chiselhead, been a member since 06 but only 75 posts. joining in putting the boot in eh. wheres the posting when the force win or is shooting fish in a barrel your only style
    I fly the flag where others fear to tread. Nobody is more parochial than me old sport

Last edited by Jehna; 20-04-08 at 13:48.

vCash
    Just a side point - at this point of the comp, the only two team to have played every week is the force and the bulls. Both teams are struggling. Both teams have two home games and an away game. The bulls were last years champs. Another angle, this week, both the Crusaders and the Sharks went down. Both are at the top of the table. The Sharks have two home games to finish, and the Crusaders three. Both had byes halfway through the season. As did the Tahs.
    My point - this was a horror draw for the Force. We are on the off year for home games (some might say this is a good thing). Our home games were grouped together. We had to play the SA tour off the bat. Now lets be honest. Being in 9th after this round (we wont fall any further behind at present) is not great. But it reflects the horror draw, the injury toll we carry and the fact we are still developing. Despite the terrible performance on Fri night, we still saw glimpses of brilliance. I was gutted - no doubt. But what we need now is to use the remaining games this year to get our new talent to a stage where they can be at top form next year. We need to remind our stars that we appreciate their efforts, but we expect that from them. Is it too much to ask? Well thats for the coach to sort. Let's see the team in two weeks time to determine where we are for 08, and where we will be in 09. Aside from anything else, at least the Wobblies might be back this year!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Why not have week 7 or 8 as the bye for everyone. That would even it up for all the teams. It seems the teams who have the early or late bye suffer.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Our bye is in week 7 next year and week 4 the year after.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    unfortunatley Chisels posting style isnt always PC & sometimes attracts the wrath of the mods
    to see Chisels more serious posting style I suggest you visit the Colosseum

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    unfortunatley Chisels posting style isnt always PC & sometimes attracts the wrath of the mods
    to see Chisels more serious posting style I suggest you visit the Colosseum
    I thought was was why Chis was over here....the Colosseum mob being most unkind to poor old Chis....so he thought he would get back amongst friends for a while..

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I thought was was why Chis was over here....the Colosseum mob being most unkind to poor old Chis....so he thought he would get back amongst friends for a while..
    he's the "Kamal"of the Colo at the moment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    he's the "Kamal"of the Colo at the moment
    Why is the whole force so unkind?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    awww...group hug for Chis....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    awww...group hug for Chis....

Perhaps you missed the naked arse waving in your face?

vCash
    Perhaps you missed the sarcasm?

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Perhaps you missed the sarcasm?
    Perhaps you missed out on a frontal lobe?

vCash
    I commend you on the eloquence and relevance of your response.

Posted via space

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast