Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 3000th Post

vCash

3000th Post

3000 posts?!? Oh lordy lordy lordy I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

Forgive me for being a bit of a sap but this site really does mean the world to me and everyone on it has played their own role in making it as special as it is today.
    I can honestly say that without TWF, my life would no doubt be completely different to what it is today.

Firstly I probably would have studied more at uni and received better results, and I would have heaps of spare time and so could have taken up rockclimbing or something but I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Secondly if I hadn’t have joined TWF I wouldn’t have met the famous Sagerian and wouldn’t have learned all that I know know about adult relationships and I wouldn’t have moved to Sydney (briefly) and I wouldn’t have realised how much I love living in Perth and being around all you lovely people!

Thirdly if I had never had joined TWF I wouldn’t have been given the opportunity to work at the superstore which gives me endless joy and I still find myself grinning like the cat that got the cream when I’m standing behind the counter. It's such a blessing to look forward to going to work every day. Thanks again Seane and Helen!

But most importantly (forgive me for getting sappy), if I hadn’t have joined TWF I wouldn’t have met some of the most wonderful people I know. From drinks and pre match lunches at JB’s to quiz nights to having people to go to games with to d&m’s on msn and pm’s, you guys have been there and I couldn’t pick a better group of people to enjoy rugby with. Always such a pleasure to spend my time with you guys and I can’t wait to spend many more alcohol fuelled hours at JB’s in 2008!

It all started back in June 2006 when I was googling the Cam Shepherd jumping on cars incident when I stumbled upon a little supporters site called TWF. I tell you, I couldn't sign up fast enough! Then I couldn't post fast enough and I had a daily post count that rivalled that of Burgs for a few months. Then Uni started again. *shakes fist*. But I'm still here, posting lots of crap and sometimes it's even rugby related. Mostly it's just in the word association thread.

Some of my fondest TWF memories:

The time Fulvio mistook a dark haired girl (called Jess as well...spooky) at a game at Pally for me, had a chat to her and told her he expected a full match report on TWF the next day, then came on TWF telling OMC he shouldn’t let me out at Pally on my own only to find out it wasn’t me at all. He’d spoken to a poor random girl who clearly had no idea what he was talking about but was too polite to tell him. Bless you FS. Made my day.

Frontrow giving Dad the nickname OMC. Priceless.

The time I tripped over walking into JB’s for dinner with my family when my heels got stuck in the door mat and got a round of applause from a few gentlemen watching the state of origin, only to discover months later, when I joined TWF that it was the INNforcers who remembered my spectacular entrance! Still get a hard time about that when I’m at JB’s with the boys. They got rid of the mat for a while but I see it’s made an unfortunate comeback. Flats for me from now on!

Getting to share the first Force home win with Coach and Gerry who sat near me at the games. Will miss sitting near you Coach. At least I still have the very lovely Gerry and Josie.

Being partly responsible for the ladies lounge becoming pink. Started a ‘taking it back for the ladies’ campaign a while back.

The TWF quiz night! Happy’s impossible questions, the tension, the competition... oh what a night. Disappointed with my table’s 3rd place effort but I’ll round up WA’s finest intelligentsia for the rematch. Watch this space.

The now famous ‘Happy’s ladies jacket’ incident. I’m so sorry Happy!

TWF chat nights. OMC and SMC (coach knows what that stands for ) always enjoy watching me sit in the lounge room with my laptop on Wednesday nights, smiling at the screen.

Being on the same site as my boss so that when I do something embarrassing at work, it’s been posted by the time I get home.

The time we handed out all those glow sticks at one of the home games. I love glow sticks!

The TLH appreciation thread.

Almost sending myself into a steak induced coma when I tried a Matt Special at JB’s before the reds game last year. Then somehow being convinced that getting a sticky date pudding would be a good idea and when I finally felt like eating it, Happy snatched the plate away and ate the rest in one big mouthful. You bugger. Hehe. I felt so ill for the entirety of the reds game. No more Matt Specials for me!

The end of season drinks we had at the bowls club last year. That was really tops.

FT's crazy posts. I swear you must spend so much time on google images looking for craziness.. but bless you for it. Makes me laugh!

Watching my little Matty (Beav) who I told to join the site, turn from a trouble making little bugger to a well mannered, top notch contributing young man. Who is now taller than me so if I don't say nice things I'm in trouble. hehe. Got lots of love for the beav.

Anyways there are so many more but I’m sure everyone has stopped reading by now so I’ll try wrap things up. I just want to say a huge thank you to Coach for creating this site and in one way or another, changing all of our lives, mostly for the better. It’s been quite a ride, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes ugly but mostly it’s been nothing but brilliant. I’m proud as punch to be a member of TWF and thank you to everyone for being part of my Force supporting journey.

Looking forward to another year with you all and can't wait to tour with a few of you in April. Watch out Queensland!

Love to all!

xoxo

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Congratulations Jess, 3000 great posts

Here's to many more :

vCash
    wow.....well done jess it was a very nice read.

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Good stuff Jess..again..

vCash
    Enjoy and enjoyed !

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well done Jess....glad you are along for the ride.

vCash
    3000 not out! well done jess.......

vCash
    congratz jess.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Good on ya Jess

Just worked out if you do about 27 posts a day you should be the highest poster when Burgs gets back

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Well done Jess, it is a great milestone to reach...You will have more than me real soon...I remember meeting Old man cringle at the quiz night and letting him know his title was a product of mine, we had a good laugh...Anyhow, have fun reaching 4000...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Congrats Jess. You've put plenty into TWF. Glad you've got so much out of it too.

Do you think you (or anyone) will manage to take Burgs' crown before he gets back? I'd lay odds he'll still be the most prolific a year on.

vCash
    Sap! You won't find any of that emotional crap when I reach 3K Jess...........congrats by the way!

C'mon the

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Only 2 misdemeanors, introducing that cheeky little bugger Beav to the site and creating the TLH thread which i receive grief from the usual site suspects at every opportunity. Apart from that your achievement

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Send SMC my best Congrats Jess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Got lots of love for the beav.
    Now there's a quote that might be enduring......and can be used in a variety of different contexts. Well, a couple anyway

Onya Jess!

Oh, and congrats on the 3,000!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast