Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force Reds Game Day

vCash
    This was from GEL Phil Hardcastle on GAGR and I think he must be a strange Reds Supporter or he is EX Force read and have a laff

In last night's presser, Richard Graham believes that the referee had a big impact. He stated that we did not get the rub of the green and that the Force were allowed to infringe at the rucks and that was a big reason we lost.

I can't believe that he honestly thinks this way.

No referee this year has forced the players to pass into touch, pass forward, knock on, miss tackles, align poorly defensively, kick out on the full when you can't, not kick out on the full when you can, go off the feet at the ruck, be offside, loiter at the back of the rucks, passively defend our own rucks, not attack their rucks, not follow the play, walk around with hand son hips whilst the game is going on, not support players who have made a break, not cover defend, not field high balls, not chase our own kicks, not run back to cover on their kicks, get held up over the try line, drop the ball over the try line, lose the ball in contact, pass directly to the opposition in clear space, stand around whilst the opposition take a quick tap and score a try.

These are all things that have materialized repeatedly throughout the year - not just one off incidents. I watch a lot of super rugby and no other team has ALL of these faults so constantly on display.

How we are not at the bottom of the table is beyond me, because our skill set is unbelievably poor. The Cheetahs and the Lions regularly put multiple phases together in some form of coherent play - which is more than can be said for us.

None of the above has anything to do with the referee and has everything to do with the reds players themselves. If it were one or two shit players that were the problem, then it could be argued that it is a player side issue - but this is *all* the players throughout the squad, most of whom have been good enough to represent their country multiple times over the years that are incapable of the very, very, very *very* basic. That suggests a massive issue with the coaching staff, as it is a systemic problem.

Later in the presser, Richard states that it is his job to get "these guys" (the reds) to win. I would contend that Richard Graham, based on his own job description and performance criteria, is in fact unbelievably bad at his job and should actually be pretty ashamed of himself for ever thinking that he could be a head coach. Any reasonably sane person would know deep down whether they were out of their depth or not, and surely he knows this when it is so plainly obvious.

Stick to being one of the support coaches roles, Richard, you are unconsciously incompetent at head coaching roles and have no business drawing a salary in that role.

Richard provides nothing positive to the reds group and, in fact, detracts greatly from them.

He should leave.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tonkar; 06-07-14 at 17:53.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Just had a read.... very disappointing.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/com...5th-july.14463
    what page, so i dont have to sort through all the shit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    what page, so i dont have to sort through all the shit?
    Last couple of pages when I had a look (I think)

vCash
    yeah I found it.
    wonder if he found his dummy. pretty disappointing

vCash
    Hey Basha69
    Why the Negative to a post written by a reds supporter... If you feel that the post was incorrect explain why.. I thought it was a great account of the Reds season and why the reds are in the Position they are in.....

vCash
    No referee this year has forced the players to pass into touch, pass forward, knock on, miss tackles, align poorly defensively, kick out on the full when you can't, not kick out on the full when you can, go off the feet at the ruck, be offside, loiter at the back of the rucks, passively defend our own rucks, not attack their rucks, not follow the play, walk around with hand son hips whilst the game is going on, not support players who have made a break, not cover defend, not field high balls, not chase our own kicks, not run back to cover on their kicks, get held up over the try line, drop the ball over the try line, lose the ball in contact, pass directly to the opposition in clear space, stand around whilst the opposition take a quick tap and score a try.
    Yeah, but apart from that they have had a bit of a rough deal, right?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Hi Tonkar, I think it's a great account of the Reds season. I red thumbed it because of the last few lines saying that Dick should leave. QRU head hunted him and he's finally been found out, they should at least suffer the fool till his contract expires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yeah, but apart from that they have had a bit of a rough deal, right?
    I can't see how they had a rough deal they chose the coach now deal with it.. Also it is not just the coach as I have mentioned b4 there leader is the worst Captain I have ever seen in super rugby and they say they have a culture and great leaders...

Sorry to bag the reds but for them to get back on top they need a major revamp...

vCash
    Apologies if someone has already posted this, but here is the post-game presser with Graham and Horwill.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...ce=twitterfeed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I can't see how they had a rough deal they chose the coach now deal with it.. Also it is not just the coach as I have mentioned b4 there leader is the worst Captain I have ever seen in super rugby and they say they have a culture and great leaders...

Sorry to bag the reds but for them to get back on top they need a major revamp...
    Sorry. I'll try that again....
    Yeah. But apart from that they had a rough deal, right?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hey Basha69
    Why the Negative to a post written by a reds supporter... If you feel that the post was incorrect explain why.. I thought it was a great account of the Reds season and why the reds are in the Position they are in.....
    I actually remember saying many of the same things two years ago.

It's interesting that the only thing that made Qld into a force (pardon the pun) in rugby was Ewen McKenzie (and let's not forget, he was sacked as coach of the Tahs)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I actually remember saying many of the same things two years ago.

It's interesting that the only thing that made Qld into a force (pardon the pun) in rugby was Ewen McKenzie (and let's not forget, he was sacked as coach of the Tahs)
    And then took them to the grand final.
    They also sacked foles.
    Will be interesting to see what they do to cheik. Esp seeing as he burnt his bridges with RWA on the way to the tahs.
    IMO the other clubs were watching that unfold very closely. Shows the measure of the man that he uses his leverage in such a public manner

vCash
    Not sure what you are getting at re Cheika jono. Seems to be the type of bloke who would've brooked no political interference from day one. And and would have clearly said so before taking the job. Good on him that's what's been needed for over a decade. He has them playing the best game I can remember in more than that decade. I wish them well. You can despise an organisation but still admire a good team

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at re Cheika jono. Seems to be the type of bloke who would've brooked no political interference from day one. And and would have clearly said so before taking the job. Good on him that's what's been needed for over a decade. He has them playing the best game I can remember in more than that decade. I wish them well. You can despise an organisation but still admire a good team
    Sorry, my point was if/when the tahs stop playing well.
    Obviously from the force's results this season foles isn't a shit coach.
    Ewen took the reds to the title against the saders. Last final the tahs were in was against the saders and they lost - same coach for reds & tahs I know though.

If cheik's tahs start losing games, will the NSWRU dump him the same way they have established that they are more than happy to do?

vCash
    And then took them to the grand final.
    They also sacked foles.
    Thank you for noticing the point I was making

Sorry, my point was if/when the tahs stop playing well.
    I don't think that's going to happen unless the board start running Cheika around and making him meet unrealistic and counter productive targets.

Both Foley and McKenzie were hamstrung at the Tahs and had support at their next club. mcKenzie had (arguably) a better list to work with (but 2010 Quade Cooper was no world beater, let's remember) but both have gone on to success.

I've said for a long time that the tahs have the best list in world rugby, that's why I hate them, because Aussie rugby is meant to have a salary cap!

C'mon the

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast