Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: where did it all go so so wrong?

vCash
    and i barracked for the side i care the most about out of any team
    Thats the point if you care the most about them you should always support them. The problem that soem people have is that (not this game) previous games you kept switching between who is winning and not going for the team that meant the most to you. Like last week, you went for Wallabies and the game before New Zealand. Just pick a team and stick with them, thats all we're trying to say.
    Be passionate as you like, but just for 1 team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just remember your audience Lara...

This is a site of dedicated and devoted rugby supporters who have a team that they love and support no matter how they're playing.

If you were on any other site and you were switching sides and stuff i'm sure that would be ok.

But you're frustrating the wallabies AND springbok supporters because you don't show any level of devotion or committment. To only go for the team you think is going to win is not being a supporter.

It's not acting like someone who loves rugby and loves their team.

It's just acting like someone who likes to be seen to support the winning team, whoever that might be.

We know you're young and you've got a lot to learn but please, remember your audience.

Either pick a side and go for them, or don't comment on any games between South Africa and Australia.

You can choose to ignore our advice of course, but I would suggest you try and take some of it on board.

Us older folk know a thing or two about supporting our country.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Us older folk know a thing or two about supporting our country.
    Yes grandma jess

vCash
    I said oldER... not old...

Thought i'd covered myself there.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    I can see where Lara is coming from and everyone else as well.
    As some of you know, i have dual New Zealand- Australian citizenship and i am not prepared to dismiss my support of one country for the other, as both are a part of my life and heritage and i am proud of that fact.
    Up until i was about 15, i staunchly supported NZ against Australia...until i realised that i should also be proud of being born and bred in Australia...and since then i have supported both teams equally. Now when they play each other, i simply sit back and enjoy a good game...yes it does seem a bit of a cop out that i "win" either way, but i'm simply proud of both my countries

vCash
    well
    i was born in new zealand (have a NZ citizenship and passport), families from south africa(have a south african passport) and we live here(australian passport and citizenship)
    so it does get kinda hard somethimes

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Boks turned up to play and were commited 100%, just like Marto said the Wallabies had the "how easy was that?" attitude coming into the game after the previous test in Durbs. Wallabies were shocking, boks were outstanding hence the scoreline. AAC was out of position all day; but the wings needed to give more support especially playing at altitude, the boks had us turning around all day. Breakdown is always so important and we were just not present. Passing from Cords was shocking.

They need to regather and look towards the next test...

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    well
    i was born in new zealand (have a NZ citizenship and passport), families from south africa(have a south african passport) and we live here(australian passport and citizenship)
    so it does get kinda hard somethimes
    Granted you have reasons to go for the 3 differant nations, but the fact that you chop and change willy nilly diminishes your support.

I believe Jess's parents are english, one of my grandfathers are scottish, Laura your mum is English as well, and i'm certain that when Australia plays either country we are happy when Australia absolutly whomps them.

Even domesticly, i'm from New South Wales and follow the Force with my heart, I did not even hesitate to follow the Force.

It isn't that hard
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    i have scottish, welsh, canadian and irish ancestry and i have no troubles supporting the Wallabies. Lara, i will encourage you to support any team you want, as long as it is genuine. no one hates you just need to keep your heart with one team. ofcourse you can change, but keep it a permanent one.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    sorry to change the subject but does germany have a rugby team??

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Yes, they are ranked 25th in the world.
    There are 95 countries represented with NZ first and Finland last.
    See here International Rugby Board - World Rankings: Full world rankings for the full list of all the National teams' rankings.

vCash
    ive had a british, saffa and australian passport all at the same time
    mums a pom, supports them or the boks or the wallabies, depending on her mood. drives me CRAZY when she wears her fiji jumper though..
    my dad is a diehard wallaby fan. his family had been in south africa for four generations, but the first thing he did when he got off the plane was buy a wallabies jumper. the only time ive ever seen him cry is after we lost a rugby game when i was little hehe. he dropped the sharks, his s14 team of 40 years, to support the brumbies, and he never saw a game of their until the force came along.
    i danced between the three for a while, teasing my dad something shocking, but in the 2003 final i was giving my poor father a hard time and shouting for the poms with my mum (i was very young and nieve, do not hold it against me) but when we lost, i was genuinly upset, and i think thats when i became a wallabies supporter.

its not really hard to choose, for me its where my home is. when i called myself a saffa, i supporter the boks. now im an australian who was sick in the head for 10 or 11 years of her life

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    NTT was right all along, leave lara alone, she can do whatever she wants, she doesn't need you guys preaching no matter how much you disagree.

vCash
    Lads and lasses,

I think it is time we all bury the hatchet and not in each other’s backs. I understand some of us have conflicting emotions when it comes to heritage and which nation side to follow. I am a classic example I follow the Welsh out of respect for my late father. As your family did, mine decided that there would be a better life for them here in Australia. It doesn’t matter if they did it to escape war, crime, unemployment or Tahman It is this love that should guide you if you have doubts. Just as I will on the 29th of November when the red jersey goes back into the draws and I don the Wallabies jumper to celebrate the greatest decisions our families have made. After all it is family and up bringing that dictates loyalty and allegiances and there is nothing wrong with supporting your ancestral home when they are playing a foreign foe, as I do for the six nations.

Last edited by Badger; 31-08-08 at 19:08.
    War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    as far as I can tell, it all went wrong because Lara chooses to cheer on different teams from time to time? Leave the poor girl alone - she's a Force supporter - and if the poll on the front page is anything to go by, only 55.11% of us [Force supporters] are also wallabies supporters.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast