Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Extinction? The West at its best...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    THat sounds like jargs... in that messup comment....
    that sounds like an admission of guilt

Quote Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
    most people aren't interested in renewing membership because of Subiaco.
    Hardly a news flash

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Next time you go to the SFS don't take the tunnel, Rex. Drive over the bridge and have a look under there. You'll likely find one.
    I thought Rabbits live under that bridge

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...26-421,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 25-04-09 at 11:00.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Trolls come from Norway Shasta

All you'll find hanging under the harbour bridge in Sydney is Tah supporters after the wheels of another season has come off

Maybe they do. But a couple of good sauces told me that there's one under the coat hanger. Maybe he's just lost his way. He'll probably get a kick out of all those high strung Tahs.

Quote Originally Posted by jargan
    I thought Rabbits live under that bridge
    Yeah, I saw that too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    So, the government needs to dig us out of the financial pooh our board and administrators have got us into. O'Meara caused all this mess - if he hadn't been here we probably would have been in a 22,000 seat stadium at Members Equity like we were supposed to but nooooooo, he and the Board took us to Scabiaco to make the most of the corporate members then argued with that taskforce mob for an even bigger stadium which was totally unrealistic - especially when you look at the interstate teams performance over time.

I'm worried that in a move to Members Equity they'll continue to care more about them than the average member who really do all the hard supporting and that the cost to be a member will be too high.

I read in the paper that footy don't spend enough money on Subi and that is clear from the quality / quantity of facility so who is going to make sure that does not get repeated at Members Equity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RectangoMan View Post

I read in the paper that footy don't spend enough money on Subi and that is clear from the quality / quantity of facility so who is going to make sure that does not get repeated at Members Equity
    http://www.weneedcorners.com

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Who needs the government to dig us out of the poo.

ARU have done it for NSWRU a couple of times for bigger debts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
    Oh yes i'm jealous of spending my nights out at the Paramount...I love paying huge amounts for shit coffee and food. I'm jealous of all the fat stupid girls in hickville. more to life than going to some beach or taking a bikeride in kings park.
    Pretty rich from someone currently in London, the town where every expat without any kind of imagination and individual thought goes to get a 'taste of Europe'.

Oh, and its dead cheap too and girls in London are perfect examples of feminine class right?

Don't speak to me about Perth, I have spent time in London and know how much of a shithole it is.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah Weebie's a knob. Perth pisses all over London. I don't know/care where Weebie is from but it figures. People who spend their whole lives in cities don't really understand what 'real' Australia is like. Sydney Shmydney.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I love trolls. Am I allowed to cut loose?
    I for one would be disappointed if you didn't cut loose! GO REX! Smother them in controversy!

---------- Post added at 02:47 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RectangoMan View Post
    So, the government needs to dig us out of the financial pooh our board and administrators have got us into. O'Meara caused all this mess - if he hadn't been here we probably would have been in a 22,000 seat stadium at Members Equity like we were supposed to but nooooooo, he and the Board took us to Scabiaco to make the most of the corporate members then argued with that taskforce mob for an even bigger stadium which was totally unrealistic - especially when you look at the interstate teams performance over time.
    I don't think MES could even be considered early on in the piece, on account of lacking certain essential infrastructure for foxtel; (was it to do wiring? lighting? scoreboard?)

vCash
    all of the above?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Weebie and Muddy, you are dead right.

The Force are finished and its about time some honesty was added to the equation.

Years of denials about dodgy deals, board members covering for a crook of a former CEO have got to stop.

The conduct of the Force has been embarressing in the last few years. They've done their best to buy success but thay aint work, so the game is over and its time to go back to basics.
    lol, sounds like a normal day at the NSW RU to me..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    I for one would be disappointed if you didn't cut loose! GO REX! Smother them in controversy!

---------- Post added at 02:47 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

I don't think MES could even be considered early on in the piece, on account of lacking certain essential infrastructure for foxtel; (was it to do wiring? lighting? scoreboard?)
    Possibly the fact that there were approximately 4,000 to few seats to cater for the MEMBERS, might have been part of the equation.

C'mon the

vCash
    The Force have made no decent effort to sort out their predicament. They have sat on their hands expecting the state government to sort out their situation.

You have to be a little more pro active. If rumours are correct that they pay WAFL $300K per game at Spewbiaco are correct, then that seems like a huge waste of revenue to me.

A rugby field is grass with a fence around it.

The punters want a view, a watered down lite beer and a pie and easy access to the game.

MES was supposed to have been sorted out for season 2

Anybody with vision would have seen the writing on the wall halfway through the first season when every supporter was complaining about the view. membership was always going to plummet at Spewbiaco.

$300K X 6 or seven = a lot of infrastructure spending at MES

It's been a circus.

Every management process at the Farce is a circus

Controversy corner

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    History is history, we are going to end up where we end up and many are going to disagree with what I am about to say (which is why it is here rather than "Ruffles Feathers") but I think it is piss weak from anyone considering themselves a "true blue" supporter to use Subiaco as an excuse not to attend while the teams income withers on the vine.
    I can stomach perhaps dropping down a membership level maybe or barely handle dropping off all together but buying weekly seats, but to stop attending using the stadium as a crutch is pathetic and you don't deserve a team to support in the first place.
    There, I said it, that feels sooo much better.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I kind of agree, to say you're a dedicated supporter and then let something like the stadium get in the way of supporting is petty. Obviously view is an important part of the game and you don't pay to watch nothing, but you do pay to support your team and if putting up with a crap view is part of that then deal with it. Be grateful we have a team and support them. Having a team and being able to watch 6/7 games per year with a crap view is better than only having 1 game per year with the same crap view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    we are going to end up where we end up and many are going to disagree with what I am about to say ..............There, I said it, that feels sooo much better.
    I don't think you will find too many around here that would disagree with your sentiments. But it makes not a blind bit of difference to the situation and you'll find plenty who see MES as the best option available in the current climate.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast