Poll: Should Vern Reid Resign as CEO from the EWF

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Vern Reid Resignation Petition

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    FFS, you are probably going to get your wish. And with the NSWRU chairman just having jacked his job in, just who do you think would be replacing Vern then????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hi guys & gals! New member, first post and all that jazz....

I've recently learned that Twiggy Forrest played rugby for Cottesloe. Sounds like a perfect candidate for RWA Chairman.

Does anyone else know of any other high powered corporate people with a WA Rugby background?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Hi guys & gals! New member, first post and all that jazz....

I've recently learned that Twiggy Forrest played rugby for Cottesloe. Sounds like a perfect candidate for RWA Chairman.

Does anyone else know of any other high powered corporate people with a WA Rugby background?
    I wish....

vCash
    Twiggy could just buy the club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    I don't believe that Vern Reid has necessarily done the best thing by the club, but how would him handing in his resignation help anything? How about he takes responsibility and does something about it instead. Surely that would be the best rather than losing another person, who's possibly being replaced with someone who is no better.
    How would it help? For starters, it would show that the organization is serious about cleaning out the dead wood and turning this thing around. Secondly, it would stop the rot. Every major personnel opportunity has been f#$%$d up, or at the very kindest, poorly-managed. That starts from the top. Every potential signing has watched this fiasco unfold, and no quality player is going to stake his future on the decisions of Vern Reid. You'll only see the desperate heading West.

Lastly, what in the world would give you any indication that all of a sudden 'ol Vern is going to start pulling Aces out of his sleeve? That's right, there is none. We'll continue to see weak half-measures (Foley, Sam Norton-Knight, etc.) in place of real solutions or marquee players.

I'm sorry - he may be a good guy, he may actually be a good manager, but there are no results to show for it, and someone needs to fall on their sword and step aside for a new approach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    someone needs to fall on their sword and step aside for a new approach.
    it is the way of leadership. It might not be his fault, but he's the CEO it is definitely his responsibility!

Any other move is simply ass-covering.

C'mon the

vCash
    "Is Vern Reid striving for the Purpose, Vision and Values that have been set down by RugbyWA?"

Our Purpose

Grow Rugby and Grow Rugby talent in Western Australia.

Our Vision

To be the best union and have the best Super Rugby team in the Southern Hemisphere.

Values

• Integrity – We will act with integrity in all on and off field activities. Integrity represents acting ethically, with respect, humility, professionalism, loyalty and discipline. It includes open and honest communication.

• Unity – We will live and act as one at all times. Decisions will be made in the interests of Rugby in Western Australia. Unity represents the notions of teamwork, camaraderie, belonging and strength and resolve when under pressure.

• Courage – We will be determined and undaunted in our approach both on and off the field. Courage represents toughness and the strength of character to stand during times of adversity and act consistently with our ethos and values regardless of the outcome.

• Excellence – We will excel on and off the field, delivering to our stakeholders. This success will be sustainable and will be based on innovation, continuous improvement, delivering on promises and accountability.

• Energy – Our vibrancy is reflected in the passion and drive of our people. We will transfer this sustained vigour, passion and enthusiasm into the pursuit of our objectives.

(From: http://www.westernforce.com.au/HQ.aspx)

The club have waived from them, "Our Vision" and "Excellence" for example. If Reid can't hold RugbyWA to its own Purpose, Vision and Values, then he should resign and a CEO who will guide the club back to them should be employed.

Just my 2c worth.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Good post Fullback :-) For me, it also goes to show what a heap of meaningless rubbish all that rah, rah, rah 'management-consultant-speak' can be!!

vCash
    Welcome aboard Invictus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    "Is Vern Reid striving for the Purpose, Vision and Values that have been set down by RugbyWA?"

Our Purpose

Grow Rugby and Grow Rugby talent in Western Australia.

Our Vision

To be the best union and have the best Super Rugby team in the Southern Hemisphere.

Values

• Integrity – We will act with integrity in all on and off field activities. Integrity represents acting ethically, with respect, humility, professionalism, loyalty and discipline. It includes open and honest communication.

• Unity – We will live and act as one at all times. Decisions will be made in the interests of Rugby in Western Australia. Unity represents the notions of teamwork, camaraderie, belonging and strength and resolve when under pressure.

• Courage – We will be determined and undaunted in our approach both on and off the field. Courage represents toughness and the strength of character to stand during times of adversity and act consistently with our ethos and values regardless of the outcome.

• Excellence – We will excel on and off the field, delivering to our stakeholders. This success will be sustainable and will be based on innovation, continuous improvement, delivering on promises and accountability.

• Energy – Our vibrancy is reflected in the passion and drive of our people. We will transfer this sustained vigour, passion and enthusiasm into the pursuit of our objectives.

(From: http://www.westernforce.com.au/HQ.aspx)

The club have waived from them, "Our Vision" and "Excellence" for example. If Reid can't hold RugbyWA to its own Purpose, Vision and Values, then he should resign and a CEO who will guide the club back to them should be employed.

Just my 2c worth.
    Outstanding.

I would call it a fail at every hurdle

Every value, performance indicator, and representation has been a massive stinker

Off with his head

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Off with his head
    I wondered where Lewis Carol got his inspiration. Now we know, it was our very own Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Wobber for CEO:
    Past-
    Commissioner at Toursim Western Australia
    thats a tick in the right box!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Ok, we have a Coach or two and a Captain.
    Can we piss him off now please?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    ok it took a bit longer than I had hoped but I now have the car bumber stickers with our terms of endearment regarding Vern Reid.

Simple message "Vern Reid must resign".

I will leave a few at JB's but if anyone else wants one then PM me your name and address and I'll post one to you. All I ask is that if you take one please put it on your vehicle.

I'll scan and place an image here when I have a chance.

I can always order some more to meet demand .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    ok it took a bit longer than I had hoped but I now have the car bumber stickers with our terms of endearment regarding Vern Reid.

Simple message "Vern Reid must resign".

I will leave a few at JB's but if anyone else wants one then PM me your name and address and I'll post one to you. All I ask is that if you take one please put it on your vehicle.

I'll scan and place an image here when I have a chance.

I can always order some more to meet demand .....
    I'd like one please :-) I think you've got my address??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast