Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tupou and Harvey to Debut Against 'tahs

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think Harvey should be #15 again (injuries permitting). Got away with it this week as an unknown (if there is such a thing in this media era) but every Club will now have time to scour the archieves and will find him out for pace in their strategies.

I think Tupoa has huge potential and appears really keen for work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    it does surprise me, as he played 7's, where i was under the impression that you need a bit of pace to play...

Champion
    vCash
    I feel WARA-TUPOU had a great combination working and then WARA-STANLEY worked well.. Adding the 7s combination of HARVEY and CHUCKY.

Chucky wasnt so deep and the back line worked well. Would of liked to see Seymour in for Sidey later on in the game. The tAhs wouldn't of known where to look. Harvey-chucky and harvey combination.

Still need quick ball. As soon as quick ball was given we had points on the card.

vCash
    Yeah, my read was more that Harvey wasn't up to the game individually, but he was able to make the blokes around him look good. I reckon he'd make a good 10 with Chucky at 9 and Alfi at 15. Sorry to say it but I think Shep's time has come. I thought the real difference last night was having a second ball playing threat on the park. When Chucky was playing a lone hand, there was no threat, to have Chuck and Dave either side of the ruck, automatically put the defense in two minds, which in turn helped to generate quick ball.

That and the forwards looked like they were ready to tear out peope's hearts and eat them on the field.

C'mon the

vCash
    Yup, play him at 10, I thought he looked clever and devious.
    We really need to get a proper QUALITY 10 for next season. Scour the world, pay the coin. Don't spend big on back 3, we have needed a 10 since inception (and gits was not a 10).

They played this one the opposite to last week, fingers crossed they keep to this, and play well at home
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    My issue with the backs is Brett Sheehan... great gutsy player great additional losey...but his passing is slow and he takes two steps everytime a shuffle? I would liek tosee a fit Turner get the ball infront of Stannard. Come to think all the backs need to pass in front of their man there is little forward momentum.
    But great gutsy win good for the reds game in a few weeks.

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah, my read was more that Harvey wasn't up to the game individually, but he was able to make the blokes around him look good. I reckon he'd make a good 10 with Chucky at 9 and Alfi at 15. Sorry to say it but I think Shep's time has come. I thought the real difference last night was having a second ball playing threat on the park. When Chucky was playing a lone hand, there was no threat, to have Chuck and Dave either side of the ruck, automatically put the defense in two minds, which in turn helped to generate quick ball.

That and the forwards looked like they were ready to tear out peope's hearts and eat them on the field.
    Agree about Sheps... the cost per minute over the past 7 years to have this guy on the field must be huge he doesnt even take the penalities now!

Veteran
    vCash
    There were a lot of passes going high to player, exposing ribs to be broken. hes a tough nugget, but need the passes a little lower...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Not sure which game you were watching, I saw Hodgo giving everything he had and more, Pockock, Sharpe, Cottrill not far behind. We were beaten by outright pace last week, and also rugby nuance, something that is inbred and when rugby is not the main sport and when you are not one of the main teams we have players below that the NZ and SA teams have.
    Arent they a Super 14 team playing rugby Tazz? I am pretty sure Rugby is the main sport these guys play, or maybe I am wrong they are an AFL team that are trying to play rugby - would explain a lot for the past 3-4 weeks!

They are also meant to be a professional team and paid to play the game, train for the game and have a certain level of fitness. Time and time again they dont chase they hang back, they dont tackle well and there structure is poor. As a spectator, supporter and ex player it is obvious they lack commitment and or fitness.

Yes individuals played well, but it is not an individual sport. They need to play as a cohesive team.

The one point win was great to see, an improved performance over the past month and one that I hope continues as the season progresses.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Welcome Dodgy.

Not a terribly inspiring first post. Looks like you are in the right place though. Plenty of posters seem as if they are just about ready to jump off a bridge ATM. Luckily there are no real high ones in Perth.

Me; I'll be in Sydney with some keen Force supporters pub crawling up Foveaux St to cheer the boys on. I'll be steering clear of their bridge. It's a doozy and there's a pesky troll hangs around there as well.
    thanks for the welcome

wasnt a particularly inspiring start to the season - this last game was an improvement and I can feel the cockles of me heart warming. I'm hoping that warmth spreads as the season moves on.

frustration at the same old poor results by a team i wish would step up to the plate and deliver on the potential they have. Same old play style that we have seen for 6 or so years doesnt inspire its supporters, i guess that once beaten with stick of mediocrity one becomes pessimistic

I hope you celebrated the win in grandiose style and the troll didnt rear its ugly head

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Also that doesn't make sense. Why would you strain a muscle you weren't using?
    umm i hope they are using it a number of capacities:

1. to pump blood around the body so they can run, tackle, jump, ....

2. they say the heart is an important organ in loving what you do. If you put all your heart into the game it implies you give a damn

Personally i didnt see the whole team that put all their heart into the game at home. hence my concern they had pulled a heart muscle.

Senior Player
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

AMEN BROTHER!

Here's to a repeat performance!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3