Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NZ & Resting Players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    The Kiwis have placed the World Cup on a pedestal while other countries are still exploring their options and making sure they pick form players.

So South Africa dont rate the World cup is that the assertion?

Are you that certain that the Five New Zealand teams will not produce quality rugby during the S 14 maybe even produce a few players that show excellent form?

Exploring options how about 22 players that wouldn't be playing S 14 getting exposure or are you saying they are so rubbish that they wont put pressure on?

Or that after the strength and conditioning period that the NZ teams will be weak come the business end of the S 14 or maybe under preform in the Tri Nations? Will SA win the tri Nations or The S 14 as a result?

Which National teams are right now playing consistenly together in the lead up to the world cup in the Southern Hemisphere?

Do you think missing those rounds will have a negative impact on the All Blacks? If so Why?

The world cup is hard without a doubt there are no guarantees but I will be very surprised if Graham Henry doesn't put forward the best possible selection of New Zealand Rugby players chosen on form to play the World Cup. And Yes they may be beaten thats the whole idea in rugby isn't it?

Last year every team to some extent rotated their players - this year NZ has the depth to do something very different. Australia doesn't have the depth to do it but Connelly did try to ease the Wallabies back in and White will definetly rest players over the season.

Come world cup time every on puts in thier best 22 hopefully at thier peak back fire I personally dont think so but will they be beaten... there is always a chance otherwise why would you watch?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    it is shocking and pretty stupid to rest players. its only helping there old players get some rest.

are the younger players going to get any better by resting?

i dont think so and i think that it will backfire

ps: hey ireland are a great bet at $13 man if i had $100 i would too ur gonna make a fortune if they win and thats a gd chance right now.

vCash
    i would have to question whether giving them this rest will give them any more "enthusiasm" and "Hunger" than the thought of actualy winning the world cup and taking it back to NZ! Pretty big carrot!

Signals

vCash
    HAHAHA LOVE THAT JOKE AT THE END

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    I respect the All Blacks and think they deserve to win the World Cup. That said, I don't agree with the NZ decision to remove their best players from the S14. If they can't put their best teams on the field then they should rather not show up at all. I find the NZ second stringers boring and don't even watch when they are playing against each other.

I'm not trying to sound sanctimonious because SA have, to a lesser extent, never put their best sides on the field due to the quota system. But what NZ have done this year is worse.

Last edited by Goldmember; 17-02-07 at 10:34.

vCash

Talking

[QUOTE=Goldmember]I respect the All Blacks and think they believe deserve to win the World Cup. That said, I don't agree with the NZ decision to remove their best players.

i dont think any team deserves to win the world cup thats one thing youve got to earn, the thing is if this backfires, when they don't win rwc 2007 all other test nations will be pissing themselves with laughter!

vCash
    every team/coach must look for the edge the thing that tips the ballance in their favour. They have to go out on a limb and then take the knocks or the accolades, which ever their choices earn them. You have to respect a ballsy decision to take them out of the s14 comp but having said that the s14 comp is a high quality international competition so surely by nature is the best preparation for THE international competition

Signals

vCash
    yea i agree signals pretty stupid ey. the younger players arnt gonna get anything out of this and the high quality super 14 is just what the need to get better. all of the nz teams are doing well without them and that shows how much depth they have so who cares if some1 gets injurd they still have heaps of good replacements

vCash

Try-shy Crusaders beaten by Lions

Try-shy Crusaders beaten by Lions

Super 14 champions Canterbury Crusaders failed to score a try for the first time in six years when they lost 9-3 to the Lions of South Africa in Johannesburg overnight.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Wonder what Robbie Deans has to say on the 22 man squad project just presently?!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    oh how the mighty have fallen....

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    First time in six years that the Crusaders haven't scored a try!!!
    They still have the 4th placed Cheetahs in Bloemfontein, 1st placed Sharks in Durban and 12th placed Bulls in Christchurch to go before they get their stars back too, could well be a bridge to far by the time they are full strength again to make the Finals.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Well Jazza93 not to be too picky but the AB's have a pretty young team so it's not very likely they are giving their older players a rest...

I think there are two issues here 1) is it good for the Super 14 Rugby? 2) Is it good for the AB's leading up to the World Cup?

I think the answer is No and yes respectively, no it's not good for the level of rugby for some of the teams but good for the All Blacks and it's not hard to figure out what NZ thinks is more important.

For the Blues it hasn't been great but it has opened the door for a few players that have really shone and will get a chance maybe later, Same goes with the Hurricanes. The Chiefs really have there shocking injury tally to blame for a lack of performance. The resting of the players has really been damaging for the Crusaders and the Highlanders it's made a huge difference to thier campaigns.

It's a shame that you haevn't been watching the NZ teams goldfinger becuase the clashes between the Blues and the Canes and the blues and the Crusaders were very good rugby and some of the few games where the new engagment laws are working pretty well.

But for the sub level performance you cant just blame NZ they werent involved in the clash between the Reds and Canberra. They would have to be up there for the horrendus performance. None of the three nations are putting out great Rugby.

I would sazy the Force, Sharks, and Blues are the only teams consistently trying there arm. You cant blame the AB's coach for that.

I think you underestimate the importance of having a consistent 22 for the world cup and no matter the depth if carter or richie to name just to have a waugh type injury this will impact the AB's so it's about player management. But the young players who are out there are having the playing devloped how could they not, that just doesn't make sense Jazza?

I agree with Slomo on that no team deserves the cup except the team who wins it on the day.

If NZ wins the world cup does that mean every nation should rest there players before? Well no And I dont think there will be a lot of Laughter about NZ's approach by other nations because you have to remember that just becuase NZ loses doesn't mean your team wins - there can only be one!

Who ever wins gets the bragging rights - thats a bit hard to share. You can laugh as loud as you like that NZ didn't win last year but the only team that really has the rights is England. They beat Australia too.

vCash
    Someone put speed in his coffee again, slow down nick, take it easy...Gotta love your passion....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It was my favourite result for the weekend.

Just shows how little effect the withdrawal of 22 All Blacks has had on the Kiwi sides.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast