Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australia A v Fiji in Melbourne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Only serve mid strength or lite beer in poor people sections
    Really? That's seems a bit strange. My simple solution would be to smuggle in a flask of Bundy's. Do they only sell lite coke too?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Great idea Larry, however I must tell you that the two hard working chefs(one aussie and one irishman) from that had been hard at it all day before the Wallabies V Ireland game and mad a last minute dash to the ground with bottle of cider in hand and one in jacket. They made it in but were removed shortly after for the half bottle of cider they each had. Next to them two others were removed for "mixing" drinks under their seat. In past years I have taken a 2 litre cask of red (Yalumba of cource), but they are full on with cameras and extra security now so it's not worth it. It was quiet funny as they has a fully booked dining room after them game so the missus was called and told to get a casual chef for after the game as they were in a "paddy" wagon.....she fell for it at first, but I am pleased to say that the chefs did make it back to but did miss the game live at Subi.

Player
    vCash
    is there going to be any tv coverage of the game? foxtel or anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by felixnelson
    is there going to be any tv coverage of the game? foxtel or anyone?
    Not that I am aware of at this stage

vCash
    I cannot believe they threw them out of the stadium for that. What is WA a communist state? I can see taking their booze, but to throw them out is ridiculous, unless of course the were acting up.

If they are like a bunch of Nazi's you're right it's not worth it. You could always mix your drink in the mens room stall, or are they watching you there too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ
    I cannot believe they threw them out of the stadium for that. What is WA a communist state? I can see taking their booze, but to throw them out is ridiculous, unless of course the were acting up.

If they are like a bunch of Nazi's you're right it's not worth it. You could always mix your drink in the mens room stall, or are they watching you there too?

Big Brother is everywhere and no they were not "acting" up, just re hydrating.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Back on topic - Australia A team has been named with a good smattering of Force players:

Adam Ashley-Cooper, Richard Brown, Al Campbell, Mitchell Chapman, David Croft, Matt Dunning, Gene Fairbanks, Nic Henderson, Josh Holmes, James Horwill, Digby Ioane, Drew Mitchell, Stephen Moore, Sam Norton-Knight, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, John Roe, Cameron Shepherd, Scott Staniforth, Morgan Turinui, Josh Valentine, Adam Wallace-Harrison.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the outstanding suprise of the bunch for the Force is Brown, that is awesome news and totally deserved!
    Stanners will unleash the beast to put his hand up for Wallaby selection and I'm sure the back three for next year will be given an early glimpse of likely position....unless Catweezle is still miffed at Mitchell for his Canberra "Dullsville" comments during contract negotiations

Five Emirates Western Force Players Named In Australia A Squad

Tuesday, 4 July 2006
    RugbyWA

Five members of the Emirates Western Force squad have been named in the Australia A team that will play two games against Fiji in July.

Richard Brown, Scott Staniforth, Digby Ioane, Cameron Shepherd and new recruit Drew Mitchell have been selected for the matches, to be played in Adelaide on Friday 14 July and Melbourne on Saturday 29 July.

The selections cap stellar years for Staniforth, Ioane, Mitchell and Shepherd, while Brown's inclusion is testament to his outstanding performances in 2006 despite missing several weeks with an ankle injury.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    In my selection panel cocoon of 1, this is how I would line them up:

Burgs' Australia "A" XV:

1 Benn Robinson
    2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
    3 Nic Henderson
    4 Al Campbell
    5 James Horwill
    6 Adam Wallace-Harrison
    7 David Croft
    8 John Roe
    9 Josh Valentine
    10 Sam Norton-Knight
    11 Digby Ioane
    12 Adam Ashley-Cooper
    13 Scott Staniforth
    14 Drew Mitchell
    15 Cameron Shepherd

16 Matt Dunning
    17 Stephen Moore
    18 Mitchell Chapman
    19 Richard Brown
    20 Josh Holmes
    21 Morgan Turinui
    22 Gene Fairbanks

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Wow, what a (Force - full) back line. I'm really looking forward to the game now I know this. Thanks so much for that edit work with the Wallabies team post Burgs, I lack geekiness sorry.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Wow, what a (Force - full) back line. I'm really looking forward to the game now I know this. Thanks so much for that edit work with the Wallabies team post Burgs, I lack geekiness sorry.
    Apology accepted, only 500 fleas for you now
    Just a personal crusade as mentioned ages ago in the Public Bar, I would like to find the moron who started writing the team lists upside down, I'm tipping it was some League hack.

With the "A's", I imagine fat guts Turinui will start which is unfortunate and possibly Dunning too for Robinson.
    Will be great to see them all out there though, hopefully Fox will cover it so us mere mortals in the West can enjoy the match.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    With the "A's", I imagine fat guts Turinui will start which is unfortunate and possibly Dunning too for Robinson.
    Will be great to see them all out there though, hopefully Fox will cover it so us mere mortals in the West can enjoy the match.
    I would really like to see the Australia A side used to give more "new caps" a run rather than dropping ex first stringers down to A. Had this been done in years past the home/guess work done by Force selcectors would have been a little easier from the start.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Palu, Caldwell and McCormack called in for Australia A

Palu, Caldwell and McCormack called in for Australia A

July 09, 2006 - 1:00pm
    Story by: ARU

NSW Waratahs flanker/No.8 Wycliff Paul and lock Will Caldwell, and Brumbies hooker James McCormack have been called into the Australia A squad that assembles in Adelaide today for the first of two Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series matches this month against Fiji.

Palu, who celebrated two outstanding seasons at the Waratahs with selection in the Qantas Wallabies squad for the 2006 Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series, replaces John Roe, who will remain with the Wallabies ahead of their Tri Nations Test against South Africa in Brisbane on Saturday.

Lock Will Caldwell makes the step up to Australia A after forging a name for himself with the Waratahs this year, following his Super 14 debut against the Reds in Round One. Caldwell, who has played Australian Schools, NSW U19s and U21s and Australian Under 21s, replaces Brumby Adam Wallace-Harrison, who strained his medial ligament playing Premier Rugby for Easts yesterday.

The third new face, Brumbies hooker James McCormack, comes in for Tatafu Polota-Nau, who has not yet fully recovered from an ankle sprain sustained at last month's Under 21 World Championship and who will join the Wallabies this week for treatment.

Australia A Head Coach Laurie Fisher said the players brought plenty of experience to the squad, each having developed considerably during the Super 14 season.

“We've gained three very good young players who each made huge strides in terms of development during the Super 14 season and who have continued to play well at club level,” Fisher said.

“Wycliff Palu is a strong ball runner who is well known for his tough and physical defence and who will have benefited from his time training with the Wallabies.”

“Will Caldwell also has a reputation for being a tough and uncompromising player and has sharpened his lineout skills at the Waratahs under the guidance of Dan Vickerman.”

“James McCormack did a very good job for us at the Brumbies this year and also brings a great deal of experience at club and country representative levels.”

The Australia A squad for the 2006 Bundaberg Rum Series assembles in Adelaide at lunchtime today and has its first training session this afternoon, at 3:30pm at Gleneagles Reserve, Seaton. The session is open to the public.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    anyone confirmed if it is being broadcast for us ??

/edit Fox Sports aren't and I can't find anything on 7

Last edited by Happy; 09-07-06 at 11:53.
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Fiji squad

Joe Bale (France)
    Ravuama Samo (Fiji)
    Apisai Nagi (Fiji)
    Sunia Koto (Fiji)
    Tevita Rabukawaqa (Fiji U21s)
    Wame Lewaravu (Fiji)
    Mosese Vasuitoga (Fiji)
    Apisai Naevo (France)
    Jone Qovu (Fiji U21s)
    Kini Salabogi (Fiji)
    Alifereti Doviverata (Japan)
    Netani Talei (Fiji)
    Akapusi Qera (Fiji)
    Jacob Rauluni (UK)
    Jone Daunivucu (Fiji)
    Seremaia Bai (Fiji)
    Jo Tora (Fiji)
    Kameli Ratuvou (Fiji)
    Epeli Ruivadra (Japan)
    Alusio Buto (Fiji)
    Seremaia Tuilevu (Fiji)
    Marika Vunibaka (Japan)
    Mosese Luveitasau (Fiji)
    Norman Ligairi (Japan)

Players left out because of injury and availability are: Simon Raiwalui, Seru Rabeni, Isoa Domolailai, Ifereimi Rawaqa, Aca Ratuva and Rupeni Caucau.

Some local players who played well in the match against the Auckland NPC side are being given a go by Pivac, and there is a total of 17 local players in the squad. It will be a pretty young team.

highlights of Fiji Warriors vs Auckland NPC:

http://www.fijitv.com.fj/index.cfm?go=tv.home

1. click on any RED "video" link to open the video gallery

2. click saturday 6pm

3. select sports and then Auckland v Warriors

lots of dropped ball over the line as you will see in the video

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast