Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force prepared to compromise on field

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Look it doesn't have to be anywhere in particular. It does have to be somewhere convenient. That's all.

The AK reserve option is going nowhere as far as I can tell, yet no-one at Rugbywa appears to want to look anywhere other than the Perry Lakes area.

All I'm suggesting is broaden the outlook and be proactive in seeking a location in an area and within time and financial constraints which are realistic.

Or do we wait until even AK Reserve is considered for sequestration for residential development as was Perry Lakes because of land values in the area?

And something else, there is no way the Force can play and train at Members Equity if it is turned into a rectangular stadium shared with other sports -the playing surface wouldn't allow it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 23-10-08 at 14:39.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    a location in an area and within time and financial constraints which are realistic.
    To be honest Fulv, I think that would be defined as an area inside the CBD-Sorrento-Fremantle triangle.
    I think the reasons James gives pretty much sums up the situation.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    there is no way the Force can play and train at Members Equity if it is turned into a rectangular stadium shared with other sports -the playing surface wouldn't allow it.
    Which is why any redevelopment should incorporate something along the lines of this - it was used in the redevelopment of Waikato stadium and, as I've posted elesewhere, allowed a game of NPC rugby after 8 hours of continuous rain without leaving a single divot on the field. If we are going to share with soccer in particular, I think something along these lines will be a must whether it is used for training or not.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Arent the West Coast Eagles looking for a new HQ/Training Ground as well,....
    yes. I really hope they pick Claremont Oval.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    does it really matter where they are based.
    All they need is a patch of grass they call there own.
    Thats why rugby park was so good
    it was ours
    not a share venue.

you will find tghe majority of the squad live near rugby park and it would be stupid to move rugbywa headquaters up north or south of the river.

You have to remember in the force offseason the grounds are used by the junior elite program, through clinics, regionals, academy etc. And to move it from the current location. Imagine moving it up north the kids from rockingham travelling that extra 20mins there and back. Or if you move it south vise versa. Your not going to see the facilities move far away from soaks or uni because that is where the core of the admin at the force and rugbywa are based.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Only because the Force is based at Perry Lakes. Circuitous argument.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Only because the Force is based at Perry Lakes. Circuitous argument.
    I may be well off the mark but I was under the understanding that the main schools based rugby competition was run out of Perth's private school system and surely with so many of those being in the Western Suburbs and what seems to be half of the WA premiership teams are also located there it makes sense to put it there.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    You must be careful. Bringing logic into a discussion will only make it harder.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I may be well off the mark but I was under the understanding that the main schools based rugby competition was run out of Perth's private school system and surely with so many of those being in the Western Suburbs and what seems to be half of the WA premiership teams are also located there it makes sense to put it there.
    well the best school team is based in south perth
    the best club is based in kalamunda
    the biggest clubs are located north, east or south of 'the western suburbs'

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A ten year average (don't know about biggest) would show otherwise Pruc and South Perth is really more central than South. Same as you would still call Hale, unfortunately (from a Scotch point of view ), the most dominant of the Schools a central School.

On biggest, you should probably go on player numbers rather than club members and the central teams seem to have the most across the grades including two Colts often.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Arent the West Coast Eagles looking for a new HQ/Training Ground as well,
    Maybe not anymore. Mr Demitriou now apparently accepts that Kitchener Park may not happen. possibly after he was invited to contribute some AFL dollars to the project as they did with the MCG upgrade (according to Mark Reddings this morning).

This thread has more legs than I thought it might. Maybe Fulvio's idea is a good one. History might say that most home grown WA Rugby players have come through the private school system but the way forward is obviously to expand that player base to as many schools as possible. Hopefully many schools from various areas can develop players for the Force academy. The lack of transport options in the Perry Lakes area would suggest that facilities should be near a central transport hub to allow all young players equal ease of access.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Claremont Oval with an overflow into the Showgrounds, been saying it for three years now

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    well the best school team is based in south perth
    the best club is based in kalamunda
    the biggest clubs are located north, east or south of 'the western suburbs'
    Don't want to be a smart arse so long after the fact but isn't EVERYTHING north east or south of the west, given that the biggest thing west of Perth is essentially Ocean?

To me you actually make an argument FOR the Western suburbs, was that your intention?

(ps I hate the travel too, but I'd hate it even more if I had to go to Joondalup, just like the Joondalup people would hate travelling to Mandurah)

Leave it about where it is, there's a fair bit of open ground in that area to build fields on and it's pretty central.....as for public transport, all it takes is a couple of bus routes to fix that!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    as for public transport, all it takes is a couple of bus routes to fix that!
    If you build it they will come.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2