Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reds News

vCash
    THE REDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE HODGSON

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    i dunno, the article said they were also chasing Robinson and Hodgson depending on whether they could be released..
    it doesnt say if Hodson actually wants to come ot QLD though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    So they are trying to get Matt Hodgson released? Is this due to them not getting Pocock?

Hodgson is just getting into the go of things at the Force and becoming a regular starter, I hope he doesn't leave us now.
    How many games did he start last season?

He is hardly a starter, he started the least games this season out of his entire Force career and it doesn't look like anything will change next season, I can see him wanting to leave after playing so much the last two years and not as much this year.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would be up to Hodgson to do the "releasing".
    Would be tough for him now realising that Pocock is passing him by while there is a starting role available at the Reds.
    Aus Rugby will have achieved nothing in terms of depth until there are Hodgson quality players on the bench in every position.
    Any of those three #7's would be a good fit for the Reds I reckon but I would speculate more on Robinson as the extra bit of aggression and a greater room for improvement if I was in Mooney's shoes.
    I still think the Reds without Turinui will be better off then the Reds with him.
    Not sure about Holmes at #3 either TOCC, don't think he has ever played there, of those two you may be better to swap them over?
    Also intersting the Hynes at #15 school of thought. Never thought of him playing there, has he filled in there at all at S14? Haven't seen him kick but he can certainly run it back. Already had to eat a little humble pie over him on the Wing so far this season so I guess why not try him there...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Would be tough for him now realising that Pocock is passing him by while there is a starting role available at the Reds.
    Aus Rugby will have achieved nothing in terms of depth until there are Hodgson quality players on the bench in every position.
    Any of those three #7's would be a good fit for the Reds I reckon but I would speculate more on Robinson as the extra bit of aggression and a greater room for improvement if I was in Mooney's shoes.
    I still think the Reds without Turinui will be better off then the Reds with him.
    Not sure about Holmes at #3 either TOCC, don't think he has ever played there, of those two you may be better to swap them over?
    Also intersting the Hynes at #15 school of thought. Never thought of him playing there, has he filled in there at all at S14? Haven't seen him kick but he can certainly run it back. Already had to eat a little humble pie over him on the Wing so far this season so I guess why not try him there...
    some times it is better for the player to move on to achieve starting rugby, agree with burgs on holmer playing at #1 where he normally starts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

Yeah i actually think Robinson would be a good signing for the Reds, he seems to fit the build for your stereotypical openside flanker pretty well.

I think eventually the Reds will be better off without Turinui, though the later half of the season he was playing some really good football, and i think his experience that he brings to the team is fantastic. I have heard it many times that people think Turinui is one of the best rugby brains in Australia, he just doesnt have the body to match, in sydney his actually a really sort after public speaker.

yeah holmes was a typo

with Hynes at 15, i figured they were better off having a more experienced guy at fullback as opposed to some 20 year old rookie. He seems to have all the qualities of a reasonable fullback, he will have to work hard on his kicking though.
    I dont think he has specifically started at fullback, but during the S14 season he was constantly cleaning up from fullback doing all the things your typical fullback would do.

vCash
    Toua has signed a 2 year deal with the Reds as well

he plays fullback and he is a pretty good player, being in the Reds academy for a few years now.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Good to see the Reds keeping players out of the Academy ...

vCash
    i agree, i havent personally seen Toua play but apparently he is quite a talent, bit rough around the edges but has the potential to be a good S14 player.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2