Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: has RugbyWA lost the plot with the way they want to structure the Senior Competition

vCash
    Where's RM with the good oil......?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'm Back!..... but I'm no snake oil salesman!

I only speak the truth! So watch out BDG, Gigsy, TG, Political Man, Happy, Shasta, Rex and all your cronie mates, you'll have to play with a straight bat from now on - or at least until I'm banned again.

The moderators haven't been that moderate and have been deleting or censoring many of my posts and even blocked my computer access for some weeks now. Can't believe the "dribble" being perpetrated on the twf faithful during my "long service leave".

Re the proposed 2013 competition structure; Rugby WA are wrestling with an awkward S15 draw and are genuinely trying to put a meaningful competition despite the best efforts of two clubs to frustrate the process. All other clubs are essentially in favour of the RWA proposals.

A common sense solution will be found and the clubs need to stop seeing RWA as the enemy. Clubs should focus on their own preparations for the season and let the good folk at RWA do their jobs.

There you go, that wasn't too controversial was it? I must be ill.

Rookie
    vCash
    the competition will work out fine this season , Andrew Hill is a top bloke who makes every effort to engage with clubs to make sure people are informed

Justin shakeshaft always runs a tight ship as the admin guy

keep up the good work guys , looking forward to another successful club season here in Perth

Champion
    vCash
    Re the proposed 2013 competition structure; Rugby WA are wrestling with an awkward S15 draw and are genuinely trying to put a meaningful competition
    Agree

despite the best efforts of two clubs to frustrate the process. All other clubs are essentially in favour of the RWA proposals.
    Wrong. All clubs disagreed with it but were seemingly scared to voice their opinions when it came to the crunch.

A common sense solution will be found and the clubs need to stop seeing RWA as the enemy. Clubs should focus on their own preparations for the season and let the good folk at RWA do their jobs.
    It was found. Two games - one pre-season another on the bye week. RugbyWA must not force clubs into doing what they don't want (and I'm told what some at RugbyWA never actually really wanted). Extra points = bribery.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    I'm Back!..... but I'm no snake oil salesman!

I only speak the truth! So watch out BDG, Gigsy, TG, Political Man, Happy, Shasta, Rex and all your cronie mates, you'll have to play with a straight bat from now on - or at least until I'm banned again.

The moderators haven't been that moderate and have been deleting or censoring many of my posts and even blocked my computer access for some weeks now. Can't believe the "dribble" being perpetrated on the twf faithful during my "long service leave".

Re the proposed 2013 competition structure; Rugby WA are wrestling with an awkward S15 draw and are genuinely trying to put a meaningful competition despite the best efforts of two clubs to frustrate the process. All other clubs are essentially in favour of the RWA proposals.

There you go, that wasn't too controversial was it? I must be ill.
    just cut out the personal attacks & we will all get on fine

& keep taking the medication,it seems have worked wonders

Senior Player
    vCash
    I wasn't totally focussed on the Cup Competition; I was looking at the entire competition structure and issues re colts grades, night games, sunday games, role of sevens etc.

The same two clubs spoiled for a fight on every agenda item at a recent meeting of clubs and hijacked the meeting, according to my sources. Sometimes a bit of compromise comes in handy.

I suspect RWA will make a decision for the good of the whole and the two recalcitrant clubs will use this as the reason they get hammered this season.

Any truth to the rumour that those same two clubs did one hell of a lot of lobbying prior to the meeting and found out at the meeting how few friends they really have?

Player
    vCash
    Pacman put out the RugbyWA incentive scheme for the Cup on another thread.
    I don't know why you are so fired up and keep going on about it.... Its a zero sum game... Everyone gets points win or lose.... Gives em a nice Incentive to play.... They get something out opf it that helps their club.... If you want to call that bribery and clubs being forced to do something they don't want etc... etc... sounds like a complete and total over reaction to me.....
    INCENTIVES:

All teams that fully fulfil their obligations with participating in this competition will be rewarded as
    follows:
    All Premiership Clubs will receive 10 competition points that will be added to their Reserve grade
    ladder/table for the 2013 regular season.
    All Championship clubs will receive 10 competition points that will be added to their 1st Grade
    ladder/table for the 2013 regular season.
    All teams that reach the semi‐finals and grand finals will be provided with post match drinks and
    food courtesy of RugbyWA.
    Winners of the respective Grand Finals will receive either a Perpetual Cup or Perpetual Plate.

Champion
    vCash
    the two recalcitrant clubs will use this as the reason they get hammered this season.
    Any truth to the rumour that those same two clubs did one hell of a lot of lobbying prior to the meeting and found out at the meeting how few friends they really have
    ?

Recalcitrant? Again I say, From what I hear it wasn't so much lobbying just that the clubs were not prepared to stand up for themselves and be seen to upset the status quo. Wanneroo and P-B were not in that. Once again I say. The word I had was that nobody wanted the Wed night Cup Comp but they would not stand up to their masters.
    Not sure whether this is the right thread but I hear both clubs, particularly P-B, have picked up some good recruits so not sure about them being hammered.
    Time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2