Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: membership down again in 2008, subi to blame?

vCash
    Talking to a few ex gold members last night - they reckoned that as everyone else around them was skanking in with the blue crew and sitting in the Gold seats then why shouldn't they !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Champion
    vCash
    THat's true, some friends of mine got in with the Blue Crew and even get into the Bundy tent. Then they got asked to be in the gold crew for the Wallabies game against Fiji whereas I paid $65 for my ticket. It doesn't seem right!

vCash
    I have never been to a stadium where they change the layout from oval to rectangular . However. the versions I have seen on the telly just have a crescent of extra seats along the side to square up the oval. This is fine for the people who sit there ( no cover mind you) but everyone else is still exactly where they would have been - miles from the action. This layout will never be anywhere near as good as a purpose bult rectangular stadium.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Received our membership packs today,which was jolly good.When reading the membership directory I noticed the following quote"members please note the WAFC have advised that the Doig room will no longer be available for use as a match day members bar"
    what is going on?
    I suggest members should congegrate on Fong's front verge & have our pre match drinks there,as obviously Jb's are not allowed to cater for the extra patrons

vCash
    still waiting for my membership pack.
    i need a new sticker because i had to replace my back windscreen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Received our membership packs today,which was jolly good.When reading the membership directory I noticed the following quote"members please note the WAFC have advised that the Doig room will no longer be available for use as a match day members bar"
    what is going on?
    I suggest members should congegrate on Fong's front verge & have our pre match drinks there,as obviously Jb's are not allowed to cater for the extra patrons
    wheres he live?? i'll bring the esky, lets turn it into a full blow BBQ

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Let me tell you a story- apparently there was a slight delay on the posting of Membership packs as there was a issue when a Box of Gold membership cards fell off the back of a delivery truck

So - the Delivery Contractor wouldn't release any of the cards until they investigated what happened to the 1 box. That box was located but some were scratched and had to be replaced. Some of the membership team had to jump in the official RugbyWA Ute to collect boxes from the Transport company.

Apparently a very similar thing happened to a Perth based team in a National Competition. where they had to go to another states capital city to collect their cards. But they did it on a 737 and paid the excess baggage. I guess they have more money to play with then RugbyWA

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Maybe one of those membership cards was mine...no-one in my family has got our packs yet

....or maybe my parents are attempting to pass it off as a christmas present to me?

vCash
    Same here Skiz, It'll be a morose Christmas in the GIGST house!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I have a feeling that despite multiple attempts to inform them of my updated address my pack will be sent to New Zealand. Which would piss me off considerably. I am remaining optimistic though.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    got mine mid last week, happy they've gone back to a proper hat!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    If the gig at Fong's joint doesn't work out, I would strongly suggest pre and post match drinks at The Leederville Sporting Club just opposite plenty of room and even parking for members, walk to Subi Oval.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Yeah I've spoken to a few people about memberships and a fair few have decided that it's not worth paying all that money for a season pass when the ground isn't any good to watch rugby at, and when they can rock up, buy cheap tickets and pretty much sit wherever they like. security in terms of seating is pretty bloody slack at subi so in reality you can spend $40 odd dollars on a nickle seat and just sit with the gold members. I know there was lots of empty seats around us during the season as people would buy the memberships, but not turn up, but not not get the memberships so that when a proper stadium is built they'll be able to hold onto their good seats.
    I can't help but think if a proper stadium was built the number of members would absolutely sky rocket. Anyone I've spoken to who hasn't renewed their memberships blame subi.
    I'd give up my membership at subi... if I didn't love the force so much. (oh and if OMC wasn't paying for it too. :p)
    scrap that... I'll watch them play whenever and however. that's just how much I do love that team.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    My reasons for retaining the membership are more cynical Jess. If everyone fails to renew their membership because the seating is crap and you can't see the game, we lose our supporter base. If we lose our supporter base, then Member's equity only needs a minimal upgrade, which is all we'll get.
    Our first two years have proven that 30000 is an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM since once we get a stadium with a decent view of the action, 30000 a game will be the rule, not the exception.

Hold onto your memberships guys, Keep the pressure on that tosser Kobelke

C'mon the

vCash
    theres no way i am letting go of mine! not now i have gold!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast