Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force Lineup for Brumbies Clash

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I thought that is why you had a sign Skiz, so you could bash people over the head with it?
    "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Rathbone out but Brumbies ready

Rathbone out but Brumbies ready

April 20, 2007 - 1:40pm
    Story by: Sportal/ARU

The Brumbies have indicated they are well prepared for their vital Super 14 clash with the Western Force at Canberra Stadium on Friday night, and will be able to cope with the late withdrawal of Clyde Rathbone.

Rathbone’s ‘on again, off again’ knee injury has seen him come in and out of the Brumbies’ starting XV over the past two weeks, but he was finally ruled out and will be replaced by Peter Playford, who will feature as the only new face in the Brumbies’ line-up to the one that beat the Waratahs a fortnight ago.

The Brumbies had a bye during week 11 of the competition, and stand-in captain George Smith said the rest came at the right time of the season.

"We've got the momentum, winning three on the trot, and we've had a break that has definitely refreshed us for this game," Smith said.

"We're very confident with the way we've trained through the week, and the Force are coming off a two-match losing streak, so hopefully we can make that three.

"To lose Clyde is unfortunate – we lost him two weeks ago and again this week – but we've got capable understudies.”

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher said the week off allowed his team to better prepare for the 'do-or-die' clash, and said his side was eager to play against former Brumby Matt Giteau.

"I think it's probably the most thorough we've been all year, in terms of analysing the opposition, in terms of really understanding how we want to play, and I think the guys have heightened their off field preparation," Fisher said.

"We've certainly had a look at [Giteau's] signature moves and how he moves around the field, and who he's likely to be targeting with his running game, and how we need to defend, but we will do that with every [number 10] every week.

"He's a lively player, he's a real threat, he's going to love coming here, playing in front of his home crowd, and he's going to be a real danger to us."

The Brumbies will be hoping to extend their three-match winning streak at the expense of the Force, who have conceded 117 points in their past two matches, but Smith remained wary of the West Australian team.

"We know the Force will be a tough opponent on Friday night," Smith said.

"The two [losses] won't reflect what they are going to do, but we've done our analysis and we're very confident about this game."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    I thought that is why you had a sign Skiz, so you could bash people over the head with it?
    "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH" "I have FAITH"
    Hmmm, it crossed my mind .....but they're allowed to support which ever players they want i guess, though i find it disappointing that they do this to Yak. Because the way i see it, booing and cussing players won't help them play any better and being supportive is the only thing you should do! Hypothetically, if you were in Yak's position last year and were getting booed etc. by some of the crowd, you would feel pretty low.......being a true supporter means that you support ALL the team through good times and bad, no matter what your personal preferences may be. That's my letting off of steam for the day GO FORCE, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3