Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 90.5FM Exclusive Full commentary v Sharks Friday

Apprentice
    vCash
    I said it at the start of the season Barra's a band wagon hopper. Before the Force came on the scene he was no where near Rugby on 6PR, it was Mick and the soccer guy, I forget his name.

Barra goes where he is told or where the next pay check is.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pockets some where on here is the last 5 mins of the Hurricanes game - listen to that and tell me honestly if Barra hasn't been just a little hooked - like you am amazed disgusted and several other adjectives that a St Kilda game took precedance over the Force and no longer watch the 7 news - not enough rugby more on 9 however I enjoy Barra popping on here to tell us what he IS / allowed to do - so try not to be so harsh on him cause he'ill stop coming and then we all miss out - same with David - David doesn't get paid and does a brillant job and I'm holding him to his promise to produce the try scorer at the Crusader Game this week

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well put TQ1, the fellas by and large do what those in suits tell them to do, don't be taking it on them.
    I really enjoy the fact that we have most of WA's Rugby Media as Members or at least visitors, certainly better than having them bashing us!!!
    Stick around fellas, most of us still luv ya

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Geez, pockets, that's a bit harsh. Barra was brought up on rugby in the ACT and is a genuine fan. It's just that if you restrict yourself to rugby in WA, there are NO fulltime job opportunities. (Trust me, I know.) He played professional football - it just happened to be in AFL. But he knows the game extremely well and has for a long time. I wouldn't enjoy our broadcasts as much if he wasn't a part of it.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Barra does his bit. He is a rugby man as well as a AFL man. Dont sell him short.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Colliss 882 6PR
    Geez, pockets, that's a bit harsh. Barra was brought up on rugby in the ACT and is a genuine fan
    I think he was more than just "brought up on it" Mick. Didn't he represent the ACT at schoolboy level before switching to AFL? He also had a belated shot at League for the Western Reds at about 32yo after retiring from WAFL. Only got as far as reserve grade, tho. Still not a bad record.

A bit harsh alright. I listen to 6PR quite a lot and you can tell his interest is genuine. As it seems for sport in general.

We should be happy that we've got a dedicated match day station and another that gives coverage thru the rest of the week.

Apprentice
    vCash
    He may have played when he was a kid, and I agree that it is good that the media are involved in the forum, but nothing will change my opinion that Barra goes a where he is told but also where he thinks it will look good and suit his career. Mick if he is so knowledgable why does he come out with such childish rubbish. He drags your broadcast down rather than makes it better.

Also schoolboy representation in Australia 25 years ago does not mean that much at state level as the population was less and it tended to be a case of whoever turned up was in the state side, so I would not hold much to that. I know many people who played state schoolboys in QLD just because their parents took them to training.

If 6pr are going to cover a sport they should be forced to commit for the seasona dn not just when it suits. After all aren't they the Force's official broadcast partner?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The other thing I have learnt is that 6PR is a nationally owned and broadcasted. I wonder where they make most of the "executive" decisions?

Not in WA, that's for sure.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockets
    Also schoolboy representation in Australia 25 years ago does not mean that much at state level as the population was less and it tended to be a case of whoever turned up was in the state side, so I would not hold much to that. I know many people who played state schoolboys in QLD just because their parents took them to training.
    Well that just burst my bubble

Mods cap on:
    Pockets, if you have an issue with Barra please take it up with him, you'll no doubt be able to find a contact on the 6PR website.
    It would appear that you have something more than just a punters angst to your gripe against him and we really don't need TWF dragged through the mud with it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Burgs, apologies, I moved from QLD 4-5 years ago and radio here is a must working shifts, I get just get frustrated compared to the standards back home. Ideal pairing I believe would be Mick and Leon. Put it down to homesickness. I just find the substance sometimes poor, but look at least we have a choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2