Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What have you done for me lately.........

Apprentice
    vCash
    Ian Prior - Two players who were very much available Prior and Stander

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    What a load of rubbish, any more conspiracy theories you would like to share.
    Did I hear the chirrup of a cricket?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceskin View Post
    Ian Prior - Two players who were very much available Prior and Stander
    "Yes, but, no, but..." BDG

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    golly,didn't realise that prior played for the Force on friday nights and then for Neddies on Saturdays-but there you go!

Champion
    vCash
    Tessman and Dellit also had game time, don't leave yourself so open Gunny

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    last season or the year before?--didn't think Paddy was too interested in club rugby last season!

anyway it was a genuine question

vCash
    Did you go to any Nedlands matches last year, Gunny?

You seem to have missed seeing over a quarter of the team.

vCash
    allegedly so

vCash
    I suppose that's the peril of mixing the demon drink with extreme old age ...

vCash
    such is life

Champion
    vCash
    We have had Force players come down and support our junior carnivals. Alby, Hodgo and Steenkamp were at last years carnivals and have attended junior trophy presentations.
    Back between 2006 and 2010 we had Josh Tatupo, Mitch Inman and Drew Mitchell play premier grade for us at different times.
    I dont know if you know Perths geography Exile but Kalamunda is situated approximately 45min drive from the Floreat area where most Force trainings, meetings etc occur. Factor in peak hour traffic and it is more like a 70min drive to get from Floreat to Kalamunda. This is the main factor why we dont have as many current Force players as we used to. We were to have two EPS players join us this year but they were told by the Force High Performance team to play for a club closer to HQ so they could be monitored.
    Despite not having Force players available to us unlike the clubs within 20min drive of Floreat, we still managed to build our Premier Grade team through smarter recruiting and blooding our own youth players to come 3rd in last years Premier Grade competition. We have adapted and learnt to build our club as intended, as a stand alone entity responsible for its own future. Our once yearly visit from a RugbyWA development officer for a coaching course is what we get. We accept that and continue to do our own thing.

Most of the animosity on the local club threads usually stems from the issue of player poaching. The so called rich clubs buying players from the not so rich clubs.
    For the most part most clubs actually get along although it often doesnt appear that way. The other thing to remember is this is the only place the discontented can air their grievances to sympathetic ears.

There is a constant dialogue between RugbyWA and the clubs. Clubs do get a chance to have a voice at the community meetings but as with any process involving entities with only their own interests in mind, not everyone wil get what they want. The result is the endless voicing of discontent on this particular site in the hope of someone agreeing with their opinion for validation.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post

Despite not having Force players available to us unlike the clubs within 20min drive of Floreat, we still managed to build our Premier Grade team through smarter recruiting and blooding our own youth players to come 3rd in last years Premier Grade competition. We have adapted and learnt to build our club as intended, as a stand alone entity responsible for its own future. Our once yearly visit from a RugbyWA development officer for a coaching course is what we get. We accept that and continue to do our own thing.

Most of the animosity on the local club threads usually stems from the issue of player poaching. The so called rich clubs buying players from the not so rich clubs.
    For the most part most clubs actually get along although it often doesnt appear that way. The other thing to remember is this is the only place the discontented can air their grievances to sympathetic ears.

There is a constant dialogue between RugbyWA and the clubs. Clubs do get a chance to have a voice at the community meetings but as with any process involving entities with only their own interests in mind, not everyone wil get what they want. The result is the endless voicing of discontent on this particular site in the hope of someone agreeing with their opinion for validation.
    Great reply. I think you nailed the true sentiment. I try to remember back to life before Force and remember that this was the way clubs went about their business. Sure some clubs now get the benefit of Force players but look at some of their junior numbers and stuff. You can't tell me that clubs with strong juniors coming through will sustain long term and, eventually the mysterious financial benefactors in the blue ribbon either retire, die or get sick of shelling out every year. Kala was a tough club last year and hit a few opposition hard on what I assume was a tight budget like most clubs and I thought they would get to the big game. Hopefully we'll see more of that out of the hills this year?

RugbyWA make good decisions and they also make big clangers ... in the end the role of clubs is to stay internal and deal with their own issues and hope that the RugbyWA random clangers don't hit too hard. But you play the hand you're dealt and keep going and hope the force boys don't come out of the woodwork for finals

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont know if you know Perths geography Exile but Kalamunda is situated approximately 45min drive from the Floreat area where most Force trainings, meetings etc occur. Factor in peak hour traffic and it is more like a 70min drive to get from Floreat to Kalamunda. .
    I have Family in Kalamunda. My Uncle owned the Newsagents that was on the main street for 20 years. Spent half of my school holidays there. A very beautiful part of the world. One of my favorite places.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    So there

Player
    vCash
    I dont know if you know Perths geography Exile but Kalamunda is situated approximately 45min drive from the Floreat area where most Force trainings, meetings etc occur. Factor in peak hour traffic and it is more like a 70min drive to get from Floreat to Kalamunda.
    Lucky you guys are at Hartfield Park in Forrestfield and not in Kalamunda?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast