Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: should rocky mandurah merge

vCash
    Is it correct that neddies have made the finals every year for the last 30 years or whatever?
    IF it is then that is a fucking disgrace.
    Healthy competitions don't have that sort of concentration of 'good' clubs. A healthy comp is one where there is just that, a lot of competition.
    RugbyWA seems to an outsider like me to be just as parochial as the ARU with it's continual focus on the Sydney club comp.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrad View Post
    i bet you the Nedlands coach isn't looking around on a Thursday night wondering who is going to turn up to play Prems this week......
    No, he's looking over his shoulders for back-stabbers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Is it correct that neddies have made the finals every year for the last 30 years or whatever?
    Healthy competitions don't have that sort of concentration of 'good' clubs. A healthy comp is one where there is just that, a lot of competition.
    RugbyWA seems to an outsider like me to be just as parochial as the ARU with it's continual focus on the Sydney club comp.
    I wouldn't call it a disgrace. You kind of have to admire Nedlands for their ability to continually get all/most grades into the finals year after year. But what I do find a disgrace is WARUs treatment of junior clubs, their elitist attitude and this general nasty derisory attitude local rugby people have of less successful and junior clubs like Joondalup, Rockingham, Mandurah etc.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rocky moving to its new ground was good in the sense that it got great new facilities but negative in that it moved the club closer to its enemies, Sharks Rugby League and Mandurah. This opening up of teh catchment area also allowed a breakaway group from Rocky to forma new club in Kwinana.

Bit of a cock up really in hindsight and no easy solutions as I see a "rocky" road ahead for the club over the coming years.

As much as I hate to admit it I think Rockingham will be the next district club when Joondalup is let into premier grade. Not good for rugby having no premier team in the south but the current situation will force rugby wa's hands I suspect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Rocky moving to its new ground was good in the sense that it got great new facilities but negative in that it moved the club closer to its enemies, Sharks Rugby League and Mandurah. This opening up of the catchment area also allowed a breakaway group from Rocky to forma new club in Kwinana.

Bit of a cock up really in hindsight and no easy solutions as I see a "rocky" road ahead for the club over the coming years.

As much as I hate to admit it I think Rockingham will be the next district club when Joondalup is let into premier grade. Not good for rugby having no premier team in the south but the current situation will force rugby wa's hands I suspect.
    There must be plenty of players that live down that way? Something else to consider is, 10/15 years ago you could live in Rockingham or Mindarie and still play for a central Perth club, but now with traffic the way it is, it's no longer a 25min drive from Mindarie to Nedlands, more like 1hr+. And traffic will only worsen. So perhaps this will encourage people to play for their local club?

Champion
    vCash
    Be an interesting discussion at HQ tonight then. I see this subject is on the agenda once again.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    so being successful is disgraceful?
    you must be related to Karl Marx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I'm guessing he was alluding to the anti-competitive aspect of local WA rugby. It's been dominated by the same 2 or 3 clubs for 20+ years, which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when it means their success, arguably, has a detrimental effect on other clubs, then (ignoring his lack of diplomacy) perhaps he has a point. I don't subscribe to the tall pop syndrome and don't resent Nedlands success, but if their success means a club like Rockingham folds, then that is not a good thing.

Apprentice
    vCash

The Wizard of AUS!!!!

Guys get it out of your mind
    Rocky aint gonna fold
    Not No Way
    Not Ever
    Not No how.

Rocky v Joondallup ..... this weekend ....... 50 points at least

and thats a fact

vCash
    Rocky aint gonna fold
    Not No Way
    Not Ever
    Not No how.

and thats a fact
    I wasn't suggesting it was, just speaking hypothetically

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    "Be an interesting discussion at HQ tonight then. I see this subject is on the agenda once again."

Make sure Nedlands doesn't get shafted Hansie. If there has to be a sacrificial lamb then if it can't be Cott then it may as well be Rockingham.

Go Neddies.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Only if all you do to be successful is buy in players or poach players, not develop any.

Sounds very much like Nedlands, Wests, Cottesloe

vCash
    Rocky aint gonna fold
    Not No Way
    Not Ever
    Not No how.

and thats a fact
    Jarrad, I agree 100% that Rocky wont be relegated back to where they were back in the early 2000's or even fold.

But......... I don't think it's to do with how many points the 10 Premier Clubs could or would score against Joondalup, Mandurah or Southern Lions any given time this year.

It's like buying a small business, that 3 to 7 yr potential - Solid foundations with an ever expanding postcode...........How many senior players live within their postcode but are registered elsewhere?..........and so on and so forth......

As someone pointed out previousley, Rocky are affected by FIFO and Navy, so why in earth did RWA allow Kwinana a Senior team this year?

For the good of Rugby in WA, the Community need to standup against RWA, grab them by the ears and point them in the right direction, if they don't like it, skull fuk em instead..........That 20million dollar HQ is ours, the community - not the little pricks that swan around up their thinking they're god, but don't actually give a flying fuk about local rugby at all.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Only if all you do to be successful is buy in players or poach players, not develop any.

Sounds very much like Nedlands, Wests, Cottesloe
    sounds very much like tall poppy syndrome

Champion
    vCash
    As Ive said before and will say again. Where do a team like Joondalup expect to get players of Premier Grade calibre from. They must havea very wealthy benefactor who will buy in 20 or more players from overseas, eastern states or other local clubs. Even the biggest clubs cant afford to bring in a whole team (Rockingham tried a few years back and look where that left them) So that looks raiding other clubs with the cheque book and the WA competition does not have enough players for that already as we've seen displayed by the current raiders.
    Let's get real please. Another Premier Grade side is simply not viable at present.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast