Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sias Ebersohn

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Why wouldn't Quade still be being chased by the force? I would have thought that he would still be high on the agenda. As we have discovered over the last few seasons we need injury cover for all possibilities and quality proven bench players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    I think all these calls for a more than one year deal are moot aren't they?
    The recruiting protocals only ALLOW one years deals for marquee players.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Yes i think you might be right - heard something along those lines regarding Ngala

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    I think all these calls for a more than one year deal are moot aren't they?
    The recruiting protocals only ALLOW one years deals for marquee players.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Development players are meant to commit to three years of residency to allow them to be eligible for the Wallabies. Nothing has been mentioned that Sias wants to gain residency or has ambition to play for the Wallabies.

If he is just coming here to further his rugby experience then return home with the ambition to become a Springbok then he will be coming here as our marquee signing. Like WF2006 has said I think marquees can only be signed for one year.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Why wouldn't Quade still be being chased by the force? I would have thought that he would still be high on the agenda. As we have discovered over the last few seasons we need injury cover for all possibilities and quality proven bench players.
    Rationale might be that Sias is good enough to be No #1 flyhalf and maybe groom Kyle Goodwin as his back up? Would love to see the young fella given the opportunity.

Quade comes with baggage that maybe the Force dont need or cant handle at this point in time.

vCash
    Why not? I'm about to buy a new laptop. I'll send my old one back for him?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    surely he is a development player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    surely he is a development player?
    If that's so and we still want a tried and tested 10/12 marque to help develop the young blokes, perhaps Stephen Donald is worth a shot. Rumour says things are not going well at Bath and he may be looking to return to NZ. Perhaps he could be persuaded to get off the flight a few thousand K's before that. Has had a few hiccups at international level but only under the harsh marking of Headmaster Henry. He's a consistently solid performer at S15 level. He'd be ideal and still in his prime @ 28yo. I'd sign him in a minute.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    good comments shasta

this boy Ebersohn is a very good S15 player - bonus being he won't get picked for the boks

vCash
    Emberson will be a good addition to the squad, but let's hope we don't now loose Kyle Goodwin because he sees no future at the Force!

Champion
    vCash
    I'd have Godwin in before Harvey... nothing against Harvey, but he's in the team for his kicking only (IMHO) if we were to sign this SE from SAF he can kick, meaning Godwin can be our utlity player, can cover Wing > FB > #9 > possibly #10, and Harvey can then watch from the stands.

vCash
    He's here for 2 years

The Emirates Western Force recruitment drive for the 2013 FxPro season is in full swing with the signing of Cheetahs flyhalf Sias Ebersohn to the squad on a two year deal as the club’s foreign developing player.

vCash
    I'll say it again, I know its a contact sport and the career can end tomorrow, but this particular franchise has to start offering 3 year contracts as an incentive to get quality players here. The problem now is at the end of next year after only one season contract negotiations start, and if he has played well for us the jackals and vultures will start dniffing around

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I'll say it again, I know its a contact sport and the career can end tomorrow, but this particular franchise has to start offering 3 year contracts as an incentive to get quality players here. The problem now is at the end of next year after only one season contract negotiations start, and if he has played well for us the jackals and vultures will start dniffing around
    I don't think that's going to happen Bison, I remember Vern talking about 1 year deals becoming the norm for us. I guess it makes sense, if a player is reluctant to leave home but confident on their skills they might take a 1 year to drive up their price in the market.

Either way, I don't care whether it's 1 year or 8 we need to get some good, consistent inside backs in the squad. They then need to be given a gameplan which will score some points

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Watched Eberson play quite a few times-terrific player.Brings more to the table overall than Peter Grant-I'm well pleased.Congrats to the bozos that run the Force.Finally a very positive step in the right direction.Now get us a coach and a halfback to bring out the best in him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast