Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Force misses out as ARU forms secret comp

vCash
    Do they play in Tasmania?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by normie; 24-11-10 at 20:45.

Apprentice Contributor Big Boots's Avatar
    vCash
    Sitting back and watching this shit leads me to make these comments.

I don't care who organised this new comp, but it sure as shit doesn't look like it was the PI nations, when it came up at a Super 15 meeting as per Stooks comments quoted directly.

The crux of the anger in the West seems to be the inequitable distrubution of ARU funds.

If the ARU is going to deem that most of the up and coming Super Rugby players are going to come from NSW and QLD and direct almost all of the Premier Rugby funding in that direction then when players from those state CHOOSE to play for the ACT or REBELS or FORCE then those other states need to STFU about poaching and the like.

The reality of the 4th and 5th teams in Australia was primarlily to get a bigger slice of the TV rights bikkie. Expanding the player base and making sure Australian players didn't have to go overseas was the 2nd and 3rd priority.

There was nothing about the 4th franchises being financially independant, that only came into being when JON got back in the seat and Melbourne was the 5th candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i wouldn't have a curry cup team in there, The Baa-Baas would be a little hard as they who would be playing? and then also paying for them?

I think the Asian Sides, the winning premiership side, and the academy side would be the way to go.

So,
    • Rebels
    • Force
    • RWA premiership Winner (or perhaps Central Australia??)
    • Asia 1
    • Asia 2
    • Asia 3

Would be cool for a club to play towards a spot in an international competition...

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Also, with getting the grade comp together, you could also give each team a club, where they would train together, that way the boys get some really good training, and the international teams get some blokes to run against.
    Yeah, I wasn't too clear on the Baa-Baas point. I was thinking more of an All Star combo, a Baa-Baa-like combo, rather than The Barbarians. A scratch team with a few names, a couple of old stagers, couple of prospects and a couple of fellas from Grade.

Currie Cup - keep the Saffers onboard, keep the Perth-based Saffers onboard, and a chance to do some recruiting in our own backyard

vCash
    RSA is the recruiting ground WA should go after.
    RSA is a superpower but it is also a sleeping giant. The frustration for the southern African nation is it can only field 22 players in its national team. Competition for places is intense. There are and will always be a lot of players that have the talent and ambition and skill who will never play in the jersey. The opportunity just won't come for a variety of reasons.
    RSA (and I mean this respectfully) has many internal problems with rising social unrest and political dramas. A lot of our rugby following brethren may like the opportunity to start a life in WA.

The Force can surely see this opportunity????????????????????????????????

Our academy side should be involved in RSA playing against very talented young teams. This interraction may open doors for some young African players to jump ship should they desire. It's a recruiters dream.

Also, the South African women are stunning.......and they have really sexy accents. They should be encouraged to breed freely with our own rugby players. We'll build a rugby state from the ground up.

Why are we taking boatloads of people that want to blow up our country and telling all those hot blonde African women that they can't come to Australia? Some seriously screwed immigration policy.

Sack Gillard now!

Controversy corner

vCash
    Wow someone that finds the SA accent sexy!.. Even I dont like it haha... But youre right it is a huge resource and the gafl seem to have caught on .. Come on ARU get with the program!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Solid first up attempt. More Asian nations, I'd reckon. They are desperate for game time and we'd be doing ourselves a favour in the long-run, knowing that Singapore, for example, is four hours away, ie - closer than Brisbane.
    How would this be paid for? Cost-benefit?

What a fantastic way to grow the game overseas -- having the visiting teams flogged 100-0.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbear-53 View Post
    WTF this is just a similar repeat of what the eastern states did to the Western Reds a few years back, We should keep all our mining money etc in WA and stuff them.
    WE will JUST HAVE TO SMASH THEM DURING THE SEASON

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Yeah Qld is the right place for you TOCC and you know why qlders call their beer 4x, they cant spell shit
    What you all forget is that NSW and QLD rugby are on life-support. If it goes under, the whole of rugby in Australia goes under. Look at the size of the respective local comps. I'm not talking about your premier comps -- each state's premier comps are similar in size. Does Perth have a suburban comp under this with 6 divisions of ~ 8 clubs in each, with minimum requirement of eg 4 teams in 3rd division? WA doesn't deserve the funding. Just like the distribution of tax dollars in Australia, it's representative of the population spread.

Having said that, WA has higher participation that VIC and is probably more deserving. This is probably more RugbyWAs incompetance than ARU bias.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    :seal clap:... Yeah mate, you deserve heaps of respect yourself, sitting on a computer behind a pseudo personality trying to sound intelligent and macho...
    Psted via Mobile Device

A little precious aren't we.....btw, I'm easily found!

Just happy to be here

Veteran
    vCash
    -- each state's premier comps are similar in size. Does Perth have a suburban comp under this with 6 divisions of ~ 8 clubs in each, with minimum requirement of eg 4 teams in 3rd division? WA doesn't deserve the funding. Just like the distribution of tax dollars in Australia, it's representative of the population spread.

Having said that, WA has higher participation that VIC and is probably more deserving. This is probably more RugbyWAs incompetance than ARU bias.
    no, but there is 4-5 grades each with approx 8 teams...

therefore, lets get a more equitable share so that should the two life support places go under rugby in Australia isn't rooted... Wow, who would have thought that if you spread the talent around Australia, you make it more resistant to problems... (oh plus other benefits of growing the game in those states...)

please go work out how many dollars per player in the east, then do the same over here. i'd like to see your population spread comment qualified.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AC2089 View Post
    What you all forget is that NSW and QLD rugby are on life-support. If it goes under, the whole of rugby in Australia goes under. Look at the size of the respective local comps. I'm not talking about your premier comps -- each state's premier comps are similar in size. Does Perth have a suburban comp under this with 6 divisions of ~ 8 clubs in each, with minimum requirement of eg 4 teams in 3rd division? WA doesn't deserve the funding. Just like the distribution of tax dollars in Australia, it's representative of the population spread.

You are a tool.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I'm easily found!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AC2089 View Post
    How would this be paid for? Cost-benefit?

What a fantastic way to grow the game overseas -- having the visiting teams flogged 100-0.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Japan (IRB ranking 13) would very competitive against all comers. Hong Kong (IRB ranking 34) would be competitive against the Seconds. On recent form, Singapore (IRB ranking 51) would struggle. They have been stronger but are currently in the middle of a race-related selection ding-dong.

Off the track, all three Unions have money (Sg - government funding, Jp - corporate, HK - the Sevens cash-cow). There would be no drama in covering costs - particularly if you get the timing right around their current Asian commitments.

Expenses to Rugby WA - Members Equity for seven nights, accommodation, medical and insurance.

Rex is right about the SA teams - that's a no-brainer.

Benefits: The Asian Unions have money and in Japan's case they've got untapped player reserves.

It's got to be about developing the Force over the long haul with money from Asia (there's a reason why the Force advertises on Aussie Network in Asia) and players from SA.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I seem to vaguely recall pre team naming that RWA was doing quite a bit of work with SA, including having had a serious number of young players lined up to emigrate to Perth.
    It all went cold but there was definately a couple of articles on it on here in the early days.

I agree, TEF is a real shrinking violet, certainly isn't macho and adds nothing to this site at all...
    Might pay to do a little research before anonymously bagging locals from behind a computer on the other side of the country TOCC.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Badly

eg. 2008
    Adelaide Black Falcons 45 - Tasmanian Jack Jumpers 0

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Banjo yes - Rugby no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    Banjo yes
    The dueling kind.

That'll do me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast