Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turner Has Signed for 2 Years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post

It will be a good test to see him perform against Sarel Pretorius of the Cheetahs Sarel is really mobile from set pieces and if there is a loose ball lying around Sarel will get to it before the loose forwards.
    well he failed the test against Sarel Pretorius. Pretorius was all over JT actually he was all over the Force!!!

JT will be back and will be better after this lesson in half back play

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    He was certainly given a great example to model himself on! I'd love to see any Australian scrumhalf applying that much pressure and being that big a pest.

vCash
    Sarel was outstanding... I dont believe however that he should have been allowed his try as he knocked the ball forwards out of JT's hands.
    The first try was a forward pass as well...

Cheetahs deserved the win as they took their opportunities well and Sarel was a menace everywhere.

Heres a question to the refs out there... I saw a couple of penalties against the Force where the player was not coming through the gate.. when on replay its very clear that he had come from an on-side position over the top of the tackled players legs..

how are the refs defining "the gate"? From the coaching course we did with RugbyWA we were told "the gate" was the width of the tackled player so if he has fallen across-field then his whole body is the gate.. if he has fallen longways then the gate is the width laterally of his body.

some clarity from anyone?

vCash
    Also the kick and chase try by the cheetah winger was chased from in front of the kicker but yea that is rugby the Force did not deserved to win The forwards did enough but the backs was shocking

Champion
    vCash
    PB do u rate Inman?

vCash
    Inman was my pick of the backs this week, he made some serious yards with like 4 people hanging off him and always looked threatening. Sheps also played well with what limited pill he got and OConnor had his moments but decision making in offloads and tactical kicking let him down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    PB do u rate Inman?
    Yes I am a fan of big 13's and will even play him at 12 in stead of Cross but he still have a lot of work to do before he will play for the Wallabies. He is big enough and strong as an ox but he should do a hell of a lot more speed work in the of season and must go to bed with a rugby ball every night, that will help in him not knocking the ball so often LOL

The Force definitely have to hold on to him, it takes years to develop a decent 12/13 player and they get better the older they get. Just look at Mortlock 32 , Jacques Fourie 27 (Stormers)
    By the way Mitch, Mortlock, Fourie is almost identically build

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    ........... must go to bed with a rugby ball every night, that will help in him not knocking the ball so often LOL
    My son believes in sleeping with a rugby ball

vCash
    Oh he's gonna love you once he sees that

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That'll look good on the 21st birthday photo wall

Turner got a master class in how to treat a first time starting young Scrumhalf, top marks to Pretorius.

Inman has the goods, just needs a little more maturing. I actually believe he would be a better player as the dominant partner of a Centre pairing, I think he is being stymied by Cross not feeding him. He is far FAR better in contact and ball retention than Cross and seems to be making better meters each match too.
    Probably a future of #12 O'Connor #13 Inman is pretty promising either in '11 or '12.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Oh my god, what happened to Justin Turner last night, that would have to be one of he worst performances by a half back I have ever seen, I was worried every time he was at the back of the ruck. To drop Sheehan if he wasn't injured and put Turner in, and for him to perform like that, I think John Mitchell has to take some of the flak for it. Its quite obvious he is not up to starting at Super 14 rugby yet. If Sheehan was there I'm sure he would not have done all those errors and the Force would have been in the match, with the season the Force have had why would he start Turner, I'm hoping Turner will be dropped for next, at least on that performance he deserves to be dropped.
    I thought Mitch Inman played quite well as he did last week but I don't think Cross is a 12.
    I felt sorry for the bench coming on when the Force had already lost with a bonus point with Charles (great chase) McCalman and Harris all performing well.
    Watched Southern District play Randwick at Coogee oval yesterday and Tatupu played all over Gene Fairbanks. To read the Force are looking at Gene Fairbanks is a worry, he offered nothing the whole match.
    Stefano Hunt playing for the Rebels played 6 minutes..

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    Oh my god, what happened to Justin Turner last night, that would have to be one of he worst performances by a half back I have ever seen, I was worried every time he was at the back of the ruck. To drop Sheehan if he wasn't injured and put Turner in, and for him to perform like that, I think John Mitchell has to take some of the flak for it. Its quite obvious he is not up to starting at Super 14 rugby yet. If Sheehan was there I'm sure he would not have done all those errors and the Force would have been in the match, with the season the Force have had why would he start Turner, I'm hoping Turner will be dropped for next, at least on that performance he deserves to be dropped.
    I thought Mitch Inman played quite well as he did last week but I don't think Cross is a 12.
    I felt sorry for the bench coming on when the Force had already lost with a bonus point with Charles (great chase) McCalman and Harris all performing well.
    Watched Southern District play Randwick at Coogee oval yesterday and Tatupu played all over Gene Fairbanks. To read the Force are looking at Gene Fairbanks is a worry, he offered nothing the whole match.
    Stefano Hunt playing for the Rebels played 6 minutes..
    Great update, was the EWF looking at FAIRBANKS...backwards step, too old... Rebels who are they excuse my lack of knowledge

Rookie
    vCash
    The Rebels are Southern Districts in the Sydney club rugby competition. I don't know why he went there because at his age he needs as much rugby as possible and with the team they have he will be playing reserve grade and coming off the bench in first grade for most of the season. There is probably only one reason why he went there... He should have gone to Gordon with Turner, Whittaker, Haylett-Pety because he would have had a better chance of playing first grade.
    Yeah Gene Fairbanks was pretty ordinary on Saturday , I'm not sure why the Force are looking at him, Josh Tatupu played much better than him.
    I hope in the final match Whittaker starts at 2, McCalman starts at 5, Sheehan starts at 9, Harris starts at 12 with Charles, Hockings, Turner dropped from the match all together and Cross on the bench. I reckon Inman would get alot more ball with Harris at 12 than he does with Cross at 12 but what do I know because I said Inman was quite poor earlier in the season and his form in the last month has been the best of any back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    If Sheehan was there I'm sure he would not have done all those errors and the Force would have been in the match, with the season the Force have had why would he start Turner, I'm hoping Turner will be dropped for next, at least on that performance he deserves to be dropped.
    I posted on here that starting Turner was a worry and questioned whether anyone knew if Sheehan was injured or not. There has not been a word in the press about that. But I doubt Mitch will drop Turner. He's inexperienced but has heaps of promise. The coach has a great record of persevering with young players, rather than smashing their confidence by dropping them immediately they have an off day. More likely that Sheehan will start if OK, if not then CO'Y, with Turner from the bench in either case.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Agree Shasta. Turner has loads of talent, but no experience, and is still very young. If he was to be dropped all together, then it might really smash his confidence and that will set him back.
    Mitch has looked ahead with young talent and allowed it to grow - he threw JOC, Pocock, McCalman, Whittaker, Charles and Inman into the fray early on, and they have all been successful.

Champion
    vCash
    I will be glad when the season is over for the force........ it so fustraating and all over the place roll on the tri nations. The wallaby lineup will be very interesting esp aganist the poms etc I reckon Rocky will get the chop for the initial games and Sharpie will lead the team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2