Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: So where will you be sitting in 2010?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewoof View Post
    Sim view to this, SS6 row A I think
    I'm a regular at MES already, just the opposite end of the ground

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Isn't that the alcohol free area
    It is, and for the Rugby it currently is in the Alcohol Free Area. Had a read through the renewal pack yesterday and I believe there is an application to have the Alcohol Free area reduced in progress

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    it is still alcohol free at the moment, but a submission is before liquor and gaming to have it changed....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Finally got my membership renewal yesterday being a Nickel membership holder.

I am towards the front of SS7
    Crap, will probably be next to you..easy on the language Jargs or Little Miss KQ might just have to tell you to STFU

It IS for the Soccer [Family Stand], but maybe not rugby......

eddie
    In line with Coach's comment, we've been given 3 options - 1. Stay where we are; 2. Change to Standing membership; 3. Be placed on the Gold/Silver waiting list (and cough up the extra should a sit be assigned).

Personally, I'm staying put along with Little Miss KQ and others in my membership group. I think we're still getting good value for money (approx $29/game) and at the end of the day, I'd rather be at MES watching the Force than at home wishing I was at the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I used to do that till the gentleman behind me politely requested I stop....
    I had that once with some yuppy chick who obviously borrowed a member's ticket, she couldn't get up because she was going to spill her chardonnay and canapes.

I politely told her

"Looks like you've got the wrong seat doesn't it darling"

seemed to work

C'mon the

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    EE6 F 16....anybody happen to know which way the seats are numbered in the blocks, i.e. are they all from the centre out or clockwise or what?

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    EE6 F 16....anybody happen to know which way the seats are numbered in the blocks, i.e. are they all from the centre out or clockwise or what?
    start at the end of the block nearest the standing area ie northern end is 1, increasing numbers as you go to the south

which by the way means you'll be sitting just about right next to me (EE7 G1&2). Which is bl@@dy good given you only became a diamond member last year !! Just don't shout whilst you're eating

Last edited by Blackswan; 08-12-09 at 14:27.

vCash
    Crap, at Subi it was the other way round where I was, that makes my seats about 20M worse than I was expecting

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Still pretty happy but!!!!!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Whoah! See what you mean about the bad seats.

I can assure you that NO Emirates Western Force Members will be issued those seat that have a slighly obstructed view.

I can also tell you that in most seating catagories the allocation of seats came down to about 10 or so spare in each section and I think it was iron only had one single seat spare!

From what I understand the Corporate's have been VERY understanding and have been very accomodating with the relocation of their seats, some even opting for standing room to assit the situation

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 08-12-09 at 14:31.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I can assure you that NO Emirates Western Force Members will be issued those seat that have a slighly obstructed view.
    That's correct.

Discussion last week with RWA highlighted the fact that the Glory don't sell the first two rows as premium seats because of the handrailing and RWA have decided that the third row will be players/wives/etc in EE7 and EE8. These two blocks have been adjudged by RWA to be the best in the east side. That means that Diamond members in EE7 and EE8 are seated from row D and upwards.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    From what I understand the Corporate's have been VERY understanding and have been very accomodating with the relocation of their seats, some even opting for standing room to assit the situation
    And you can probably bet on those folk being the ones that are actually there to watch the game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    start at the end of the block nearest the standing area ie northern end is 1, increasing numbers as you go to the south

which by the way means you'll be sitting just about right next to me (EE7 G1&2). Which is bl@@dy good given you only became a diamond member last year !! Just don't shout whilst you're eating
    Not quite right. From the south they number 1 - 16 towards the North. I'm in EEE8 seat 6 and would be much happier if it was the other way around. Those at the LAST EE row, will find that seat 16 is often the seat at the end of the isle between the two blocks.

Eddie

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I can also tell you that in most seating catagories the allocation of seats came down to about 10 or so spare in each section and I think it was iron only had one single seat spare!

In which case I am impressed. Also, I hope for the sake of all those in the first 9 or so rows of the bottom tiers, that there is NO advertising hoarding between them and the touchline, as there is for Glory games, as the view of the touchline is totally obstructed. I hope if they MUST advertise, then they go the way of the League's last game where they had that electronic scrolling thingy (Like at Subi, which I hated) right on the stand fence.

eddie

vCash
    Not quite right. From the south they number 1 - 16 towards the North. I'm in EEE8 seat 6 and would be much happier if it was the other way around. Those at the LAST EE row, will find that seat 16 is often the seat at the end of the isle between the two blocks.
    so those that are south of the half way line have seat numbers running in the opposite direction to those sitting to the north of the half way line .................

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    so those that are south of the half way line have seat numbers running in the opposite direction to those sitting to the north of the half way line .................
    I believe so. If I'm wrong I'm in a better seat. But I did check them out at the weekend....ummmm, errrr, I think!

:-\

Eddie

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I've an idea Subi does that too...numbers away from the nominal centreline.

vCash
    I believe so. If I'm wrong I'm in a better seat. But I did check them out at the weekend....ummmm, errrr, I think!

:-\

Eddie
    Have just spotted this pic of mine, taken from around EE3 below the new stand, as you can see, seat 16 is to the NORTH, towards the shed, even though the block is also north of the centre.

eddie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast