Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hurricanes to play Force

vCash
    Force wil give it a good crack, i'm worried that with all our injuries we may be lacking a bit, but the head said we would struggle last week but the boys lifted and did brilliantly (my heart always screams GO THE )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    every time we've lost at home this year ive had a bad feeling in the run up to the game, last week i knew we would win...
    and dont quote me on this but i have a good feeling about this weekend!

vCash
    i won't be quoting anyone, hope your feeling is on the money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Talk about David & Goliath, we have a chance, there is always a chance, but it would be the mother of all upsets for mine.
    I can forgive your ignorance Burgs, You've been living the life jetlagged and probably not had a stack of chance to follow the team too closely this season, but this is exactly the match they will win this season. A bit like the 'Canes ironically, we've been winning the ones we are expected to lose and vice versa.

On the strength of that and Wellington's massive favouritism I call our boys with EVERY chance of pulling this off.......This year if the head says no...listen to your heart, if the head says yes.....bet on the other horse!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    They have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.
    I think this is the key thing that "may" get us home, if anything.
    Letting the kids loose without expectation.
    However, with that said Mitch is still refering to every match being a "must win" so that freedom may not be seen until next weekend.
    Before kick off last week someone in the Bar line asked the old "so how you reckon they'll go" chat line. I reckoned then that it was just one of those matches that could see an upset and we scrape home but otherwise it would be a blowout.
    Despite GIGS' highbrow analysis on backing '08 matches I think I'll stick with "slim to none" this week.
    Mutliple limbs crossed for a more favourable outcome none the less

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Why is the bloody game so early, people have to work god dammit!

Champion
    vCash
    I guess it's not so early in NZ!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I think this is the key thing that "may" get us home, if anything.
    Letting the kids loose without expectation.
    However, with that said Mitch is still refering to every match being a "must win" so that freedom may not be seen until next weekend.
    Before kick off last week someone in the Bar line asked the old "so how you reckon they'll go" chat line. I reckoned then that it was just one of those matches that could see an upset and we scrape home but otherwise it would be a blowout.
    Despite GIGS' highbrow analysis on backing '08 matches I think I'll stick with "slim to none" this week.
    Mutliple limbs crossed for a more favourable outcome none the less
    Mate, what I was saying was, "slim to none" is what's been getting us over the line........Throw the form guide away, it means jack for the 2008

C'mon the

vCash
    good old NZ being 4 hours in front of Perth, i sure am glad my boss is a sports fan as well (albeit a Collingwood supporter)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I guess it's not so early in NZ!
    The break away Australian state needs to get it into thier heads they have to do it our way or the highway! And for that matter so do the Eastern states and South Africa. 7pm Saturday night games all around!

vCash
    What a task!

We might not have the biggest most experienced team going in to this but we sure do have a whole lot of heart & I think because the boys have nothing to lose, they will have truck loads of determination. I think it will be a close game but they will go for the full 80 minutes and then some (as we know too well the game can be won after the siren ) Go the !!

vCash
    Going back to the JO'C/Nonu match up..big ask from the boy and my fear is that if he doesn't get his tackles in early in the game, will see both Gits and Josh shifting to cover two players each in the backline--Ripia and Nonu for Gits, Smith and Nonu for Josh.

The challenge then would be on the forwards to put pressure and distabilize the 'Canes set pieces. We haven't really seen this happen for most of the season so wouldn't put money on their chances.

Other issue for us is the number of free kicks we've given away this season. I can visualise a hard running Nonu or So'oialo making huge ground from these, so we need a huge amounts of discipline and support to protect the tackled ball.

There is plenty to lose from this game. Not only do we need to preserve our slim hopes but also need to recover confidence within the team and the WA (rugby)community and finally (desperately) need to finish on a positive.

vCash
    Being a big critic of paying "under age" players I was watching the backline against the Chiefs with an hawk eye so that I could say: " I told you so" Well I was really surprised at how well the backline defended whilst protecting JO'C. Most of the Chiefs attack was aimed at JO'C and it failed miserably. Also the Chiefs defence were so busy watching Gits and JO'C that they actually created holes everywhere else. I am sure that the coaching staff would have noticed this and will be waiting for the canes to maker the same error

So if this is anything to go by then we might just be in for a brilliant game

vCash
    Yes Burgs that is probably what I was saying if you read between the lines, slim to no chance. When I say that they turn around and win against the odds. I have no pretence about being a pundit just going on what happens everytime I say the Force will win no doubt about it. Yeah right!! Luck to the boys I trust they put up a great show and whatever the outcome I will be at Subiaco th efollowing week to cheer them on.

vCash
    You make my point for me Elf

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2