Stanford
    HOD'S
    POCOCK
    SHARPIE
    wylkes
    HENDERSON
    PEK
    FAIBROTHER

Res: lONGBOTTOM.Sheehan.WHITTAKER.Mccalman,Inman, Rapana.

Gee I hope Bart is back and that Browny and Sheps are ok but....... doesnt sound good

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Righto, I've moped long enough over result that was fairly inevitable given the withdrawals in the preceding week.

So, here's what I would do with next match.

We don't have the depth to fully drop Harris and Tatupu otherwise they would be gone, so they are to the Bench.

I can't allow both Hunt and O'Connor to face the hulking presence of the Hurricanes, with the greatest respect to their talents and heart, they would be in an ambulance together with the scoreboard attendant.

Hunt comes in to debut, with the proviso that all you doomsayers don't expect him to perform miracles, he is just a kid and way out on an experience limb. Two weeks ago he wouln't have even been expecting a match this season.

Cross needs to step up to the plate, as Mortlock had to at the Brumbies last year, and prove that he is now a senior Wallaby and Forceman. He played #12 very competently for Australia A a couple of seasons ago and he is no longer a follower in the Squad.

This combination gives Hunt some cover and experience outside of him and JO'C behind him to come in as required for phase ball &/or kicking.

Inman has the resume` and pedigree to handle #13 and we could certainly do with his physical presence there as well.

Haylett-Petty needs three hours a day defusing bombs.

In the Forwards there was far more right than wrong against the Brumbies so it is more about injury than panic there.

The Frontrow is unchanged.

I am convinced that Hockings is our best Lock option after Sharpey and he should be in #4 unless injured. If he is injured then as for last week, #4 Wykes, #18 Stanford.

With Brown out I am going for the least disruption by selecting McCalman at #8 rather than #6 and giving Manu his big chance to hit some hard headed Hurricanes off the Bench. This would preferably be in a couple of short blood bin replacements first before being subbed on around the 70.

In my mind this is a combination that can minimise a disaster and would probably have covered the Brumbies, good old 20/20 hindsight.

Burgs' XV for the Hurricanes:

1 Dunning
    2 Cowan
    3 Fairbrother
    4 Hockings
    5 Sharpe
    6 Hodgson
    7 Pocock
    8 McCalman

9 Sheehan
    10 Hunt
    11 Sare
    12 Cross
    13 Inman
    14 Haylett-Petty
    15 O'Connor

16 Whittaker
    17 Henderson
    18 Wykes
    19 Manu
    20 O'Young
    21 Harris
    22 Rapana

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Good thoughts Burgs....I'd worry about Sare and DHP, but who else is there?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Righto, I've moped long enough over result that was fairly inevitable given the withdrawals in the preceding week.

So, here's what I would do with next match.

We don't have the depth to fully drop Harris and Tatupu otherwise they would be gone, so they are to the Bench.

I can't allow both Hunt and O'Connor to face the hulking presence of the Hurricanes, with the greatest respect to their talents and heart, they would be in an ambulance together with the scoreboard attendant.

Hunt comes in to debut, with the proviso that all you doomsayers don't expect him to perform miracles, he is just a kid and way out on an experience limb. Two weeks ago he wouln't have even been expecting a match this season.

Cross needs to step up to the plate, as Mortlock had to at the Brumbies last year, and prove that he is now a senior Wallaby and Forceman. He played #12 very competently for Australia A a couple of seasons ago and he is no longer a follower in the Squad.

This combination gives Hunt some cover and experience outside of him and JO'C behind him to come in as required for phase ball &/or kicking.

Inman has the resume` and pedigree to handle #13 and we could certainly do with his physical presence there as well.

Haylett-Petty needs three hours a day defusing bombs.

In the Forwards there was far more right than wrong against the Brumbies so it is more about injury than panic there.

The Frontrow is unchanged.

I am convinced that Hockings is our best Lock option after Sharpey and he should be in #4 unless injured. If he is injured then as for last week, #4 Wykes, #18 Stanford.

With Brown out I am going for the least disruption by selecting McCalman at #8 rather than #6 and giving Manu his big chance to hit some hard headed Hurricanes off the Bench. This would preferably be in a couple of short blood bin replacements first before being subbed on around the 70.

In my mind this is a combination that can minimise a disaster and would probably have covered the Brumbies, good old 20/20 hindsight.

Burgs' XV for the Hurricanes:

1 Dunning
    2 Cowan
    3 Fairbrother
    4 Hockings
    5 Sharpe
    6 Hodgson
    7 Pocock
    8 McCalman

9 Sheehan
    10 Hunt
    11 Sare
    12 Cross
    13 Inman
    14 Haylett-Petty
    15 O'Connor

16 Whittaker
    17 Henderson
    18 Wykes
    19 Manu
    20 O'Young
    21 Harris
    22 Rapana
    We are getting closer I think... yeh not too sure about Hoskings I would like to see Stanford in at lock to give the pack more mobility and run the Canes off their feet (somehow). Dunning was pulled Henderson played well I thought

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    We are getting closer I think... yeh not too sure about Hoskings I would like to see Stanford in at lock to give the pack more mobility and run the Canes off their feet (somehow). Dunning was pulled Henderson played well I thought
    Crossy is hurt and he cant kick JOC in at 12 to help with the line kicking. DHP in at 15?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Good thoughts Burgs....I'd worry about Sare and DHP, but who else is there?
    Call the match committee…

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dunnning gave that early penalty which was for backchatting earlier rather than the incident, that was clearly obvious and commented on in commentary.
    About three scrums later Walsh was heard discussing it with him and clearing the air, there were no major issues after that.
    Pre match there was some discussion here that Dunning would be off early and then be back on (or at least available to be) late in the match, there was no surprise when he was "dragged".
    Not convinced on Stanford, haven't seen a match yet that he has given me a "wow!" moment where as Hockings often does. He may be ready to this season so you may be right. The three of them are all pretty evenly matched on fors and againsts. Hockings does bring a great option to the lineout though and is a better scrummager.
    Agreed with your comment and question/answer re Sare and DHP Gigs

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    DHP is meant to be a Fullback but on Friday he has a huge amount to do on his high ball catching, therwise he would be peppered all night.
    How injured is Cross, is he out or just carrying?
    The duel kicker/playmaker is a modern luxury, plenty of teams get by on the conventional kickers at #10 and #15 and again, I just can't see anything but tears with two inexperienced bantamweights at #10-#12.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Call the match committee
    Can't, the Brumbies recruited them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Team for the Cannes
    DHP
    SARE
    Tatapu (Cummins if fit??)
    CROSSY
    JOC
    HUNT
    O YOUNG
    Stanford
    HOD'S
    POCOCK
    SHARPIE
    wylkes
    HENDERSON
    PEK
    FAIBROTHER

Res: lONGBOTTOM.Sheehan.WHITTAKER.Mccalman,Inman, Rapana.

Gee I hope Bart is back and that Browny and Sheps are ok but....... doesnt sound good
    Pretty good, but I prefer HOSKING to WYLKES....

vCash
    Hare will be a lot more comfortable having had a game on his ankle (remember this game was his first fully fit) and away from Perth doomsayers I reckon he'll step up easier at least he won't have the shock he did last week

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Champion
    vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Hare will be a lot more comfortable having had a game on his ankle (remember this game was his first fully fit) and away from Perth doomsayers I reckon he'll step up easier at least he won't have the shock he did last week
    i FEEL FOR THE LADS........ sheps must be ready to call it quit's!!! poor guy

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    You've gotta move DHP to 15 and JOC to 10. Just have to. We have a good enough pack, like last year, to put the Hurricanes forwards on the ropes but we need a zipper to use the ball quickly forget JOC's lack of space if we get quick ball and he distributes it quickly the guys outside will still be hard to stop. DHP is a long-term 15 for the Force so get him in there and see how he goes. Rapana on the other wing and Inman in for Cross.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Can't, the Brumbies recruited them.
    He is still in Perth until Wednesday... so call... but refer to him Mr Match Committee...

vCash
    What is with all the doom and gloom on this site. I am getting rather annoyed.

I, together with many others of you were at ME Bank on Friday night, our boys played their hearts out, the skill level may not have been at the top level, but there was nothing wrong with their committment which has gone missing at times in the past.

Sitting so close to action made it a magical night of rugby, after long distance viewing we had at Subi.

Prior to this match the general feel on this site seemed to be that we were heading for a mid table finish, and with due respect we are still on course for that.

The Force, John Mitchell, the coaching staff ect could not forsee the future and have to deal with the cards they have been dealt. They all gave it theuir best shot.

We have to realise there is not much to attract the top players here as the east coast offers a lot more than we can, which means we are unlikley to become the best rugby team in australia with so many obstaicles in our way. We need to be grateful to the players that have made this place their 'home away from home" and start showing them respect they deserve and supporting them through good times and bad times.

From myself and hope many others of you out there, I say to those players that took to the battle field for us on Friday night, Cheers, and a big thank you from someone who is only too grateful to see super 14 rugby in Perth "LIVE and REAL". Thanks and keep your chins up and keeping plugging away, it is not the result but the spirit in which the game is played that is important.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Call the match committee…
    He's in Canberra now, got homesick I heard

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast