Thread: Sam Burgess Reported to Have Signed Rugby Deal

vCash

Sam Burgess Reported to Have Signed Rugby Deal

This bloke could be a devestating 6, 8 or possibly a centre. We'll see next year apparently.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-0...?section=sport

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    lol@souffs

vCash
    I have my doubts about him as a rugby player.

Their is no doubting his skill in League but I don’t think he has the same skill type as SBW so would struggle as a back and as a flanker he wont have that skill at the break down nor the space he has in league to get a head of steam up after the play the ball.

But good luck to him will be interesting to see how he goes.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    B
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I have my doubts about him as a rugby player.

Their is no doubting his skill in League but I don’t think he has the same skill type as SBW so would struggle as a back and as a flanker he wont have that skill at the break down nor the space he has in league to get a head of steam up after the play the ball.

But good luck to him will be interesting to see how he goes.

What did you think/say about Folau, SBW at the time?

Heard Michael Cheika interviewed yesterday. He said he had no doubts but admitted he's a South's tragic.

Same old, same old.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    B

What did you think/say about Folau, SBW at the time?

Heard Michael Cheika interviewed yesterday. He said he had no doubts but admitted he's a South's tragic.

Same old, same old.
    Izzy was always going to be a top rugby player his work in League under the high ball was top notch so adapting to a back 3 position wouldn’t be that hard. I doubt he would have the same impact he has had in be was in the centres some of his defensive reads early on in the season where very questionable so 15 is his position IMO.

One thing SBW and Izzy both has over Burgess is pace, remember SWB played on the wing when he started out and even a couple of games on the Wing for the All Blacks I cant see Burgess on the wing. SBW is now a very very good rugby player but remember he struggled for more than a few years to adapted even still he hadn’t locked down the All Black # 12 when it looked like he might he left…

It’s a hard thing for a League player to come to union as a forward the only real top notch one I can think of is Thorn and he was just a freak. Nothing to say Burgess wont be good or great but if he is to be a back I think he will struggle (like SBW did for a few season at 12) with his lack of pass and ball playing ability and if he is to be a forward is 12 months enough for him to learn and be considered a international 6/8?

Also if he does slot in as a flanker England will then struggle in the line out. Vunapola at 8 isn’t an option Robshaw is a Hodgson type can jump but as a last option which only leaves the 2 locks.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Gotta wonder what the old Northern Leaguies think of so many of their "born and raiseds" going over to join the "fascists down south!" A few of the northerners I know would barrack for whoever the England union team was playing against. The union team was the only England sports team they wouldn't support.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Too slow to be a back & limited skillset. Would make a good no8 or flanker if he picked up the rules quick enough.