Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ideal team for this years Super 14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead
    There is plenty of talk on here about the backs. The Force is overflowing with speed and skill in the backs this year. It is mouth watering.
    The game is won up front. The tight five is where we have to aim up and the backrow has to be dominant at the breakdown. Last year we were murdered at the breakdown. Will this improve? I am looking forward to seeing Takiari up front. We have two wallaby hookers. I like Angus Scott. He's 'ard. I personally think he is very under rated. He held his own against every opponent last season at scrum time. He can also play both sides of the scrum.The Force did not struggle in the scrum last season. I was disturbed to lose Dave Fitter. Mitchell thought he was lazy about the paddock but that boy could scrummage. The Force were dominating at scrum time towards the end of the season. I had drool running down my chin

One hundred percent agree with you on this one chiselhead, even to the drool running down my chin, but that may have also been a result of too much alcohol as well...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    well at least with all the different line ups we have come up with someone is sure to get it right maybe we should bet on the lineups ppl have made?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I agree with you chiselhead, I reckon we will be seeing 1. Scott and 3. Takiari as the first pick Props this season.
    Hardy is reportedly still on the outer and he will be faced with the rapid rise of Pek Cowan to maintain his spot in the 22. AJ Whalley isn't getting any smaller either and can play on both sides so factors in as a valuable Bench option.
    Interstingly for Hardy, by my memory, he has never started on the bench, he has either been #1 or left out all together.
    Word on the street (from a pretty reliable source) is that only one of the two Wallaby Hookers will be selected per match, so we will probably be seeing a rotation of McIsaac-Holmes and Cannon-Holmes for much of the season.
    As neither of McIsaac or Cannon are that young, I don't see this as a bad thing and if Mitch didn't/doesn't think that Holmes is up to it then he won't do it.
    Our Lock depth starts the year pretty thin with the injury to O'Connor however, surely Rudi has earnt an injury free season?!
    Personally I favour Pusey for his ability in the lineout and around the field however I think Vedelago will still be first pick if fit.
    Also probably about time to see a little return on investment from Matt Windle as only one of two Forwards from last years list (with Whalley) yet to play S14. Perhaps we will see some bench time from him as he can cover #4-6 and #8?
    Despite some doubt from outsiders, our Backrow is in very healthy shape.
    Doherty and Pusey will have #6 well covered, we have the three most promising #7's in the land and as always the rock at the back to keep things humming!
    We have the unit to provide the pretty boys the pill, it is a fairly heavy pack yet it is also very mobile which is just as important these days in S14.
    Can't wait, feel like strapping the ears back once more in anticipation!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I saw a press conference with Stanners and he believes that he'll spend more time on the wing with Gits and Cross the likely centre pairing.

What I believe the team will be:

1. Angus Scott
    2. Brendan Cannon
    3. Troy Takiari
    4. Rudi Vedelago
    5. Nathan Sharpe
    6. Luke Doherty
    7. Matt Hodgson
    8. Scott Fava
    9. Matt Henjak
    10. Lachlan MacKay
    11. Scott Staniforth
    12. Matt Giteau
    13. Ryan Cross
    14. Drew Mitchell
    15. Cameron Shepherd

vCash
    I have personally been disappointed with fava. He was a consistent performer with those whinging Brumbies but he was MIA in many games last year. I like Brown. He's 'ard but possibly a bit short to play 8 as he's not much help at lineout time. Pocock is Australia's Ritchie McCaw at 7. Pick the kid and let him rip

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4