Quote Originally Posted by NSW Rugby
HSBC Waratahs skipper Chris Whitaker will lead NSW against the Chiefs in Hamilton on Saturday making him the most capped Waratah ever.

Whitaker plays his 116th match for NSW, one more than his former teammate and good friend Matthew Burke.

“It’s an honour to be in the same company as Matt Burke but personal records aren’t that important to me, it’s the team that counts,” said a humble Whitaker.

“I really want the team to share in success and that means we must keep winning and we’ve got another hard game coming up against the Chiefs.”

The Waratahs awoke today to blue skies over Hamilton a dramatic change to the weather in Dunedin last week.

Head coach Ewen McKenzie has retained the same line-up for the Chiefs clash.

“I thought the team adapted well to the conditions last week and although there’s been a bit of rain around here in Waikato we’re certainly pleased to see the sun out,” said McKenzie.

“Our ability to play in wet or dry conditions means we’re not limited by the environment and it’s proof that the Waratahs can play what’s in front of them.”

HSBC Waratahs to Play the Chiefs on Saturday

Benn Robinson
Adam Freier
Al Baxter
Alex Kanaar
Daniel Vickerman
Rocky Elsom
Phil Waugh [v-c]
David Lyons
Chris Whitaker [c]
Mat Rogers
Lote Tuqiri
Sam Norton-Knight
Morgan Turinui
Wendell Sailor
Peter Hewat
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Matt Dunning
Will Caldwell
Stephen Hoiles
Brett Sheehan
Daniel Halangahu
Shaun Berne
Leroy Houston
Ben Jacobs
Hoping for a good win this weekend, also praying that the Crusaders lose to the Bulls.