and Ricky Elsom - Perhaps it gets lost in the translation or the accent

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Because we do such a good job with with Polynesian names

Re the Front Row, I reckon that Moore and Shepherdson both had above average matches for us however, until Dunning can get a first touch bind, or at least not have to hold himself up with his left arm post engage, then he deserves everything he gets.

There seems to be some serious ego issues with Referee's in Australian matches and I am starting to wonder if there has been something going on behind the scene between the Officials and the ARU.
    I would like to think that I am not that one eyed that there isn't some objectivity left, it just seems that most SH Refs are VERY short when dealing with the Wallabies as players or the Captain and will not tolerate any form of discussion, even during a break in play.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Haha looks like sometimes it pays to watch free to air tv

I thought it was a reasonably good game by the boys, though the interview with knuckles seemed to suggest he wasn't too impressed. It did get a bit sloppy in the second half but like you guys have already said, they had some harsh penalties called against them. I wasn't to angry with the ref, though i have to admit sharpie's yellow card was a bit of a joke, and if he'd sent Latho off for his 'high' tackle i'd have to ask the ref to take some lessons on anatomy...last time i check the chest and the neck were in very different places.

The article claimed that 'Drew Mitchell went off injured' which is obviously wrong. I imagine knuckles won't be impressed with that spear tackle. Bit of a stupid move. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get reported.

I thought the backs moved a lot better this round. I think the forwards still have to work on their scrum. If dunning infringes one more time i'm going to stuff him and his donuts on the next plane out of france *sigh*

Nice work by Barnes. He really stepped up. Sharpie gave him a nice wrap at the end of the game there, and Barnes acknowledged Gits for his constant commentary and support during the game which is nice to hear.

Anyone heard on Mortlock's injury yet?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    If they can pronounce Botha and Rocokoko properly, there's not too much excuse. I can say "Jones" or "Thomas" without much difficulty

Apparently Mortlock will miss one match:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...013519,00.html

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrick Barnes on Gareth Thomas' late tackle
    "Gareth got me pretty good and I was looking in the rear-view,'' he said.
    "I guess Gits did his mad dive. I was a little bit concussed and winded. The boys gave it to me that I was rolling around like a girl.''

Do you get the feeling the boys just never stop giving each other shit?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Latham did a pretty good impression of the "Giteau mad dive"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    The article claimed that 'Drew Mitchell went off injured' which is obviously wrong. I imagine knuckles won't be impressed with that spear tackle. Bit of a stupid move. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get reported.
    That type of thing happens very quickly in the heat of battle and often goes wrong before the player has time to realise what's happened. It's the deliberate driving of players head first into the deck that's truly dangerous. Mitchell stopped in mid tackle and although it didn't look good, the penalty should be enough. But given the citings so far, he's got an anxious couple of days on his hands.

vCash
    When a wing spear tackles a prop, give him a freaking medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Lol...fair call. But i agree about the citings so far. That's what has me worried. I mean if they are thinking about citing Latho for his chest tackle then that's pretty crap as well...

I'd be really awesome if we had a freaking backline left by the time we get to the finals...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Actually it was the Welsh hooker, unless their props have taken to wearing #2 on their shirts.

Dunning was concentrating too much on his non-scrummaging play, he put himself about in defence and some sublime skills in setting up Gregan to put the kick through for the Wallabies try.

Latham's 'late tackle' shouldn't even have been a penalty. The Welsh boyo should be ashamed of himself in the way he milked the contact going down like a soccer player.

It certainly looked like the ref had been given a bung at half-time as the Welsh got the benefit of a lot of dodgy decisions in the 2nd 40.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    Dunning was concentrating too much on his non-scrummaging play, he put himself about in defence and some sublime skills in setting up Gregan to put the kick through for the Wallabies try.
    Yeah...about the only useful thing him and tuqiri did all match...

Latham's 'late tackle' shouldn't even have been a penalty. The Welsh boyo should be ashamed of himself in the way he milked the contact going down like a soccer player.
    Mmm i believe i shouted out something to the effect of 'you're not playing afl you pansy...put your handbag away' *ahem*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Mmm i believe i shouted out something to the effect of 'you're not playing afl you pansy...put your handbag away' *ahem*
    Much along the same lines as my comment at the time.....although I changed "afl" to "soccer" as the pub was full of seppos & welsh.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Actually it was the Welsh hooker, unless their props have taken to wearing #2 on their shirts.
    Clearly you're not drinking enough during these games if you can still read numbers...

At least I remembered he was a front rower, that's something.

Champion
    vCash

Weekend in Cardiff

Had a great time in Cardiff. The place was packed with Aussies. The stadium is awesome with a good view from everywhere.The roof was closed, I don't know if that's why the pitch was so slippery in the first half.Latho is in great form, he seemed to have so much time to make decisions and his kicking game was top notch. It was good to see Shep there as part of the team. After the win we went back to the Wallaby Embassy to celebrate along with many others. Came away with a few souveniers and photo's.Going back to the hotel the streets were packed with people,Cardiff has alot of clubs and bars which all seemed to be full. Can't wait for Marseille now!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2