A big congratulations to the boys (sorry... men) in the University 6th grade team who pulled off a very convincing win against Bunbury yesterday.

They scored 6 tries to 1 against a team that probably would have been about half their accumulative ages. Every time we scored a try the opposition would huddle together and talk loudly about how it didn't matter, the other guys were so old that they would easily be able to get up over them.

But that wasn't to be. Despite the second half being a little less impressive than the first, Uni held them to their one try while piling on a couple more. It was the general feeling on the sideline that the perfomance of the team slumped a bit when Fordie went on. But even so, the man is a legend and expects that the grand final will be his last.

Their (Bunbury) 14 and 16 were amazing... but it was a shame for them that they barely saw the ball. Hard to score tries when you spend most of the match in your own 22.

All in all it was fantastic to watch the old boys give the youngens a run for their money. Having grown up watching these guys play in the same teams as my Dad it's always a pleasure to go down and support all the familiar faces and listen to them tell me about how the last time they saw me i was 'this high' and that I could frequently be seen running around Riley oval in the nutty. (I was a toddler then, for the record).

I will be cheering them on again in the Grand final and would encourage anyone who is interested, to join me. Always fun to watch the old fellas putting the kids to shame.