Thread: Lealiifano re-signs with Brumbies

vCash

Lealiifano re-signs with Brumbies

Lealiifano re-signs with CA Brumbies
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007
    Brumbies Media Unit

Flyhalf Christian Lealiifano has renewed a one-year rookie contract with the CA Brumbies for 2008.

Lealiifano was a member of the Brumbies Academy before joining the CA Brumbies on a rookie contract for 2007. The Auckland-born, Melbourne-raised pivot also represented the Australian Under 19’s and Under 21’s in 2006, and Australian Sevens side this year.

The 19 year old, who earned man-of-the-match honours in the Navy Canberra Vikings’ 53-8 win over the Ballymore Tornadoes on Sunday, says he’s pleased to continue his rugby development with the CA Brumbies.

“I’ve loved being part of the Brumbies this year and my game has improved out of sight,” he said. “I love playing my rugby in Canberra and I feel extremely lucky to be able to train alongside players like Stirling Mortlock and Julian Huxley.

“I’m really excited about staying for at least another year and I’m keen to push for the next level with the Brumbies.”

The re-signing adds another player to the CA Brumbies’ stock of young rising talent including Lealiifano’s Australian Under 21 team mates Julian Salvi, John Ulugia, and Anthony and Saia Faingaa.

CA Brumbies head coach Laurie Fisher says he’s pleased Lealiifano will remain with the CA Brumbies.

“Christian’s risen to each level of rugby he’s competed at and he’s a player with a lot of potential,” he said. “He’s only 19 and he’s got a lot of physical and tactical development left in him, but he’s got an excellent work ethic and a mature approach to his football. It’s great he will be on board for 2008 and I’m looking forward to him working towards playing at the next level.”

Brumbies Rugby CEO Andrew Fagan says Lealiifano is one of the many rising stars in the CA Brumbies.

“Christian showed on the weekend that despite being a junior member of the side, he’s definitely not overawed by playing at the higher levels,” he said. “He’s a dangerous runner of the football who constantly threatens the defensive line, an excellent defender with a good passing and deft kicking game. He’s a well-liked member of the squad and we’re very excited to see how far he can take his rugby.”

Christian Lealiifano

Position: Flyhalf
    Physical: 1.87m/90kg
    Born: 24.09.87, Auckland, NZ
    Club: Tuggeranong

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A very handy (re) signing for you Evie, I reckon he will be seeing plenty of match time next season.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    A very handy (re) signing for you Evie, I reckon he will be seeing plenty of match time next season.
    He sure will, especially going on how well he has been going for the Vikings. It will be very interesting next season if Huxley moves to flyhalf or if Lealiifano is given the chance. He has been talked up for a few years, and is still only 19. There are some great young talents out there, and as usual after a World Cup and mass retirements we should see more of them next season.

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Player
    vCash
    melbourne raised! he should be with the rebels!