Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force admits Sharpe top-up

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Coach, are you in a position to confirm or deny that Force1's email ends in @smh.com.au?? (or is it just a brand new hotmail account as well!?)
    Sorry, matters of privacy and personal ethical standards don't allow me to share such information. I'm sure if an email address of a member here does end in @smh.com.au they too would understand such ethics...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna

I don't really appreciate being parented by someone who thinks the SMH is the bible and slags off anyone who dares to disagree..
    Who's your daddy?

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Aww coach... a true legend and diplomatic.

You're a true gem.

I made Happy sad...

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Sorry, matters of privacy and personal ethical standards don't allow me to share such information. I'm sure if an email address of a member here does end in @smh.com.au they too would understand such ethics...
    Fully agreed (and the expected answer from a true professional) - but I bet I made you look anyway! As I asked "are you in a position to confirm or deny"

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Well having said that i've been a dedicated member of the force from the beginning but i only discovered this place less than a month ago so its conceivable that he's only just appeared on the scene..
    Granted, my point was however, if you are a dedicated member for such a (claimed) lengthy period, then only just now found the site, would you then put all your energy into denouncing the club and its management. BTW - I applaud you taking the fight to this so called Force fan - when he obviously has a different agenda. (11 NEGATIVE posts and counting). Notice no contributions to the other non-"force in trouble" posts!?

vCash
    i'm gonna chip in here as well and say that i dont like it when someone claims that they are such a huge force fan and yet they badmouth the force as much as this bloke has, i just dont get it?? :s I've been a force fan since before we got the Bid for the 4th team approved for perth and yet i only found this site back in january (because i got handed a card for it at the pre-season game against samoa). But still i dont understand this guy's motives????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83
    But still i dont understand this guy's motives????
    I don't either. But anyone should be able to comment whatever they like here providing it's legal and not personally abusive.

On Friday night there were a few of us starting to think that F1 could be the great SMH investigative journo himself. But I can't really believe that someone who has won awards for journalistic excellence would come to a website like this and carry on like a complete f@ckwit.

No. It's much more likely to be the pie eater from Rugbyheaven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    I don't either. But anyone should be able to comment whatever they like here providing it's legal and not personally abusive.
    And therein lies my issue with him...

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    This is actually the first I'd heard of this. Being on the east coast, I would have expected something like this to be all over the news, and the way F1 is going on, I really figured ACA would be doing a week long expose into the Force and their "seedy underground network" hehe.

Everyone on the east is just as over this crap as you guys and gals, but good on the jurnos for drumming this up into such a huge hyperbole, as the general public are waking up to it. Just let them play the ****ing game.

As with F1, I also have the inside word into SMH... Expect the following headlines in coming weeks:

• Force kick cats
    • Force causes el nino
    • Force cancelled Christmas (that was my saddest one)
    • Force release god-awful team song (oh wait...)
    • Force chase small children
    • Force close orphanage
    • Force arrange secret payments to buy easter
    • Force have secret weapons silo, planning to invade the east
    • Force convinced George Lucas that Jar Jar Binks would be a sweetarse character
    • Force released Harry Potter spoilers before book came out.
    • Force the reason it's raining in Sydney today (That was you!?.. you f**kers)
    • Force won't think of the children
    • Force won't help elderly woman cross the street

...and that's just a sample of what's to come.

vCash

Pure gold sage, classy stuff....We offered a fair price on Easter too....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Even offered a second string income as an environmental consultant for

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Force convinced George Lucas that Jar Jar Binks would be a sweetarse character
    Seriously!? Man...well in that case i'm cancelling my membership....those bastards have a lot to answer for!

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Now Flamethrower, just let them rant a bit more - remember the SMH is a gutter rag, and like Growden, if you let them rant long enough they dig a big hole for themselves.

The ARU, past CEO and board investigated all 2006 player contracts and filed a report that all was above board and kosher. They also review the Force and Rugby WA accounts and financial reports.
    I am still waiting for new CEO to come out and say "we reviewed this last year - all was above board and no breach of contract obligations was found - matter closed."
    Nothing has been done by the Force board that other clubs and unions haven't done in the past. How come the Tahs can keep buying the most expensive Leaguies in Australia and avoid any scrutiny? The old boys in Sydney are shirty at loosing their grip on the game - they are happy to lash out at anyone who dares to do something different. I'm still happy to back O'Meara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep
    How come the Tahs can keep buying the most expensive Leaguies in Australia and avoid any scrutiny? The old boys in Sydney are shirty at loosing their grip on the game
    It's usually the ARU that is chasing them

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes Sagerian, but they go to the Tahs. So its the NSW part of the payment plan that must be better than the other teams - the ARU part being already set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep
    Yes Sagerian, but they go to the Tahs. So its the NSW part of the payment plan that must be better than the other teams - the ARU part being already set.
    I'm more than happy to be wrong (I'm often wrong) but it's my understanding that a province can offer not more than 160k or there abouts. The top ups are from the aru (and 3rd party sponsership, which must be approved by the ARU).

Most would prefer going to the tahs as most of them are already in NSW. You can blame the tahs for the league thing (i do sometimes) but it's more the ARU to blame.

P.S. Did you know the Force invaded Poland in 1939?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast