Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Posts...

vCash

Talking 2000 Posts...

Well I finally made it.

2000 posts. This is probably due to my hundreds of posts in the ‘word association’ thread and the ‘and so it continues’ one but hey, I’ll take it.

Well I joined TWF a little over a year ago now and I’ve grown and changed a fair bit. I dropped the ‘c’ from the end of my screen name for one and I even managed to find myself a bloke (even if he was of the powder blue variety). I’ve made friends, made enemies and made some bad and hopefully some good jokes over the past year and here’s hoping that at least a couple of my posts were taken as well thought out and insightful. But I won’t hold my breath.

So I’d like to recap on some of the memorable moments I’ve experienced thanks to TWF.

There were those first few ‘TWF Wednesday Night Chat Nights’ where I would frequently be the first to arrive and the last to leave as I was on Uni holidays and could sleep in as long as I wanted. They were priceless and I loved getting to know everyone and everyone was so sweet and welcoming. You all know how to make a girl feel special.

I somehow managed to take up the role of chat night barmaid even though I have no real, or virtual, experience behind a bar. Was happy to fetch Happy his Magners, Exile his Rum and Coke and pour little underage Beaver some vanilla coke in his Winnie-the-pooh cup. On many occasions the pooh cup was confiscated and little Matty was booted in order to learn a lesson but I’m not sure it ever had any effect.

I became a ‘Spelling Nazi’ quite shortly after my arrival and subsequently got up the nose of little Shaunmarn (who is now Shaun). Things got a bit ugly for a while there but we took a step back, laughed at ourselves and now I really enjoy was he has to say and he often has some really good, insightful posts and I get impressed. Good on you Shaun.

There was the absolutely classic moment where Fulvio approached a young, dark haired lady at one of the Perth Gold games asking if she was Jess. As if fate was playing a cruel joke on our resident lawyer, her name in fact, was Jess. He then proceeded to tell her he was really looking forward to a match report posted on TWF and I can only imagine how confused this poor girl was. This being because the girl wasn’t me and probably had no idea what TWF was and even more so, who this guy talking to her was. *sigh* Poor Fulvio.

How about when I talked about the time that I had an embarrassing moment trying to get into JB’s where both my heels got stuck in the rubber door mat and it took me a good couple of minutes to get them out and get in the front door. A group of guys cheered as I finally managed to sort myself out and to my horror, as I recounted this story on TWF, it turned out the guys that cheered were a few of the TWF guys who had rocked up to watch the State of Origin! I’m still so very embarrassed. I do my best to wear flat shoes when I go there now. Hehe.

Of course there was the TWF Quiz night AKA everyone giving Happy a hard time because the questions were too hard. I had the best time there. Got to meet a lot of the members and engage in a bit of healthy competition which doesn’t often bring out the best in people. I seriously had a blast that night and my friends and family did too. Coach especially enjoyed checking out my mum for most of the night and then aptly naming her ‘Saucy Minx Cringle’.

On that note, I think it was Frontrow that coined ‘Old Man Cringle’ later shortened to OMC and I can’t thank him enough for it. I still use it on him.

And of course I found love on TWF but we’re not going into that because I’m a bit of a private lass. There is a time and a place.

There are so many more memories but I fear that I am waffling and no one will be reading anymore so I should call this post a day.

A big thanks to all the active members of this wonderful site. I think so highly of you all and I have loved getting to know you and chatting about everything that is rugby. You’re all treasures so keep doin’ what you’re doin’.

Here’s to 2000 more.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Congratulations Jess, a well earned milestone through many insightfull postings.
    Keep it up.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Good on ya Jess

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good on you Jess, I think we might keep you
    Here's to many more posts and memories ahead

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Congrats on #2000 Jess!! It's has been fun and I'm looking forward to your next 2000 too!

vCash
    But but but, don't I rate a mention? *sniff*

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    well done Jess, all you need to do now is earn your InnFORCEers Tour Shirt!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    PS. Chook is fantastic!

Plenty of time to achieve that TIF.

I made Happy sad...

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    You forgot to mention your many posts in support of the cheerleader campaign Jess. Well done girlie.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Well done Jess!!! Keep up the good work

vCash
    Well done Jess, keep it going

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Welcome to the 2000+ club jess, another welcome and worthy addition, has been a pleasure to know, and meet you, and your OMC...Keep 'em coming and keep smilin'...
    Oh yeah, excellent 2000th post by the way...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Well done Jess!! Great work!

We were worried as you went quiet on us for a while but welcome back to the bosom of your TWF-family!

vCash
    Congrats on the milestone Jess. At my rate it'll take about another 3 years.

vCash
    I deliberately left out the cheerleaders stuff.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone.

I made Happy sad...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast