Thread: Palmyra Bamboozle the Bulldozer

vCash

Palmyra Bamboozle the Bulldozer

Palmyra Bamboozle the Bulldozer

Palmyra cemented third place in the Home Building Society premiership with an uneven, close 22-17 win over fourth-placed Perth-Bayswater at Pat O’Hara Reserve today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    did that say Associates are expecting a 5 point win next week. were did they get that from, i rekon they will loose by 5.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Blind faith in ones team, it's a wonderful thing

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    All up it was a good game and could've gone either way, paly seemed to miss alot of tackles by trying to take down the attacking player by holding onto the jersey, rather than going for the legs as every player is taught at an early age.jason burke, had a good day with the boot, and a good amount of attacking runs.It would've been good to see ratu with the ball in hand, i think he touched it once!! we could've put frank out on the wing and he would have easily done the same amount as Ratu. ( or perhaps a bit more )
    Rick did a good job standing in for stretch, and in the second half, perth weren't having it all their own way in the scrums, running bear also had a good game in frasers place.It was a good game of rugby for the spectators and the players. Tooley has also slotted into the 1st grade really well and had another outstanding game, a good attacking centre or fullback with speed strength and a mean step. well done paly!!!

vCash
    I think Ratu actually touched the ball twice in the 30 minutes he was on, but it wasn't a great day for wings. The damp conditions and Perth's in-your-face defence meant the ball didn't get out to the wings much. The first touch, big Ratu didn't have a lot of space and ran up ten metres before being tackled, the second time he tried going sideways about 30 metres to mkae some space for himself but the Black defence was all over him. He looked troubled by his hamstring too, and it was his first outing in months, so it was unlikely he'd set the world on fire. He needs some good game time with the Spirit.

I was impressed with Tony Alatini, he was really the only penetrative runner of the day and moved the ball out nicely when Paly got going in the second half.

Last edited by rick boyd; 30-07-07 at 06:12.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Almac, if I wasn't sick as a dog today with the flu, I'd be enthusing over your sound judgment and profound rugby knowledge. Or were you taking the piss?

Rick, good write up. I was at Bunbury with the 6ths so I missed the game, but your report made me feel like I was there... thanks.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I agree with almac ratu could of served drinks on the wing yesterday he is playing at the club on wed night hopefully he will see it a bit more and can get some touch for the next club game against Cott. Tony Alatini had a blinder i dont know if Chucky was available theat he would be playing first five to be honest.The guy is controlling the game so well, I wonder if he has egnough games to win the Pg Hampshire 2 best on gounds with only 2 games played this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Almac, if I wasn't sick as a dog today with the flu, I'd be enthusing over your sound judgment and profound rugby knowledge. Or were you taking the piss?

Rick, good write up. I was at Bunbury with the 6ths so I missed the game, but your report made me feel like I was there... thanks.
    What more could any journo ask for? You're welcome and congratulations on a good, tight win under pressure. What happened to the Paly scrum in the second half? They subbed off the first string prop and I thought, here we go, uncontested scrums any minute now. But the Paly scrum actually improved, contested well and I think actually pushed the bulldozer back at one point.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    High praise indeed Rick!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.