Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you think ofthe Reffing

vCash

What did you think ofthe Reffing

Well, the Bledisloe is lost, and I guess it sounds like sour grapes now, but what did you think of the reffing in the game?

I wasn't happy!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiteauIsGunnaScoreTwenty
    Well, the Bledisloe is lost, and I guess it sounds like sour grapes now, but what did you think of the reffing in the game?

I wasn't happy!

he was ok
    the touch judge & tmo left a little to be desired

Player
    vCash
    all rubbish and soft

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ref was shite but we gave away too many cheap penalities also.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    For me I would say a combination of BG's and TLH's answers are about on the money.
    There is rarely an International that doesn't include a few dodgy decisions, unfortunately in this case the majority seemed to go against the Wallabies.
    As Kearnsey said "This Ref is starting to get annoying", implying that to start with he was doing a good job and then started to impose his will in the second half when the pressure came on and he started to get challenged.
    However, the crucial match determining calls came from Joubert with the wrong call on the "high tackle" and the TMO with the second ruling.
    At this level I don't believe you have pre-match biased Refs (with the possible exception of Kaplan ) so, if you are getting the calls against you, you just need to adapt to the interpretations being given.
    I am yet to see a player beat a Ref on the field!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Can't agree, I thought the ref was fair though I would accept not always correct...sadly it does sound like sour grapes to suggest he influenced the final result, too much indiscipline and petulance on show from Wallabies that ought to know better gave the ref little option at times. On balance I think he got it right more often than wrong and it was interesting to see which team adapted better to a NH ref considering where the WCup is this year.

Also be interested to see how long it takes an Aussie fan to pipe-up about the use of a Drop-goal this week...seems it's ok to use as a tactic against the AB's but should be banned and reduced in value when the Boks employ it, a little double standards methinks, wonder what knuckles will have to say about it

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I heard that Helen Clark has offered them citizenship and will cover any relocation costs.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    he was crap, but then again im thinking with my heart and not my head............. and im quite intoxicatwed right now as well

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-top
    Can't agree, I thought the ref was fair though I would accept not always correct...sadly it does sound like sour grapes to suggest he influenced the final result, too much indiscipline and petulance on show from Wallabies that ought to know better gave the ref little option at times. On balance I think he got it right more often than wrong and it was interesting to see which team adapted better to a NH ref considering where the WCup is this year.

Also be interested to see how long it takes an Aussie fan to pipe-up about the use of a Drop-goal this week...seems it's ok to use as a tactic against the AB's but should be banned and reduced in value when the Boks employ it, a little double standards methinks, wonder what knuckles will have to say about it
    My view was that when the Kiwis took the field goal attempt and missed the Wallabies lifted to think we had the edge.....but when Gits took the field goal and unexpectedly got it.......we dropped and thought .."well maybe thats the only way we can score "

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Can't complain too much - I've seen much worse....

As for the drop goal - of course it's OK if we do it

It's part of the game, and based on statistics, it's a part of the game that the Wallabies must be proficient in if they want to win, I wonder if they have been practicing? - I think I posted some figures up about winning off the boot once before?

Found them - these are the ONLY (tier 1) teams to win matches where they have had a lower try count.

England - 28
    South Africa - 14
    Australia - 13
    New Zealand - 13
    France - 7

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't worry F-T, I still think they are a blight on the game, second only to Penalty Goals.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Gitts drop goal was inspired and put the Wallabies back in the game and kept them in touch in the first half - hopefully this will become a feature of his game as it is a game winning ploy. BTW Carter attempted 2 drop goals and didn't get em

ref didn't get it all right (don't expect that) but at least he contained some of the worse elements of an encounter with the All Blacks - agree with the comment that the Wallabies lost the plot in the 2nd half and gave away to many penalties - it was a tough game mentally

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The ref was ok, I couldn't see where they saw a try on the TMO decision and the high tackle decision was poor but we lost the game because we didn't break their line, simple as that.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    the refs were crap to both teams so it was fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-top
    Also be interested to see how long it takes an Aussie fan to pipe-up about the use of a Drop-goal this week...:
    Nice trolling FT

But not many bites

PS. Be sure to catch some of the web streaming of the ARC starting soon. I'd be interested to hear your take on the "Stellenbosch Laws" and how you think the NH unions will think on them after their trial in Scotland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast