Thread: Once an idiot...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Once an idiot...

"I will NOT go quietly into the night, I will rage rage against the dying of the light!"
    -Dylan Thomas

Bloody hell Del, learn when to shut the **** up

Lote's a scapegoat: Sailor

Andrew Webster
    Sunday, July 8, 2007

FORMER Wallaby Wendell Sailor says the ARU has made Lote Tuqiri a scapegoat because of off-field misdemeanours in other codes.

Tuqiri is understood to be devastated about being suspended for two Tests for missing recovery and training sessions on Monday after Australia's victory against the All Blacks last weekend. (Good, maybe he won't do it again, it wouldn't be a punishment if it didn't hurt!)

Sailor - who is close friends with Tuqiri and a former Broncos, Waratahs and Wallabies teammate (So a well qualified and totally unbiased viewpoint...) - says incidents involving AFL player Alan Didak with alleged Melbourne gunman Christopher Wayne Hudson and league star Sonny Bill Williams urinating in an alley was the reason ARU boss John O'Neill went hard on the $6 million man. ("Hard"??? He should have been out for three Tests!)

"I feel sorry for Lote (Me too, he has no self discipline and has no respect for the fortunate position he has in life.) - John O'Neill had to make a statement," said Sailor, who is serving a two-year suspension for testing positive to cocaine.

"I'm not saying Lote has done nothing wrong but he's been made a scapegoat. John O'Neill had to look as if he was taking strong action. Lote is just on the wrong end of it." (uhuh...hang on Del, what was that about a two year suspension? I guess that was only worth a couple of matches too?)

Tuqiri, 28, has been training hard behind the scenes since being reprimanded. Yet his suspension has brought into sharp focus whether the ARU was wise in signing him to a $6 million, five-year deal this year. (Yet the quote was the "ink wasn't quite dry yet..." )

Former Wallabies coach Eddie Jones said yesterday Tuqiri was being paid too much but backed him to return to career-best form.

"He would be one of the first wingers picked in any World XV side," Jones said.

"Whether Lote is good value for the money is debatable but that doesn't mean he isn't a good investment. He is a world-class player.

"He's the type of player who will use this to his advantage. He'll bounce back."

Jones also defended the ARU's decision to lure high-profile rugby league talent such as Sailor, Tuqiri and Mat Rogers.

Sailor has been suspended, Rogers abandoned the code in a World Cup year and Tuqiri is having his worst season since defecting from league.

All three have been involved in unsavoury off-field incidents, despite being lured for their ability to generate positive headlines.

Sailor said the events of the week had floored Tuqiri.

"Of course, there comes a responsibility when you are off the field," he said.

"But he has taken this week very hard. It's not as if he has done anything terribly wrong." (And you are the judge of standards? Go away Del... )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Rules is rules Del!

He missed a med session then was over the alcohol team limit! Can't let him off just because he's Lote and he's your mate! Anyone would have received the same punishment or worse even.

Oh Wendel... when will you learn...

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Exile, can you apply your STFU script to Wendell?

vCash
    Here dell, heres a hot cup of "shut the f*ck up"....
    You know all about role models, oh, i forgot, "drugs are bad mmmK"....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Looks like Wendel is the new Eddie huh Frontrow?

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    That was exactly what i thought when i first read it, great minds....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Why are Dell's opinions even relevant? Is he now doing the PR for Lote? God help them both, if that's the case.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Great minds indeed FR.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Billy Birmingham on The Back Page last week, commenting on Wendell's chubbiness these days. "Apparently he's tested positive to KFC"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Billy Birmingham on The Back Page last week, commenting on Wendell's chubbiness these days. "Apparently he's tested positive to KFC"
    Haha nice but not as funny as Sonny Bill Williams saying on The NRL Footy Show a few weeks ago "Wendell wants to finish his career on a high."

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, he achieved that with his Rugby career

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.