Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tri Nations 4 AUS v SAF LOTS

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    have my lawyers call my lawyers......they will do LUNCH

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    After the payout tonite - can you afford that ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Moooo MMMOOOO moooo??

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Daisy!!!
    You made it back!!!
    Sorry for leaving you in the lurch, only just got out of the clink
    Can recommend not having a bare arse in NSW

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Isn't Hoiles a Waratah and didn't he score a try? I WANT MY WINNINGS YOU WELCHER!!
    Name Stephen Hoiles
    Position No.8/Flanker
    Height 190cm
    Weight 98kg
    Date of Birth 13/10/1981
    Club Randwick (NSW)
    Super 14 Team NSW Waratahs
    Super 12/14 Points 10 (2t)
    Super 12/14 Caps 29
    Tests 2004 - S4 (rep), E2 (rep). 2006 - W (rep) 2007 - W1 (t) (rep), W2 (rep), Fj (rep), SA1 (rep), NZ1 (rep)
    Test Points 5 (1t)
    Test Caps 8
    Test Debut 2004 v Scotland, Glasgow
    Honours Australian Sevens 2001, Australia A 2004, 2006. Australian Wallabies 2004, 2006 -
    Senior Tours 2004 - UK & France, 2006 UK, Ireland & Italy

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry fellas, the Bookie may be running for cover on a few fronts and throwing up technicalities but, regardless of if he was paying out on a person or a flower, Hoiles was and still is a Brumby in 2007:

http://www.brumbies.com.au/act.rugby/page/50329

Hoiles joins Brumbies

June 19, 2006 - 4:20pm
    Story by: Sportal

Stephen Hoiles has left the HSBC Waratahs and signed a two-year contract with the CA Brumbies in the hope of getting more playing time in the Tooheys New Super 14.

The flanker was overlooked in the NSW backrow for Phil Waugh, Rocky Elsom, David Lyons and Wycliff Pau during the Super 14 season, and the 24-yeard-old wants more game time next year in order to help his chances of a return to the Wallabies line-up.

"I want that opportunity, particularly in a World Cup year," Hoiles said.

"If I can play regular time with a settled backline that includes quality players Stephen Larkham, George Gregan and Mark Gerrard that will be my best chance of making it to France."

Coach Laurie Fisher was confident Hoiles would slot in nicely to the Brumbies line-up after they beat the Reds and Waratahs in snaring Hoiles' signature.

"We see Stephen fitting in at number eight although he does have versatility to play any position in the back row," Fisher said.

"There's no question that he will suit to our attacking style of game.

"He runs good lines, is evasive in attack and has tremendous vision around the field.

"He's also a quality lineout forward. He's clear about what he wants to achieve in his rugby and its our job to work with him to make sure it happens."

Hoiles credits Brumbies

July 06, 2007 - 8:39am
    Story by: Sportal

Emerging No.8 Stephen Hoiles gets his chance in the Qantas Wallabies run-on-side this Saturday in the absence of powerhouse Wycliff Palu, who is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury.

Hoiles has been impressive as an impact player for the Wallabies this season but is out to prove he can handle the starting role against the physical Springboks.

The 25-year-old moved from the Waratahs to the Brumbies for the 2007 Super 14 season and believes the switch has contributed to his recent string of strong performances for the Wallabies.

"I definitely don't take for granted what the Brumbies helped me do this year … I just felt that I needed to get consistent time on the field," Hoiles said.

"At NSW with the depth they had in their in the back-row, they had four other Wallaby back-rowers there."

"It was just always going to be a case of you'll get plenty of time here and there but it just wouldn't be week in week out, which is what I thought I needed."

Perhaps fittingly, Hoiles' first Test start will coincide with the final match on home soil for the familiar Wallabies pairing of George Gregan and Stephen Larkham, with the match also Larkham's 100th Test appearance.

In addition to the increased game time Hoiles enjoyed with the Brumbies this season he said the chance to play alongside veterans George Gregan and Stephen Larkham at the Brumbies was invaluable.

"Going down to Canberra, not only just getting the game time but playing in a side whose style of footy I really enjoyed and playing with some pretty dominant players… has definitely helped me."

"George (Gregan) is known for how professional he is with everything and Bernie's (Steve Larkham) the same and Stirling (Mortlock); there the three guys that if you said 'who don't cut any corners' … they're the three guys that come to mind first."

"They set a really good example for the younger guys, it's always getting thrown at you by the trainer, 'look at the older guys, they've been there and done it but they're still working harder than everyone.'"
    Steve Orme

Now, about that streak wager...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Looked like a good night for the vBookie. Couldn't have happened to a nicer & more generous fellow!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3