Thread: Palmyra Visit Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Palmyra Visit Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury...

In a draw which must have been conceived in the brain of a bipolar lunatic on speed, Palmyra was required to spread itself over three venues, 100 kilometers apart, and the nearest 40 kilometers from their home ground.

Nevertheless the club acquitted itself well, with the firsts accounting for Rockingham by some 20 points and seconds winning also, thirds going down narrowly to Mandurah and fifths beating them, sixths drawing with unbeaten top of the ladder Bunbury,and colts winning against South West by what must be the record score of the season so far,90 plus to zip.

At the time of posting, none of these scores, nor indeed any other lower grade results have as yet appeared on the RugbyWAwebsite.

Having been at Bunbury I am not able to comment on other games. But the sixths' efforts in drawing that game playing With only 13 men (some of whom had never before played together) plus a couple of seconded colts to make up the numbers (boy, those kids must have been tired) shows the depth of character in the club at all levels.

Next week, Associates again in first grade.

As much as I have now made my peace with Rick Boyd, and truly love him like a brother, it is with some sadness that I note he has returned to his partisan ways. Yes, brother Rick is a recalcitrant, his objectivity has again been diminuished, indeed thrown aside by his readoption of his "Perth is best -you are all shit" literary stance.

Take for example his headline on the RugbyWA site this Saturday "Perth Bayswater Bulldozer Runs over University". The real story is that a fourth from the bottom University, in the throes of on and off field turmoil, was able to take it right up to an overopinionated Perth team (that was barely able to fall over the line last week to second bottom Rockingham) losing by only 16 points, Perth allowing what would appear to be at least 3 tries to be scored against them.

I would have thought that what the game really revealed, and what should have been the headline, was that this year Perth have been a one man team all year, and now that man has returned to Japan, they are struggling even against mediocre competition.

Oh well, chacun a son gout.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    In a draw which must have been conceived in the brain of a bipolar lunatic on speed,
    That's gold

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Frank, Frank, Frank. You know we journos are always looking for a colourful angle to hang the story off. I put it to you that if that story had been about any other club but Perth, it would not worry you.

Now look at the facts. Uni are not a bad club. They had a horror start to the season, playing the top four clubs in the first five weeks, but as they showed against Soaks, they are better than their "lowly" status would have you believe. (Rockingham are also an under-rated team, in terms of their play if not their results. Several coaches have told me Rockingham gave their team one of their hardest workouts. 15-7 against Wests. 25-18 against Kalamunda.)

Against Perth, Uni were competitive until midway through the second half. Then Perth scored four tries. The final score was 38-22 -- this was not a close game, Perth did not squeak home. This was a thorough defeat. You had to be there to appreciate Perth's scrum. Uni's scrum is not bad. It was one of their better features when I saw them play Wests, for instance. But Perth's scrum did not just push Uni back. They demolished them, they shattered them, they humiliated them. They won tighthead after tighthead. They looked like men against boys. Hence the bulldozer headline.

And as for Matsushita Kuora, our Japanese player. He was a decent goal kicker. He was a moderately good runner. But he was erratic. To be honest, he's not that big a loss.

One last question, Frank.

When Paly and Perth last met, who won?

vCash
    Rick, read my preview of this weeks game, Palmyra v Associates .

Most of your points have been preempted and answered.

Didn't see any demolition, shattering or humiliation by Perth's front row against Palmyra, Rick. What I saw was a Perth winger who was three grades above anyone else on the field and who continously turned defence into attack with deft kicking, and kicked points with any possession he was given in Palmyra's half.

And he Rick, has gone back to Japan, and, in my humble opinion, has taken Perth's potency with him.

Ah well we'll see how the rest of the season unfolds.

By the way Rick, feel free to use the word "deft" . Quite snappy, dont you think?

vCash
    Keep on swinging you two, good value for the viewing public...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    OK frontrow, in the face of your public admonition ,I shall make no futher comment which disagrees with, tends to disagree with,or gives the impression of disagreement with, any other poster.

My God, Rick and I are going to be struggling to find something to occupy our time...

vCash
    Rick, read my preview of this weeks game, Palmyra v Associates .

Most of your points have been preempted and answered.

Didn't see any demolition, shattering or humiliation by Perth's front row against Palmyra, Rick. What I saw was a Perth winger who was three grades above anyone else on the field and who continously turned defence into attack with deft kicking, and kicked points with any possession he was given in Palmyra's half.

And he Rick, has gone back to Japan, and, in my humble opinion, has taken Perth's potency with him.

Ah well we'll see how the rest of the season unfolds.

By the way Rick, feel free to use the word "deft" . Quite snappy, dont you think?
    What? I can't hear you. I've gone deft.

Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Keep on swinging you two, good value for the viewing public...
    Excuse me, this is a civilised exchange of views, not a bar room brawl.

Anyway, Frank's too fat to ever catch a graceful young winger like what I is.

Last edited by rick boyd; 21-06-07 at 17:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    In keeping with my earlier commitment, I shall refrain from calling Rick a cheeky bugger...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Just sit on him, Fulvio

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd
    When Paly and Perth last met, who won?
    ahh historic stats - gotta love em

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Lawyer vs journo, almost qualifies for a "celebrity death match", minus the celebrity...My money is on Fulvio if he gets hold of rick, but rick if he keeps out of reach....Bring it on...
    We should hire one of those "Bouncy Boxing" set-ups and have an evening of TWF grudge matches....How cool would that be....

vCash
    Hey FW,off topic (what topic), but I spoke to your old mate Moose last night and he asked me to pass on his salutations.

Actually his words were "Fridge? I haven't seen that old bastard for a couple of years. Hows he going? Is he out of jail yet?"

vCash
    Hahaha, tell him i'm on parole....Say g'day for me, and let him know i have a rugrat and missus that can put up with me....I should come down and catch a game and have a beer with you guys, just always working or under curfew...Down in kewdale next saturday, where are you guys playing...?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey FW,off topic (what topic), but I spoke to your old mate Moose last night and he asked me to pass on his salutations.

Would this be the same Moose that works for Firepower???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    No. Different herd.

FR, all the Palmyra grades will be at Soaks (Allen Park).