Thread: Ey up lads!

vCash

Ey up lads!

Hello....

Goffy here, I joined a month or so ago whilst I was working overseas, but now I'm back in good old Perth for the forseeable future and thought I should introduce myself.

Ex prop/hooker, not played for 5 years now and miss the game so much, but old injuries prevent me playing now, plus if I don't work, I don't get paid any beer tokens, so it's golf for me now.

Been in Oz 10 years, first 5 in Darwin, played for the Casuarina Stray Cats golden oldies and got a game in the legends match for the Australian legends V the NZ legends.... that was my last game, 2 broken ribs.... both mine!

Played in UK from the age of 8, now I'm 42.

Was working overseas at the time of registering for memberships so I got an out of town one, not realising I'd be back in town by the time the season started Doh! Can't wait for the season to kick off!!

Does anyone know if there will be any supporters packages to the away games?

Cheers
    Goffy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    G'day Goffy,
    Good to see you online and an impressive playing history!
    I look forward to plenty of Pomgolian tainted input from you in the coming months

vCash
    Welcome aboard.

vCash
    Welcome Goffy.
    Your Force support just superseeds your Englishness

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    G'day Goffy - Good to have you on board, we won't hold coming from the UK aginst ya if you won't hold being dirty convict colonial scum against us eh?

So with the spring tour - which hemisphere you reckon has an advantage othe than home side advantage. The NH are just starting thier int'l season where SH are coming to the end of thiers. So you could suppose that Australia was 1. All warmed up and ready to go, or 2. Tired, Injured and in need of a rest. and NH teams 1. Fresh and fighting fit, or 2. Cold and not in good form yet?

I'm thinking Australia was tired, injured and in need of a rest and that NH teams were fresh and fighting fit..

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    G'day coach......see, I'm assimilating already!

Well, in answer to your question, yes the NH teams were fresh and up for it, but I wouldn't say Australia were tired and in need of a rest, look at NZ, they were also coming to the end of their intl season too.

Test matches between Eng and Aus always have that extra spark, and all it came down to this time was the English forwards were right on top of their game. As for France, well they have always ran hot or cold, shocking one day, brilliant the next, Australia caught them on a good day. I won't mention Wales.... Mainly because I didn't get chance to see that game, so have no idea what happened. As for England, the backs defended well, but had no attacking flair in my opinion. As an ex prop, it was good to see the "donkeys" out playing the "ladies" in the backs! hehe